Table Of Contents
- 1 5 Best Spectre vs K&N Products - All Categories Products Comparison
- 1.1 INTAKE KIT OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY
- 1.2 MOST AFFORDABLE AIR INTAKE KIT
- 1.3 HIGHEST RATED AIR INTAKE KIT
- 1.4 BEST UNIVERSAL AIR FILTER
- 1.5 HIGHEST RATEDAIR FILTER
- 2 5 Best Cold Air Intakes Of Spectre vs K&N Comparison
- 2.1 BEST FOR FORD F150
- 2.2 BEST FOR SILVERADO 1500 / SUBURBAN / TAHOE
- 2.3 BEST GMC / CADILLAC / CHEVROLET
- 2.4 BEST FOR DODGE / CHRYSLER (3.6L V6)
- 2.5 BEST FOR V8 CHEVY / CADILLAC / GMC
- 3 Top 4 Spectre vs K&N Air Filters - Quick Reference Table
- 3.1 BEST FOR DODGE RAM TRUCKS(2002-2019)
- 3.2 BEST FOR 2002-2020 DODGE RAM TRUCKS
- 3.3 6 IN BASE OUTSIDE DIAMETER
- 3.4 BEST FOR CADILLAC/CHEVROLET/GMC (1999-2020)
- 3.5 You May Also Like:
- 4 Spectre Air Intake vs K&N: In-Depth Products Comparison
- 4.1 1. K&N 77-2581KP INTAKE KIT SUITABLE WITH 2011-2014 FORD F150 (5.0L V8)
- 4.2 2. SPECTRE KIT FOR FORD F150 (2011-2014) SPE-9976
- 4.3 3. K&N COLD AIR INTAKE KIT (V8, 63-3082). SUITABLE FOR 2014-2020 SILVERADO 1500, SUBURBAN, TAHOE, AND OTHERS
- 4.4 4. SPECTRE INTAKE KIT. SUITS 2014-2019 GMC/CADILLAC/ CHEVROLET (SPE-9006)
- 4.5 5. K&N 69-2544TP AIR INTAKE KIT FOR 3.6L V6 DODGE/CHRYSLER
- 4.6 6. SPECTRE SPE-9028 AIR INTAKE KIT FOR 2011-2019 DODGE/CHRYSLER (3.6L V6)
- 4.7 7. K&N AIR INTAKE KIT 57-3050 FOR V8 CHEVY/CADILLAC/GMC
- 4.8 8. SPECTRE SPE-9900 INTAKE KIT FOR 1999-2007 GMC/CADILLAC/ CHEVROLET
- 4.9 Verdict on K&N vs Spectre Kits Comparison
- 5 Spectre VS K&N Drop In Air Filters Comparison
- 5.1 9. K&N 33-2247 AIR FILTER FOR DODGE RAM TRUCKS(2002-2019)
- 5.2 10. SPECTRE FILTER FOR 2002-2020 DODGE RAM TRUCKS
- 5.3 11. K&N UNIVERSAL 6 IN CLAMP-ON FILTER
- 5.4 12. SPECTRE SPE-8132 UNIVERSAL FILTER
- 5.5 13. K&N 33-2129 FILTER FOR 1999-2019 CHEVY/GMC TRUCKS AND V6/V8 SUVS
- 5.6 14. SPECTRE SPE-HPR8755 FILTER FOR CADILLAC/CHEVROLET/GMC (1999-2020)
- 5.7 Verdict on Spectre Air Filter vs K&N Air Filter Comparisons
- 6 FAQ About K&N vs Spectre Products
- 7 Conclusion
The cold air intake system is among the crucial things required to make the driving experience comfortable. It includes a long tube with an air filter at the end. This assembly draws cold air into a car’s engine. A cold air intake is the simplest way to regulate the temperature under the hood of a vehicle.
Dozens of aftermarket car part brands offer intake systems. However, two companies stand out from others. The Spectre vs K&N rivalry is a subject of dispute for many car enthusiasts. Which one of these companies offers better cold air intakes and air filters? Let us find out the truth right now!
5 Best Spectre vs K&N Products - All Categories Products Comparison
5 Best Cold Air Intakes Of Spectre vs K&N Comparison
Top 4 Spectre vs K&N Air Filters - Quick Reference Table
Spectre Air Intake vs K&N: In-Depth Products Comparison
Comparing K&N vs Spectre is very difficult since both companies are very popular. There is plenty of air filters and cold air intakes from these brands on the market. That is why we have picked specific products for the most common car models. Check our reviews below!
A very decent option for both quality and price perspectives. This K&N intake kit includes everything you need to increase a vehicle’s power. The product is suitable for all Ford F150 models released in 2011-2014. It has been dyno-tested by the manufacturer, so you will not need to tune it manually. The kit increases the torque and horsepower of a car, which makes it a worthwhile upgrade.
This intake kit for Ford F150 is very similar to the K&N products. However, it is significantly cheaper. Despite the low price, the Spectre SPE-9976 offers a slight improvement over the OE intake tube and air filter. It increases torque but you should not expect too much of a difference. It changes the sound a lot and makes the car feel much more powerful. Nevertheless, the Spectre vs K&N cold air intake Ford F 150 comparison showed that this product is less effective than its counterpart.
Verdict on K&N vs Spectre Kits Comparison
As you can see, K&N is a solid winner from a quality standpoint. All its products provided a perfect fit for our vehicles and looked great. On the other hand, you will have to overpay for quality. For instance, according to the F150 Spectre vs K&N comparison, the former is almost twice as expensive! It comes with a 10-year warranty, which is a huge advantage over the products of the counterpart.
Nevertheless, air intake kits from Spectre are much cheaper. They offer a comparable gain in acceleration and perform their job well enough. You will only get a 90-day warranty, but the huge difference in price segments eliminates this disadvantage. Even though Spectre products did not fit perfectly for some of our vehicles, we were fully satisfied with their price/quality ratio.
In the end, it is up for you to decide which option is better for you. When choosing Spectre cold air intake vs K&N product, consider the cons and pros of each kit. No matter what brand you choose, we believe that you will not be disappointed with the purchase. Both companies offer solid cold air intake kits for myriads of various vehicles. You should easily find a suitable option for your car!
Spectre VS K&N Drop In Air Filters Comparison
There is no need to upgrade the entire system if you are short on money. It does not matter whether you have Spectre cold air intake vs K&N drop in filter. You can simply clean your old unit and continue to use it. However, sometimes you just have to buy a replacement. In this case, consider buying a new air filter. You will be able to improve the engine’s performance at the lowest cost! Below, we have compared Spectre air filter vs K&N counterparts for some of the most popular vehicles on Amazon.
SPE-HPR8755 is a washable air filter that can be used with multiple vehicles from GMC, Cadillac and Chevrolet. As usual, Spectre performance air filter vs K&N one has a better price. The item is made out of durable material that blocks up to 99% of harmful particles. We did not have any problem with it during the test.
Verdict on Spectre Air Filter vs K&N Air Filter Comparisons
When it comes to filters, K&N is not a straightforward winner. It does not offer anything special to justify such a huge price difference. Two of the three Spectre products from our reviews were twice as cheaper! At the same time, they are almost the same in terms of quality. We have conducted Spectre vs K&N dyno tests and found out that both options increase horsepower. Even though the more expensive option provides a better improvement, you should still buy Specter. You will save money without sacrificing much.
Keep in mind, though, that some of the universal filters for Specter do not provide a perfect fit. When picking an air filter for an old vehicle, make sure it is compatible. Check user reviews for a specific car model before making the purchase. For instance, read what other people say about Spectre vs K&N Tacoma products. Once you know all the nuances of the exact model, you will be able to find and order the right option.
FAQ About K&N vs Spectre Products
What are the Signs That It Is Time to Replace a Car Air Filter?
You will see a decline in your car’s operation after the cold air filter gets full of crud. Here are the most common signs that you need to replace it:
- Noticeable decrease in performance and power;
- The A/C and the heating system stopped working properly;
- Significant increase in fuel consumption.
In this situation, use our Spectre air filter vs K&N comparison to find a suitable replacement.
How Often Air Filters Should Be Changed?
Clogged air filters make your vehicle less powerful and increase motor wear. The car will start to consume more fuel and accelerate at a slower pace. You can fix these problems by changing an air filter. Additionally, you can check the manual of your vehicle to identify the scheduled maintenance interval.
When Should You Replace an Air Intake System?
There is no need to install a new intake system unless your car’s power does not suit you. However, you can replace the original parts with a performance intake system. It has a wider pipe with fewer bends, which allows enhancing the airflow. Compare Spectre cold air intake vs K&N and other reputable brands. A bad replacement might worsen your car’s performance!
What is the Best Type of Intake Tubes?
There are three major types of intake tubes:
Metal Tubes. Most of them are made of steel or aluminum. They could be polished, painted or powder-coated.
Plastic Tubes. Made of polyethylene or plastic. Most of the manufacturers paint them black.
Other Tubes. This type includes options made of silicone, carbon fiber or rubber.
Since the shape of metal tubes is limited, the options made of flexible materials are considered more efficient.
What are the Best Alternatives to K&N and Spectre?
You are not limited to choose between Spectre vs K&N drop in filters. Feel free to look for decent solutions from other aftermarket brands such as:
All the above-listed companies offer amazing replacement parts at great cost. If you cannot find a suitable replacement from Spectre or K&N, just buy an alternative from one of them!
We tried our best to make this article helpful. Our team has compared every single Spectre air filter vs K&N on this page to identify the best brand. Nevertheless, it turned out to be impossible. Both companies offer decent products! In our opinion, K&N has better intake systems while Spectre does a great job of providing cheap yet effective air filters. Do not forget about that when buying a PC!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them in the comment section right now. In addition, we would like to know what you think about Spectre and K&N. Have you ever used products from these companies? Were you satisfied with them? What brand is the best in your opinion? Share your thoughts and ideas below. Let us find out together which company has won the K&N vs Spectre battle!