Table Of Contents
- 1 In A Hurry?
- 2 Tacoma Bed Cover With Rack Table
- 3 Top 2 Pickup Truck Racks
- 4 Bed Rack Tacoma Top Brands
- 5 Tacoma Bed Cover With Rack Reviews And Recommendations
- 5.1 IDEAL CROSSBAR RACK – Hooke Road Truck Cargo Carrier
- 5.2 UNIVERSAL DESIGN – Universal Extendable Pick-Up Truck Rack
- 5.3 MID-HEIGHT CHOICE – YAKIMA Outpost HD Rack
- 5.4 TALL-HEIGHT CHOICE – Thule TracRac TracOne Truck Rack
- 5.5 HEAVY-DUTY OPTION – Hooke Road Tacoma Overland Bed Rack
- 6 Tacoma Truck Bed Rack Benefits
- 7 Toyota Tacoma Truck Bed Rack Types
- 8 Toyota Tacoma Kayak Bed Rack Key Features
- 8.1 Tacoma With Bed Rack Powder Coating
- 8.2 Tacoma Kayak Bed Rack Tie-Down Holes And Mounting Points
- 8.3 Tacoma Bed Rack Heavy-Duty Construction
- 8.4 Toyota Tacoma Bed Rack Tips
- 8.5 Bed Rack Tacoma FAQs
- 8.6 Q: Tacoma Bed Cover With Rack Best Materials?
- 8.7 Q: Tacoma Truck Bed Rack Requires Drilling For The Installation Of A Pickup Truck Carrier?
- 8.8 Q: Bed Rack For Toyota Tacoma Requires A Driver To Buy Additional Components For Installation?
- 8.9 Q: Best Tacoma Bed Rack Has What Load Capacity?
- 8.10 Q: Tacoma Bed Rack System Which Is Most Ideal, Cross Bars Or A Carrier Rack?
- 9 Best Bed Rack For Tacoma Conclusion
Toyota Tacoma With Cargo Rack
Toyota Tacoma Bed Rack Ensures Security And Stability Of Your Cargo
The Toyota Tacoma is well known for its power, durability and versatility. This is a pickup truck that feels right at home on the farm, in the city, at the construction site or exploring off-road trails. One of its highlights is the cargo space in the truck bed. While it offers ample capacity, this space can be increased by attaching a rack. Also known as a cargo carrier, this accessory increases your vehicle’s shipment capacity. It is made of resilient materials and presents a design that’s characterized by numerous mounting holes and tie-down points. How can you select the most effective rack for your pickup truck? We have reviewed the most outstanding choices and shined a light on the top options today.
Drivers that are in a hurry can select these excellent pickup rack choices. We only review highly competitive products.
- BEST OVERALL – RetraxONE XR T-60851 Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- ADJUSTABLE RACK – YAKIMA Overhaul HD Truck Bed Rack
CAR MODEL & YEAR
2016 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 5′ 1″ Bed (60.5″) pickup truck models
2016 Ram 2500 4-door, 2016 Toyota Tundra, 2018 Ford F150 Crew Cab with the 5.5 truck bed
2005 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma 2nd and 3rd Generation 11.5” bed pickup trucks
2014 to 2022 Chevrolet Colorado, 2004 to 2022 Ford F-150, 2004 to 2022 Ford F-250, 2004 to 2022 Ford F-350, 2004 to 2022 Ford Ranger, 2014 to 2022 GMC Canyon Denali, 2020 to 2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2005 to 2022 Nissan Frontier, 2004 to 2022 Nissan Titan, 2005 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma, 2007 to 2022 Toyota Tundra, 2007 to 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2007 to 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 and 2007 to 2022 GMC Sierra 1500
2013 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab and 2005 Nissan Frontier
2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 Ford F150, 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, 2016 Toyota Tundra and 2015 Ford F250
2005 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma 2nd and 3rd Generation pickup trucks, 2009 to 2020 Nissan Frontier and 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
BEST OVERALL – RetraxONE XR T-60851 Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
RetraxONE XR T-60851 Truck Bed Cover
RetraxONE XR T-60851 Truck Bed Cover On Car
The RetraxONE XR T-60851 truck bed cover is an ideal accessory for your pickup truck. With this protector, you can guard your pickup truck’s cargo section along with the goods contained there. The unit is equipped with a Trax Rail System. By using this feature, drivers can attach T-slot accessories such as hinges, roller conveyors, conduit caps and panel elements to the cover. In doing so, they can increase the cargo capacity of their pickup truck.
This Tacoma bed rack with tonneau cover is made of aluminum and one-piece polycarbonate sheet to ensure strength, lightweight proportions and corrosion resistance. Also, it has a stylish matte finish which protects this cover from scratches, Ultraviolet (UV) rays and extreme weather. The cover is easy to install and is fitted with ball-bearing rollers fitted on aluminum support beams. As a result, the shield can roll back and forth without using springs. Along with this, it does not have any hinges of joints that can trap dust or freeze as demonstrated in this video.
Motorists can be sure that their cargo is protected because this cover exhibits ample security. Owners can lock this -2021 Tacoma bed rack at any point along the track using the key or truck bed latch. Weighing only 70 pounds, drivers can install it on the 2016 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 5′ 1″ Bed (60.5″) pickup truck models. After fitment, this cover creates a low profile on your pickup truck.
- It is a retractable cover.
- The unit is made of a combination of polycarbonate and aluminum.
- This Toyota Tacoma bed rack with tonneau cover is enhanced with a Trax Rail System for the fitment of additional cargo accessories.
- Drivers will find that the cover is coated with a matte shield for ample rust-resistance.
- The unit extends and retracts on ball-bearing rollers without hinges that can trap dust or get frozen.
- It can arrive with some parts missing such as the washers.
- It is not water-resistant because the back flaps are prone to leaking.
ADJUSTABLE RACK – YAKIMA Overhaul HD Truck Bed Rack
YAKIMA Overhaul Heavy-Duty Truck Bed Rack
YAKIMA Overhaul Heavy-Duty Truck Bed Rack On Car
The YAKIMA Overhaul Heavy-Duty truck bed rack is a safe and secure way to use your pickup truck for carrying adventure gear into the great outdoors. With this rack, a driver can comfortably carry a surfboard, kayak, rooftop tent, lumber, bike and more. The Yakima Tacoma bed rack is versatile and can fit on a wide variety of tonneau covers and truck bed tracks. After fitment, the rack stays firmly in place thanks to its BedGrip clamp design.
Drivers will note that this Toyota Tacoma bike rack bed is made of engineered aluminum which is robust and rust-resistant at the same time. It is also covered with a generous powder coat for scratch resistance and protection from the elements. The unit weighs only 60 pounds. However, it has a maximum on-road rating of 500 pounds and an off-road rating of 300 pounds. As such, it is strong enough to carry a wide variety of heavy cargo.
With this -2016 Tacoma bed rack, it is possible to fasten large loads firmly by using the integrated tie-down points. In addition to that, it is equipped with some T-slot attachments which make it easy to add gear mounts and accessories quickly with no difficulty. Interestingly, the rack has a bottle opener too!
For ample protection for your cargo, this Tacoma bed tent rack is equipped with an integrated Same Key System (SKS) lock which secures this rack firmly to your truck bed. In this position, it works perfectly with the Yakima HD Bar cross bar as illustrated in this forum. Drivers can install this cargo accessory on the 2016 Ram 2500 4-door, 2016 Toyota Tundra, 2018 Ford F150 Crew Cab with the 5.5 truck bed.
- It can carry a wide range of cargo.
- The unit is versatile and can fit on a variety of pickup trucks.
- Its engineered aluminum construction ensures strength and lightweight operation.
- Drivers will note that this rack has a high on and off road weight capacity.
- It comes with integrated tie-down points.
- The Same Key System (SKS) guarantees security.
- It does not come with crossbars after purchase.
- Finding spare parts for it is very difficult.
- Customer service is terrible.
RETRAX Brand Logo
The RETRAX company was founded in 1996 and continuously provides customers with high quality, innovative products. They manufacture Heavy-Duty vehicle accessories such as truck bed covers and cargo racks. For 20 years, they have ensured product availability and dependable customer service. One of their most well known items is the RetraxONE XR T-60851 Truck Bed Tonneau Cover. On October 11th 2013, RETRAX was acquired by Truck Hero Incorporated.
YAKIMA Brand Logo
Established in 1973, YAKIMA Industries is a leading manufacturer of original automotive and cycling aftermarket parts. Located in Washington USA, they implement safety, design sensibility, heritage and functionality into all their products. A popular YAKIMA Industries product is the YAKIMA Overhaul HD Truck Bed Rack.
Hooke Road Brand Logo
Commencing operations in 1997, the Hooke Road company focuses on developing and distributing aftermarket accessories for Jeeps and trucks. Hooke Road maintains focus on high-quality products and reliable customer service. They manufacture a variety of goods such as side steps, bumpers, grilles, lighting fixtures and truck bed cargo carriers such as the Hooke Road Truck Cargo Carrier.
ROSY PIXEL Brand Logo
The ROSY PIXEL company is dedicated to the research, creation and manufacture of top-quality vehicle accessories. Each product guarantees years of service and reliability. During production, they especially focus on cargo carrying accessories such as the Universal Extendable Pick-Up Truck Rack.
Thule Group Brand Logo
In 1942, the Thulin family founded Thule Group, a company dedicated to the development and production of car accessories to help people carry extra gear or equipment with them when exploring the outdoors. With their first ski rack introduced in 1962, the company has grown to deliver a wide range of vehicle cargo carriers such as the Thule TracRac TracOne Truck Rack.
IDEAL CROSSBAR RACK – Hooke Road Truck Cargo Carrier
Hooke Road Truck Cargo Rack
Hooke Road Truck Cargo Rack On Car
When looking to haul some cargo on your pickup truck, the Hooke Road Truck Cargo rack is an ideal bet. It is designed to hold a huge variety of adventure accessories. Notably, its side and top crossbars have numerous square cuts which serve as holders for gear such as a spare tire, high lift jack or RotoPax fuel pack. In this way, the -2020 Tacoma bed rack is your best friend while camping or exploring the outdoors.
This 3rd Gen Tacoma bed rack is made of Heavy-Duty 14-gauge alloy steel and weighs 109.8 pounds. As such, the unit is strong enough to carry 880 pounds static and 440 pounds dynamic. In addition to that, it is covered with a matte-black powder coat which keeps moisture out and provides half a decade of protection from corrosion. After purchase, this -2020 Toyota Tacoma bed rack is accompanied by a mounting hardware kit, T-slot nuts, spare tire fixing mount, RotoPax fuel pack fixing mount and installation instructions. Drivers can install this carrier on the 2005 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma 2nd and 3rd Generation 11.5” bed pickup truck. Installation takes only 1.5 hours and does not involve any drilling or cutting.
- This carrier is made of a very strong material.
- It is designed to have square cuts which make it easy to carry gear.
- The -2018 Tacoma bed rack is protected using a matte-black powder coat.
- Buyers receive this carrier with all the components that are required for successful installation.
- Motorists can receive this rack with some or all the nuts missing.
- Their customer care takes quite a while to respond.
UNIVERSAL DESIGN – Universal Extendable Pick-Up Truck Rack
Universal Extendable Pick-Up Truck Rack
Universal Extendable Pick-Up Truck Rack On Car
The Universal Extendable Pick-Up Truck Rack is your cargo carrier for all seasons. It can be extended to fit on pickup trucks of various sizes. Moreover, this rack is fully compatible with mounts of various sizes and designs. As a result, it can haul bikes, kayaks, surfboards, lumber and rooftop tents among other items.
This Tacoma bed bike rack is made of Heavy-Duty engineered aluminum. As such, it weighs only 61.6 pounds and can haul 800 pounds on-road and 500 pounds off-road. The rack is also covered with a generous powder coat to prevent scratching or corrosion. In addition to that, the unit is fastened together using stainless steel hardware to maximize structural rigidity. Along with this, the rack contains some rubber buffer strips to protect your cargo from getting damaged.
The height of this universal -2021 Toyota Tacoma bed rack can be adjusted from 17.3 inches to 27.6 inches and its length can be extended from 41.7 inches to 50.8 inches. In doing so, the carrier makes it possible to carry items that are much longer than the average pickup truck can haul. Upon delivery, this carrier is accompanied by a pair of cross bars, a pair of upright supports, a pair of side rails and all the required installation hardware. Motorists can install it on the 2014 to 2022 Chevrolet Colorado, 2004 to 2022 Ford F-150, 2004 to 2022 Ford F-250, 2004 to 2022 Ford F-350, 2004 to 2022 Ford Ranger, 2014 to 2022 GMC Canyon Denali, 2020 to 2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2005 to 2022 Nissan Frontier, 2004 to 2022 Nissan Titan, 2005 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma, 2007 to 2022 Toyota Tundra, 2007 to 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2007 to 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 and 2007 to 2022 GMC Sierra 1500.
- It is fully extendable to fit on pickup trucks of various sizes.
- This rack is made of Heavy-Duty aluminum for strength and lightweight.
- The -2019 Toyota Tacoma bed rack has a high cargo capacity.
- A generous covering of powder-coat ensures protection from corrosion.
- Some rubber strips protect your cargo from scratches.
- Drivers receive all the components which are required for installing this Tacoma bed rack tent.
- The installation instructions are difficult to read and understand.
- The nuts can arrive while already rounded off.
MID-HEIGHT CHOICE – YAKIMA Outpost HD Rack
YAKIMA Outpost HD Carrier
YAKIMA Outpost HD Carrier On Car
The YAKIMA Outpost HD carrier is an effective method of hauling substantial cargo on your pickup truck. It has a mid-height level which is easy to reach over so as to fasten your shipment. Notably, it is fully compatible with all types of Yakima mounts for carrying lumber, bikes, kayaks, surfboards, rooftop tents and much more.
After buying this Tacoma short bed bike rack, a driver can expect the unit to last for decades because it is made of engineered aluminum. Furthermore, it is covered with a matte-black powder coat to keep rusting at bay. Despite weighing only 38.5 pounds, it can carry up to 500 pounds on-road and 300 pounds off-road.
Thanks to its dimensions and design, this rack can fit on a variety of vehicles including tracked pickup trucks along with those which have tonneau covers. For your fastening convenience, this carrier has some integrated tie-down points. Furthermore, this Tacoma bed rack for roof top tent has T-slot attachments which make it easy to attach accessories and gear mounts quickly and simply. Drivers can install this cargo accessory on the 2013 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab and 2005 Nissan Frontier. Your cargo rack stays secure after installation thanks to the Same Key System (SKS). It locks the carrier firmly upon your truck bed. Interestingly, this security feature works smoothly with the Yakima HD bar crossbar.
- Its mid-height level makes it easy to fasten cargo.
- This bike rack for Tacoma truck bed is compatible with a wide range of Yakima mounts.
- It is covered with matte-black powder coat to prevent corrosion.
- The unit can carry a substantial weight ranging from 300 pounds to 500 pounds.
- Drivers will find tie-down points and T-slot attachments on the rack.
- It does not come with any cross bars.
TALL-HEIGHT CHOICE – Thule TracRac TracOne Truck Rack
Thule TracRac Cargo Carrier
Thule TracRac Cargo Carrier On Car
When looking to haul long cargo items such as surfboards on your pickup truck, the Thule TracRac cargo carrier is a great pick. Thanks to its tall height, the unit can carry loads of different sizes. For this purpose, the rack is also fitted with aluminum load stops which can be adjusted to your truck’s full width.
This carrier is made of aluminum material for strength and lightweight proportions at the same time. It is also equipped with a T-rack load bar for fitting Thule accessories that deliver extra cargo carrying capability. By implementing efficient design, the Thule Tacoma bed rack also has aerodynamic qualities delivered by the integrated wind deflectors. Thanks to its construction material, the rack weighs only 45.98 pounds and can carry 800 pounds of evenly distributed weight. Moreover, it is bound to last for many years thanks to the matte-black powder coat. Drivers can install this accessory on the 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 Ford F150, 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, 2016 Toyota Tundra and 2015 Ford F250. Notably, this accessory can be installed with no drilling involved.
- It has aluminum load stops to keep your gear in place.
- This carrier has a T-rack load bar for installing Thule accessories.
- Its integrated wind deflectors provide aerodynamic qualities.
- The rack has a substantial weight to capacity ratio.
- Motorists will note that this rack has a powder-coat to keep corrosion at bay.
- Its bolts are prone to snapping off.
- Assembling it is difficult.
- The bolts are covered with red threadliner which results in misthreading.
HEAVY-DUTY OPTION – Hooke Road Tacoma Overland Bed Rack
Hooke Road Tacoma Overland Bed Rack
Hooke Road Tacoma Overland Bed Rack On Car
While getting accessories for your pickup truck, it is essential to make sure they last for decades like the Hooke Road Tacoma Overland Bed Rack. Featuring 6 brackets, this rack is made of Heavy-Duty, high tensile steel to guarantee maximum resilience. Moreover, it is covered with a matte-black powder coat applied using a premium 5-coating procedure. As such, it will not rust for decades. In addition to that, it has CNC laser cut legs and crossbars. For maximum utility, it is also equipped with mounting holes that can hold additional Tacoma bed rack accessories such as RotoPax fuel packs, MAX Universal lift jack brackets or a spare tire.
A helpful feature of this 2nd Gen Tacoma bed rack is that it comes with a tonneau cover adapter. Featuring a 1.4 inch bracket opening, this feature raises the bed rack’s overall height by 3.5 inches. Thanks to this awesome facility, the rack is compatible with hard or soft roll up or retractable pickup truck bed covers. In addition to that, it is also compatible with retractable tonneau shields without integrated T-slot rails. Despite weighing only 84.3 pounds, this -2019 Tacoma bed rack can support 440 pounds of dynamic weight and 880 pounds of static weight. Due to this, it is lightweight and has substantial weight capacity. Drivers receive this rack with all the components which are required for installation on the 2005 to 2022 Toyota Tacoma 2nd and 3rd Generation pickup trucks, 2009 to 2020 Nissan Frontier and 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.
- It has a superior Heavy-Duty construction.
- The rack is equipped with 6 brackets and mounting holes.
- This -2004 Tacoma bed rack is covered with a matte-black powder coat.
- For easier cargo fastening, it has crossbars and CNC laser cut legs.
- Motorists will find that it is compatible with retractable tonneau shields.
- The accessory has a substantial weight capacity.
- Buyers can receive this rack with second generation brackets.
- It is difficult to use with a soft cover.
Increased Cargo Capacity
Fitting a cargo rack to your pickup truck increases its shipment capacity. Modern cargo carriers can boost the space that is available for carrying goods on your vehicle. In doing so, they make your pickup truck capable of hauling a lot more weight than was previously capable.
Premium cargo racks are fitted with features which increase the carrier’s security such as firm tie-down points. They keep your shipment secure and prevent cargo from getting grabbed off your pickup truck.
Installing a shipment rack on your pickup truck increases its value. This type of accessory increases the utility of your vehicle. As such, your pickup truck will fetch a price that’s higher than the purchase cost on resale. In doing so, it will net you a handsome profit.
This type of carrier is characterized by a minimalist design. It features a set of bars upon which cargo can be strapped and secured. The bar carrier has a medium weight capacity of 500 pound static and 300 pound dynamic. It is made of steel, has tie-down points and features protective design in form of a matte-black powder coating. The bar variety of carrier is considered a Low or Medium-Duty accessory.
The rack type of carrier is the most ideal for off-road excursions. It is characterized by high tensile engineered steel construction. Moreover, this type features tie-down holes and mounting points. For guaranteed durability, it is covered with a matte-black powder coat that’s applied using a premium E-coating procedure. As a result, the unit can survive for 5 years without developing any rust. The biggest advantage of the rack type of carrier is that it has a high weight capacity ranging from 440 pounds dynamic and 880 pounds static. As such, drivers looking for maximum capability should select the rack type of carrier.
It is essential that your cargo rack lasts for decades after purchase and a powder coat works to this objective. This is a special covering that is applied on the cargo carrier through an E-coating process. Matte-black in color, it keeps water from reaching the steel and in doing so, prevents rusting. A Powder coat is therefore a key feature to seek when purchasing a rack for your pickup truck.
Tie-Down Holes And Mounting Points
It is very important to make sure that the goods which are hauled on your pickup truck are firmly fastened. To this effect, your cargo rack should have some tie-down holes. They make it easy to tie cord over your shipment and secure it firmly. Mounting points are also essential because they make it possible to fix cargo carrying attachments for example a high lift jack, RotoPax fuel pack or spare tire. That said, tie-down holes and mounting points are an important characteristic to seek in your cargo carrying rack when making a purchase.
Purchasing a cargo rack is done to increase the shipment carrying capacity of your vehicle. That said, it is important to make sure that it exhibits Heavy-Duty construction. This means that it should be made of materials such as engineered aluminum or 14-gauge alloy steel. As a result, the carrier ends up weighing approximately 100 pounds and can haul 880 pounds static and 440 pounds dynamic. Therefore, Heavy-Duty construction is an important characteristic to search for.
- Prior to cleaning your pickup truck rack, remove all the cargo that was tied upon it. Ensure that any tools carried upon it are also removed. This prevents them from getting damaged by the water or cleaning solution.
- After exploring some off-road tracks with your pickup truck, any dirt, debris or mud should be brushed off the rack. After that, it can be washed using some soapy water, a soft rag and a soft-bristled brush. Moreover, the accessory can be cleaned along with the rest of your vehicle using a touchless automatic car wash.
- While cleaning your pickup truck rack, remember the tie-down holes and mounting points. They can be cleaned using a rag and narrow-headed brush. This helps to eradicate any debris that could have got stuck in the nooks and crannies.
- Having cleaned your pickup truck rack, make sure to wipe it dry so as to prevent rusting. Moreover, it provides a supple surface for polishing with some car wax. It preserves the matte-black powder coat and keeps the carrier in good condition.
- Drivers should always make sure that cargo is fastened securely on the carrier rack while driving in accordance with traffic regulations.
A: Top quality pickup truck shipment carriers are made of engineered aluminum or 14-gauge steel. These materials are the most ideal for this purpose.
A: Yes. A majority of modern pickup truck cargo carriers require some drilling or cutting to fasten the accessory on your pickup truck. Manufacturers ensure that these activities are only minimal and can be completed in minutes.
A: No. Premium truck bed racks are accompanied by all the components that are necessary for successful installation.
A: Good quality pickup truck cargo carriers have a weight capacity of 880 pounds static and 440 pounds dynamic.
A: For Light or Medium-Duty requirements, some cross bars are ideal. However, a carrier rack is ideal for Heavy-Duty hauling purposes.
The best pickup truck tonneau shield is the RetraxONE XR T-60851 truck bed cover. It protects your pickup truck’s cargo area along with the shipment contained inside. The cover is made of a strong material comprising aluminum and a one-piece polycarbonate sheet. It is also protected from corrosion by a matte-black powder coat. Seeing as it has a Trax Rail System, drivers can attach T-slot accessories including conduit caps, hinges and roller conveyors among others. For extra cargo carrying, the YAKIMA Overhaul Heavy-Duty truck bed rack is your best bet. This extra accessory is manufactured using engineered aluminum that reflects rust resistance and robust proportions. In addition to that, the carrier can haul items such as kayaks, rooftop tents, lumber and bikes. Notably, this carrier rack has an on-road weight capacity of 500 pounds and an off-road weight capacity of 300 pounds. Thanks to the included tie-down holes, it is easy to fasten cargo on this carrier. Drivers should always make sure that they fasten the goods tightly and securely on the rack while driving so as to abide by highway law.