Jeep Wrangler is a legendary vehicle, which can take you almost anywhere. It is a very powerful and versatile SUV. The all-terrain travel capability of this car makes it a great option for regions with cold winters. At the same time, you can drive your Jeep Wrangler and enjoy the fresh air in the summer by taking the roof off. Speaking of that…
A plethora of roof options are among the best features of this SUV series. Jeep Wrangler soft top hardware allows customizing the vehicle to meet any particular needs. However, nothing lasts forever, so you might need to replace it eventually. Let us help you make the right purchase! On this page, you will find our reviews on the best hardware and accessories for soft tops.
Best Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware
Top 10 Products of 2020
Quick Reference Table with the Best Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware Replacement Parts
Quick Reference Table with Other Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware
Picking the Greatest Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware Kit: Top 3 Products
Iridium spark plugs presented in this paragraph offer the highest quality you can get. They are harder than platinum and last for a longer period. As you might have guessed, these plugs are also the most expensive. We have picked the best iridium products from the most trustworthy manufacturers.
We were fully satisfied with this option! The top-notch build quality and beautiful powder coat make it a great purchase.
- Suits the SUV perfectly
- Includes a full set of hardware required to install a soft top
- Metal elements are covered with a powder coating, which looks great
- Impeccable build quality ensures a long service life
- This hardware will serve you for years due to the rust and corrosion protection
- Can be used with most aftermarket parts
- We received Rampage hardware for soft top Jeep Wrangler without an installation guide
We liked the design of this product. The build quality is above average. However, you must waterproof the top to prevent leaking.
- Very easy to install
- Comes with a nice carry bag
- The top has big tinted windows
- Covered with a 2-year warranty
- Has zippered ceiling pockets
- Fits the vehicle perfectly
- The top cannot handle heavy rains unless treated with waterproof coating
- The price tag is a bit too high
This is a premium solution from Bestop without serious disadvantages. If you are ready to pay for quality, you should purchase this hardware kit.
- Includes a great soft top with all the hardware
- Has large side and rear windows
- The package includes quick-release knuckles for quick removal
- The top-notch door surrounds fit Jeep Wrangler 4 door soft top hardware
- Compatible with other products from Bestop
- The set is extremely expensive
Verdict on Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware Kits
The sets from this list allow using Jeep Wrangler any soft top on hardware. Both Rampage and Bestop did a great job with these products! They are as good as the OE parts from Jeep and include every piece of hardware required for a soft top installation. If you are looking for the best solution at a fair price, the first two of these kits will suit your needs. As for the expensive set from Bestop, it is the greatest option for the 2007-2018 models.
Best Soft Tops for Jeep Wrangler
There is no need to buy a Jeep Wrangler soft top hardware kit if you take good care of your car. Factory frames and bows hold up very well for decades! However, soft tops deteriorate quite fast. On average, they should be replaced every five years or so. Are you looking for a replacement? We have picked decent soft tops with the best price/quality ratios below.
Hands down the best soft top for TJ models. You will not find a better product for 1997-2006 models.
- Fits the vehicle like a charm
- Made of extra durable DOT-approved fabric
- Easy installation and removal
- Covered with a one-year warranty
- Offers the best price/quality ratio
- Has rear and side windows
- It leaks during especially hard rains
Yet another Rampage soft top made of sturdy materials. It is especially good for cold regions since it provides good insulation inside the vehicle. The product is very easy to install due to the instructions manual. Unfortunately, it cannot be used with the factory products just yet.
A well-insulated soft top that works great in colder regions. It will make your vehicle’s interior quieter and warmer.
- Large tinted windows provide good UV protection
- Has a hidden storage pouch
- Quick and easy windows removal
- Sturdy fabric offers good insulation and provides a quieter interior
- Very easy to install and remove
- Available at an affordable price
- Needs to be installed on aftermarket hardware if you used to use a hard top before
The top looks awesome, but its windows leave much to be desired. They get very cloudy after a year of usage.
- Made of marine grade waterproofed fabric
- Utilizes heavy-duty zippers
- Available in three vibrant colours
- Covered with a three-year warranty
- Suits the factory hardware perfectly
- Affordable price tag
- Bad windows material
Verdict on Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware
When it comes to soft tops, you have a very wide choice of products. Dozens of car part manufacturers offer decent options. However, three companies stand out from the crowd: Bestop, Rampage and Sierra Offroad. These well-trusted brands have been around for many years and offer some of the best prices. We have tested their most popular Jeep Wrangler products and they turned out to be great. If you want to get a decent soft top without wasting too much money, consider these companies.
Best Tailgate Bars To Use With A Soft Top
Tailgate bar is a vital element of hardware for any SUV. It is a must-have if you want to install the rear vinyl window properly. Our experts have picked a couple of decent options that provide a perfect fit for most of the models. Check them out below!
This tailgate bar fits every TJ model and can be used with most soft tops. A good option without major drawbacks.
- Comes with an illustrated instruction manual
- The unit looks nice and durable
- Compatible with most aftermarket and OE tops
- Made of high-quality steel with tight rubber sealing gasket
- The package contains installation hardware
- Affordable price
- Not suitable for dual tops
This kit is the best choice for an average Jeep Wrangler user. Great product for a fair price!
- Fits both YJ and TJ models
- Very easy to install without drilling
- The bar has a black powder coating
- It is inexpensive yet does not look cheap
- Comes with all the hardware
- Comes with an incomplete instruction manual
Verdict on Tailgate Bars for Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware
The options we have tried look great and fit our test vehicles without any issues. Black finished steel construction make them extremely durable. You will not need to replace these tailgate bars for a long time! Both Rampage and Bestop provide scratch and rust protection. Either of those items would be a good purchase for Jeep Wrangler owners.
The Best Soft Top Accessories For Jeep Wrangler
Aftermarket suppliers offer tons of useful accessories for Jeep Wrangler. You can customize your vehicle for any specific use case. Turn your SUV into the car of your dreams! We have decided to test some of the most exciting products available on the market.
This is a wonderful purchase for avid off-road enthusiasts. Block the sun’s rays from your head without turning your Jeep Wrangler into a moving sauna!
- The shade blocks around 90% of UV rays
- Can be used with any bows and frames
- It reduces wind noise inside the car
- Over 10 vibrant colours to choose from
- Covered with a 10-year warranty
- Engineered and manufactured in the United States
- It is hard to attach properly
This is one of the cheapest racks that fit any Jeep Wrangler soft top hardware kit. Despite that, the build quality is very good. We liked it!
- Made of extra-durable metal
- Can be used with most of factory and aftermarket parts
- Holds up to 700lbs without any problems
- Easy to remove
- Coated with black powder for scratches and rust protection
- It is inexpensive
- The installation guide is hard to follow
- Causes extra noise
FAQ about Soft Top Hardware For Jeep Wrangler
Are There Replacement Parts for My Wrangler?
Yes, you can buy a replacement part instead of getting a Jeep Wrangler soft top hardware kit. For instance, you might only need to change door surrounds. In this case, there is no reason to waste money on a new kit. There are hundreds of replacement parts from different brands on Amazon. Therefore, finding a suitable replacement is doable.
How to Install a New Soft Top?
Usually, you will get a detailed instruction manual together with your top. The entire process should take about an hour if you have never done it before. Look up video guides on YouTube if the manufacturer’s instructions seem unclear to you.
How Can I Learn which Hardware Fits My Car?
You should not experience any problems since every hardware replacement comes with a list of supported vehicles. Therefore, it is easy to check whether Jeep Wrangler soft top and hardware will fit your car. Read the description before making an order. If the product fits your model, feel free to buy it without hesitation. In case if it does not suit you, you will be able to return it and get a refund anyway.
It should be easy to find suitable products regardless of the release year of an SUV. There is plenty of options available for purchase! In addition, you can check user feedback before ordering items. We did our best to review as many Jeep Wrangler unlimited soft top hardware as we could, but we could not test them all. Fortunately, regular customers share their experience too!
What are the Best Soft Top Manufacturers?
There is plenty of aftermarket companies that offer decent soft tops and hardware. Here are the best of them:
Soft Top vs Hard Top: Which is Better?
It depends on your needs. In some situations, a soft top is the best choice and vice versa. Here are some pros and cons of each option:
More versatile overall
It is up for you to decide which roof option suits you the most!
How Often Should I Replace the Frame and Bows?
Jeep Wrangler factory soft top hardware is made of highly durable metal. Treat the parts well and they will serve you for decades! Wash the elements from dirt and apply anti-corrosion coatings. This way you will not ever need to replace the hardware.
Things are very different when it comes to soft tops themselves. As you might have guessed, fabrics are not as durable as metal parts. Usually, you will need to change soft tops every five years or so. The exact period depends on a bunch of factors, such as:
- How often you drive your Jeep Wrangler;
- How do you store the vehicle;
- How frequently you remove the soft top.
Extend the lifespan of a soft top by cleaning it from dirt and applying a protectant product.
Can I Use a Soft Top in the Winter?
Of course! You can use a soft top in colder seasons without any problems.
Remove ice and snow with a regular scraper. That is the only thing you need to do to keep your top in good condition!
Is Jeep Wrangler Factory Soft Top Hardware Replacement Hard to Conduct?
The entire process does not require special skills. Nevertheless, it might take you a while to install a Jeep Wrangler JK soft top hardware kit. You do not have to be a car mechanic in order to handle it, though. Most of the products come with detailed installation guides, so you should not experience any difficulties. Follow the step-by-step instructions and you will get the job done without a fuss. On average, it takes around two hours to install Jeep Wrangler 4 door JK hardware for soft top.
Why Cannot I Close My Door Properly with New Door Surrounds?
It is a common problem among third-party replacement products. Sometimes Jeep Wrangler 4 door soft top hardware for hardtop does not close properly. In this case, you need to bent the door frame inward. The steel frame will handle it easily. Just open the door, grab its upper part with both hands and pull down. Do it at your own risk! If you are afraid to break the door, return the item and buy another product.
Picking the right Jeep Wrangler soft top hardware kit is the key to customizing the SUV for the specific needs. Your choice will affect many characteristics of the vehicle. It is especially important if you want to use aftermarket car parts. Buy decent hardware if you do not want to deal with annoying problems!
What do you think about the best Jeep Wrangler soft top products from our list? Have you tried any of them? Are there any better options in your opinion? We would be happy to receive your feedback! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Best Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware
- 2 Quick Reference Table with the Best Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware Replacement Parts
- 3 Quick Reference Table with Other Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware
- 3.1 HARDWARE KIT
- 3.2 HARDWARE KIT
- 3.3 SOFT TOP
- 3.4 SOFT TOP
- 3.5 TAILGATE BAR
- 3.6 ACCESSORY
- 4 Picking the Greatest Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Hardware Kit: Top 3 Products
- 5 Best Soft Tops for Jeep Wrangler
- 6 Best Tailgate Bars To Use With A Soft Top
- 7 The Best Soft Top Accessories For Jeep Wrangler
- 8 FAQ about Soft Top Hardware For Jeep Wrangler
- 8.1 Are There Replacement Parts for My Wrangler?
- 8.2 How to Install a New Soft Top?
- 8.3 How Can I Learn which Hardware Fits My Car?
- 8.4 What are the Best Soft Top Manufacturers?
- 8.5 Soft Top vs Hard Top: Which is Better?
- 8.6 How Often Should I Replace the Frame and Bows?
- 8.7 Can I Use a Soft Top in the Winter?
- 8.8 Is Jeep Wrangler Factory Soft Top Hardware Replacement Hard to Conduct?
- 8.9 Why Cannot I Close My Door Properly with New Door Surrounds?
- 9 Conclusion