Table Of Contents
- 1 In A Hurry?
- 2 Pickup Truck Storage Systems Table
- 3 Best 2 Pickup Truck Storage Boxes
- 4 Top Brands
- 5 Reviews And Recommendations
- 5.1 FIT FOR FORD PICKUP TRUCKS – Ford Truck Bed Storage System – DECKED Ford Truck Bed Storage System
- 5.2 FIT FOR JEEP GLADIATOR – Jeep Gladiator Truck Bed Storage System – DECKED Truck Bed Storage System
- 5.3 FIT FOR DODGE RAM PICKUP TRUCKS – Decked Dodge Ram Truck Bed Storage System – DECKED RAM Pickup Truck Storage System
- 5.4 BEST TOOLBOX – Truck Bed Side Storage System – Buyers Products 1702310 Black Steel Underbody Truck Box
- 5.5 FITS OVER WHEEL WELL – Truck Bed Wheel Well Storage System – UnderCover SC203D SwingCase Truck Bed Storage Box
- 6 Benefits
- 7 Types
- 8 Key Features
- 8.1 Accessories
- 8.2 Key Lock
- 8.3 OEM Fitting
- 8.4 Tips
- 8.5 FAQs
- 8.6 Q: How Can Steel Storage Drawers Be Cleaned Effectively?
- 8.7 Q: Which Tools Are Required To Install A Pickup Truck Storage System?
- 8.8 Q: What’s The Benefit Of OEM Pickup Truck Storage Systems?
- 8.9 Q: The Best Pickup Truck Storage Systems Are Manufactured Using Which Materials?
- 8.10 Q: How Can The Steel Pickup Truck Storage Systems Be Kept Secure?
- 9 Conclusion
It is always helpful to carry extra equipment when driving your pickup truck at the farm, construction site or off-road trails. As such, a truck bed storage system proves very helpful for this purpose. There is a wide range of pickup truck storage solutions in the market today. How can a driver select an ideal one for their vehicle? We have reviewed the most outstanding options and highlighted the best ones below for you.
Motorists who are in a hurry can visit these links to identify the top storage boxes in the market. We only bring out exceptional choices.
- BEST OVERALL – Best truck bed storage system – Weather Guard 308-5 Storage Drawer
- FIT FOR GMC TRUCKS – Silverado truck bed storage system – DECKED GMC & Chevrolet Truck Bed Storage System
CAR MODEL & YEAR
2007 to 2018 and 2019 Old Body Style GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado pickup trucks
2017 to 2022 Ford Super Duty pickup truck
2020 Jeep Gladiator with a 5 foot truck bed length
2009 to 2018 Dodge RAM 1500 and 2019 to 2022 classic pickup truck models which have a 5 foot 7 inch bed
2015 to 2020 Ford F-150 pickup truck
BEST OVERALL – Best Truck Bed Storage System – Weather Guard 308-5 Storage Drawer
Weather Guard Storage Drawer
Weather Guard Storage Drawer On Car
To boost the cargo carrying capacity of your pickup truck, look no further than the Weather Guard Storage Drawer. This accessory has one drawer, four shelves and 24 dividers thus providing ample storage space. It is made of alloy steel and has a black powder finish which prevents corrosion and provides resistance against abrasion. Despite weighing only 254 pounds, this storage box has a weight capacity of 425 pounds. Its rectangular shape enables easy placement in your pickup truck’s bed. Moreover, it uses a secure locking system characterized by a vivid, red button. This best truck bed storage system unit is equipped with 7 keys and comes with a mounting kit for easy installation. It measures 49 x 41 x 13 inches and can be installed on any pickup truck that will accommodate the unit.
- This storage accessory has 1 drawer, 4 shelves and 24 dividers for ample storage space.
- Its alloy steel construction ensures resilience.
- This storage box is covered with a black powder coat for resistance against corrosion.
- It has a substantial weight capacity of 425 pounds.
- Its dimensions facilitate universal placement in a variety of pickup truck models.
- Drivers receive this storage box with a mounting kit which makes easy installation possible.
- Its drawer does not roll out smoothly.
- Motorists can receive this storage box with no dividers.
FIT FOR GMC TRUCKS – Silverado Truck Bed Storage System – DECKED GMC & Chevrolet Truck Bed Storage System
Decked GMC & Chevrolet Truck Bed Storage System
Decked GMC & Chevrolet Truck Bed Storage System On Car
Drivers with a lot of tools to haul will find that the Decked GMC & Chevrolet truck bed storage system is very useful. This unit delivers segmented storage which is characterized by bed-length drawers that are fit for holding tools, gear and other implements. These storage facilities can be secured with an optionally provided keyed lock. In addition to cargo storage, this system also provides a Heavy-Duty surface upon which owners can comfortably carry sizable cargo. As such, it is a storage feature and a shipment support surface at the same time.
Motorists can be sure that this Silverado truck bed storage system will last for decades on their vehicle because the unit is weatherproof and can withstand rain, sleet, snow and blistering heat. Notably, the drawers in this system are not air-tight. As such, they allow the circulation of air through your cargo to ensure that your tools stay in good working order at all times.
This system is manufactured using recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) that is molded directly upon a steel metal subframe according to a rugged design. As such, the final product is resistant to extreme weather as well as intense Ultraviolet Rays (UV). As a result, the accessory weighs only 120 pounds and can support up to 2,000 pounds.
Motorists will find that this pickup truck storage solution is easy to install. It is designed for pickup trucks whose bed length is 6’6” long. Buyers can fit it upon their vehicle using common handheld tools in a period of 2 to 3 hours.
Upon purchase, this accessory is complemented by a Desert Tan CrossBox, a Drawerganizer, Desert Tan D-Box and a pair of Wide Dividers. Drivers can further increase their usage convenience by purchasing additional accessories such as T-Tracks, keys, D-Bag, Core Trax, additional boxes and additional dividers. These accessories can be installed or completely integrated into this storage system as described in this forum. Owners can install this storage system on the 2007 to 2018, 2019 Old Body Style GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado pickup trucks.
- It has segmented storage made up of bed-length lockable drawers.
- This storage system is resistant to adverse weather and Ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- This decked storage solution is manufactured using robust recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) set upon a steel metal subframe.
- The system’s installation process is easy.
- It is provided along with numerous accessories such as a Drawerganizer, a set of Wide Dividers, a Desert Tan CrossBox and a Desert Tan D-Box.
- Its dividers are weak and often fall right out of their assigned grooves.
- The drawers do not roll all the way out.
WEATHER GUARD Brand Logo
The WEATHER GUARD company is a specialist in manufacturing accessories for vans and pickup trucks. Founded in 1968, they produce goods such as drawer units, cabinets, racks, shelving and storage boxes for pickup trucks. The company focuses on delivering safety, security and resilience in their products such as the Weather Guard 308-5 Storage Drawer.
DECKED Brand Logo
The DECKED company was established on December 11th 2013 in Ketchum, Idaho, USA. They manufacture a wide collection of truck storage products and accessories such as their iconic DECKED storage system. They ensure that their products reflect outstanding ergonomics and proper organization. As a result, they deliver top of the range storage solutions such as the DECKED GMC & Chevrolet Truck Bed Storage System.
UnderCover Brand Logo
The UnderCover company was founded in 1999 and they manufacture accessories for pickup trucks and Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs). One of their most innovative products is the UnderCover SC203D SwingCase Truck Bed Storage Box which enables drivers to gain access to their tools by simply tugging on a release lever. The UnderCover company was acquired by Truck Hero Incorporated in June, 2010.
Buyers Products Brand Logo
Established in 1946, the Buyers Products company is one of the leading manufacturers of pickup truck equipment. They maintain a focus on delivering high quality products which meet and exceed industry standards. At Buyers Products, they produce a variety of accessories including hydraulic equipment, tow truck accessories and underbody truck boxes such as the Buyers Products 1702310 Black Steel Underbody Truck Box.
FIT FOR FORD PICKUP TRUCKS – Ford Truck Bed Storage System – DECKED Ford Truck Bed Storage System
DECKED Ford Bed Storage System
DECKED Ford Bed Storage System On Car
Drivers of 2017 to 2022 Ford Super Duty pickup trucks can increase the cargo carrying capacity of their vehicles by using the DECKED Ford Bed Storage System. It stores more goods by delivering segmented storage crafted in the form of bed-length drawers that can be drawn out to hold items such as work gear and tools. In addition to holding your shipment in these segmented storage locations, the system also provides a flat deck upon which heavy loads can be carried. The drawers in this system are weatherproof and can protect your items from rain, snow, sleet, debris and dirt at all times. In addition to that, they can be locked tight and secure for assured security.
This Ford truck bed storage system is manufactured using recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) that is molded to a steel, metallic subframe. Despite tipping the scales at only 150 pounds, this storage deck can support 2,000 pounds of distributed weight. Moreover, this rugged storage solution can withstand extreme weather as well as Ultraviolet (UV) rays.
Buyers will note that this storage fitting is developed for a pickup truck whose bed length is 6’9” long. As such, it will fit seamlessly on a 2017 to 2022 Ford Super Duty pickup truck. The installation process should take only 2 to 3 hours using a set of regular hand tools. Even better, the unit arrives accompanied by accessories such as a Desert Tan CrossBox, a pair of Wide Dividers, a Desert Tan D-Box and a Drawerganizer. After fitting, motorists should note that this storage solution is fully compatible with the majority of bed rugs and spray-in liners. However, it does not work smoothly with drop-in plastic bed liners.
- This system provides owners with segmented storage spaces organized into drawers.
- The drawers in this accessory span the entire length of your pickup truck bed.
- Drivers will find that this deck is made of robust materials including recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) combined with a steel subframe.
- It is resistant to adverse weather and Ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Its deck can support 2,000 pounds of evenly placed weight.
- This system can arrive with some missing bolts and nuts making installation very difficult.
FIT FOR JEEP GLADIATOR – Jeep Gladiator Truck Bed Storage System – DECKED Truck Bed Storage System
DECKED Truck Bed System
DECKED Truck Bed System On Car
Looking to increase your Jeep Gladiator’s carrying capacity? Look no further than the DECKED Truck Bed System. It is designed to have segmented storage compartments which can contain your tools and workplace gear. The system contains 5-foot, rectangular bed-length drawers. They are made of recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) that is molded directly on a steel metal subframe. As such, the drawers are weatherproof and can absorb impacts thus protecting your goods. Furthermore, the drawers can be locked securely using an optionally provided key accessory.
In addition to providing a series of drawers which can contain your tools and other types of gear, this Jeep Gladiator truck bed storage system also provides a flatbed upon which a driver can place additional items. This bed weighs only 220 pounds and can support up to 2,000 pounds of well-distributed cargo. In doing so, it increases the hauling capacity of your Jeep Gladiator.
After purchase, this storage unit arrives with a collection of accessories which increase its cargo storage capabilities. These accessories include a Desert Tan CrossBox, a Drawerganizer, a Desert Tan D-Box and a pair of Wide Dividers. Drivers can expand their accessory collection by purchasing additional keyed locks, Core Trax, extra dividers, T-Tracks, and boxes. Installing this storage feature is fairly straightforward because it can be set up in two to three hours. This weatherproof storage facility can be installed on the 2020 Jeep Gladiator with a 5 foot truck bed length.
- It has extendable drawers which create segmented storage compartments.
- The accessory is made of High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) which exhibits a high degree of weatherproof capability.
- This unit’s flatbed can hold cargo of up to 2,000 pounds.
- Drivers will find a collection of accessories alongside this truck bed storage system.
- This facility can be installed easily on your Jeep Gladiator.
- The bins which are provided actually reduce the cargo carrying volume of this storage system.
FIT FOR DODGE RAM PICKUP TRUCKS – Decked Dodge Ram Truck Bed Storage System – DECKED RAM Pickup Truck Storage System
DECKED RAM Pickup Storage System
DECKED RAM Pickup Storage System On Car
When a driver desires to store as much cargo as possible in their pickup truck, the DECKED RAM Pickup Storage System comes in very handy. It provides segmented compartments fabricated into drawers in which drivers can safely store tools or gear. These drawers extend across the entire length of the pickup truck bed thus providing ample room for storage. In addition to that, this storage system also provides an additional flat surface. The facility weighs 220 pounds and can comfortably support 2,000 pounds of well distributed weight. As such, it significantly increases your vehicle’s cargo carrying capacity.
This system is manufactured using reused High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) set upon a steel metal subframe. This creates a robust construction which is resistant to adverse weather as well as Ultraviolet (UV) rays. During installation, the unit can be fitted upon your vehicle in two to three hours using regular hand tools as explained in this video. It will fit perfectly on the 2009 to 2018 Dodge RAM 1500 and 2019 to 2022 classic pickup truck models which have a 5 foot 7 inch bed. Most importantly, this system is accompanied by some accessories which make cargo storage more efficient including a single Desert Tan CrossBox, a pair of Wide Dividers, a Desert Tan D-Box, & a Drawerganizer.
- It has bed-length drawers.
- This accessory is manufactured using High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) fitted on a steel metal subframe.
- After fitment, this feature is resistant to rain, snow and Ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Installation can be accomplished using simple hand tools.
- Buyers receive some accessories to enhance the cargo capacity of this truck storage system.
- This pickup truck storage facility is prone to late delivery.
BEST TOOLBOX – Truck Bed Side Storage System – Buyers Products 1702310 Black Steel Underbody Truck Box
Buyers Products Black Steel Underbody Truck Box
Buyers Products Black Steel Underbody Truck Box On Car
Featuring a T-Latch, this Buyers Products Black Steel Underbody Truck Box is the ideal container for your tools, working gear and operational implements. It is made using 14 gauge alloy steel for guaranteed strength. This container is also covered with a powder-coat layer to facilitate maximum weather resistance. For enhanced security, it has a locking stainless steel compression latch. Notably, this security feature is also fully weather resistant.
Drivers can be sure that this truck bed side storage system will last for decades because it is completely corrosion-resistant. It is equipped with aircraft-grade cables accompanied by a replaceable gasket sealing system. For a firm fit, this box should be installed upon a flat surface using purpose-built mounting brackets which can be purchased separately. Weighing 104 pounds, it can be installed on any pickup truck model.
- It is made of strong 14 gauge alloy steel.
- The box is fully weather resistant thanks to its black powder-coating.
- A compression latch made of stainless steel ensures security on this box.
- Its gasket sealing system is replaceable.
- The box can be operated using aircraft-grade cables.
- This underbody box can arrive having suffered damage.
- Its latches need adjustment before proper operation.
- The box leaks when it gets rained on.
FITS OVER WHEEL WELL – Truck Bed Wheel Well Storage System – UnderCover SC203D SwingCase Truck Bed Storage Box
UnderCover SwingCase Storage Box
UnderCover SwingCase Storage Box On Car
Featuring a unique design, the UnderCover SwingCase Storage Box is an ideal way to increase the storage capacity of your pickup truck. It is designed to fit in the space over the wheel well in your pickup truck’s bed and swing out when required. As a matter of fact, it swings over an angle of almost 180° towards the tailgate for effortless access. Once the driver has finished extracting or storing some gear, it can be swung right back into position over the wheel well. Its position and operation ensure maximum bed access throughout the whole process.
This swingcase box is made of strengthened plastic and weighs only 16 pounds. Throughout usage, it sustains 3-inch clearance over the pickup truck’s bed. Moreover, it is compatible with all types of tonneau covers including folding, soft, rolling and hard varieties. For your peace of mind, this box has a key-lockable lid which secures 75 pounds of cargo. Within, drivers will find an organization tray as well as a moisture seal to ensure that the container’s contents stay cool and dry. Drivers can install this storage solution on the 2015 to 2020 Ford F-150 Drivers Side.
- It has a unique design which fits over the wheel well.
- This storage solution swings out 180° towards the driver during use.
- Durability is guaranteed because the accessory is made of strengthened plastic.
- There are additional features such as an organization tray and a moisture seal to protect your cargo.
- The container is compatible with a wide range of tonneau covers.
- Access to your pickup truck’s bed is guaranteed at all times when using this container.
- Motorists can store up to 75 pounds of cargo in this container.
- It is difficult to install.
- This container can pop off its clip in case the pickup truck is driven over rough ground.
- It is very difficult to get replacement parts for this accessory.
Pickup truck storage systems are manufactured using robust materials such as High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and alloy steel. As such, they protect your tools or gear from external impact and adverse weather. As a result, your cargo stays in great working order at all times.
For easy access to your tools, modern pickup truck systems have drawers which contain molded compartments. These partitions help to organize your tools according to size or function. In doing so, they reduce the time required to find and implement a specific tool on the job.
In addition to drawers, the latest models of pickup truck storage systems have strong decks. These flat surfaces have the capability to support up to 2,000 pounds of weight. As a result, drivers can stack additional cargo on their pickup truck beds to increase the vehicle’s carrying capacity.
This is a popular type of pickup truck storage solution which contains compartments in which drivers can store their tools. The drawer system is made up of bed-length drawers which can be rolled out. These drawers also contain dividers which assist with comfortable arrangement of the tools, gear or cargo. The drawered type of pickup truck storage ensures high capacity and efficiency at the same time.
Featuring a simple boxy design, this type of pickup truck storage is characterized by a strong box. This unit can be installed on top or underneath the truck bed. As such, it is compact and mobile. The box design has limited capacity but exhibits a very strong external frame. As such, it delivers high security for your tools or working gear.
A pickup truck storage box should be accompanied by some accessories which enhance the usage experience of the unit. Some examples of these accessories include D-Boxes, CrossBoxes, Wide Dividers and Drawerganizers. They facilitate easier use of the pickup truck storage boxes and increase the carrying capacity.
It is essential to keep your goods secure at all times. As such, drivers should choose pickup truck storage boxes which are equipped with a key lock. This feature often takes the form of a locking stainless steel compression latch which provides security and durability at the same time.
When installing a pickup truck storage solution, it is essential to make sure that it fits perfectly on your target vehicle model. To this effect, ensure that your product exhibits OEM fitting. This enables it to be installed upon the stock frame of your pickup truck with no drilling or modifications necessary.
- When stocking your pickup truck storage system, match the tools to their most appropriate drawer so as to ensure that each unit will fit well and stay in good working condition without suffering any damage during travel.
- A truck bed tool storage box can be mounted on the side rails of your pickup truck. This option enables a driver to have ample space left in the rest of their pickup truck bed.
- Before placing the tools in your pickup truck storage box, arrange and match them according to their purpose and size. After that, they can be organized in the compartments within your pickup truck storage drawers.
- Make sure that your pickup truck storage drawers are secured tightly. This can be achieved using a stainless steel compression latch or a padlock.
- Always ensure that your pickup truck bed storage system is well secured while driving so as to abide by motor vehicle law.
A: A driver can clean their steel storage system by pouring a combination of water and vinegar on it and giving the unit a generous scrub to remove all the debris and scratches.
A: Drivers will need to have wrenches of different sizes, robust screwdrivers, foam pads, some NLGI #2 grease, gloves and goggles.
A: Selecting an OEM pickup truck storage unit enables a simple, bolt-on installation procedure.
A: The most ideal pickup truck storage accessories are made using pure 14 gauge alloy steel or High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) set upon a steel subframe.
A: Drivers can secure their pickup truck storage systems using a padlock or a stainless steel compression latch.
The best truck bed storage system is the Weather Guard Storage Drawer which delivers substantial space in a compact design. It is equipped with a drawer, two pairs of shelves and 24 dividers. Made of alloy steel, this system is further protected from corrosion using a matte-black powder finish which resists corrosion while protecting the unit from scratches and debris. It has a weight capacity of 425 pounds and implements a vivid locking system. Chevrolet Silverado drivers can select the Decked GMC & Chevrolet truck bed storage system. It contains bed-length drawers which can hold a variety of items. This accessory is made of recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and exhibits a high level of weather resistance. Moreover, it has a weight capacity of 2,000 pounds. Along with this unit, buyers also receive a collection of accessories. Always drive with your pickup truck storage system firmly secured so as to follow motor vehicle law.