Table Of Contents
- 1 In A Hurry?
- 2 Jeep Wrangler Side Steps COMPARISON Table
- 3 Top 2 Nerf Bars For The Jeep
- 4 Jeep Side Step Top Brands
- 5 Jeep Side Step Reviews And Recommendations
- 5.1 AGGRESSIVE DESIGN – n-FAB J1980T Full Length Nerf Bars
- 5.2 MOST ROBUST – APS Drop Down Tubular Nerf Bars
- 5.3 FIT FOR ROCK CRAWLING – Hooke Road Gladiator Nerf Rails
- 5.4 TOP STEP PAD TRACTION – Tyger Auto TG-JA2J2359B Star Armor Kit
- 5.5 TWO STAIR DESIGN – oEdRo 6 Inch Running Boards
- 5.6 IDEAL OEM OPTION – Mopar Side Steps
- 6 Jeep Side Step Benefits
- 7 Jeep RUNNING BOARDS Types
- 8 Jeep Side Step Key Features
- 9 Jeep Side Step FAQs
- 9.1 Q: Which Ones Are Better Between Nerf Bars And Running Boards?
- 9.2 Q: What Is The Ideal Step Pad Size?
- 9.3 Q: Can Electronically Deployed Running Boards Be Used In Wet Driving Conditions?
- 9.4 Q: How Much Weight Can Running Boards Support?
- 9.5 Q: Can Passengers Ride Upon The Running Boards While Driving?
- 10 Jeep Side Step Conclusion
Those seeking excitement and versatility can get both in the Jeep Wrangler. This outstanding vehicle has been in use for decades among military and civilian drivers. They use it to drive comfortably in city streets, farmyard tracks and off-road trails. The durability and aggressive nature of the Jeep Wrangler can be boosted by equipping the vehicle with some nerf bars. In addition to making it easier for passengers to enter the vehicle, nerf rails protect the sides and undercarriage of your automobile. There are numerous models of nerf bars in the market today. How can a driver pick the most ideal one? We have reviewed the most effective nerf bars and pointed out the most effective ones for you below.
Motorists that are in a hurry can visit these links to view the most outstanding nerf bars available today. We only bring forth quality products.
- BEST OVERALL – AMP Research 75132-01A PowerStep Electric Running Boards
- IDEAL OEM OPTION – Jeep Grand Cherokee Chrome Side Steps
BEST OVERALL – AMP Research 75132-01A PowerStep Electric Running Boards
AMP Research PowerStep Electric Side Steps
AMP Research PowerStep Electric Side Steps On Car
Combining durability, technology and aesthetic design, the AMP Research PowerStep Electric Side Steps are the ideal solution for helping with entry or exit from your Jeep Wrangler. Their main feature is the ability to extend when the door is opened and retract when it is shut. Throughout each of these processes, the running boards are illuminated with integrated, low-profile LED lights for safety purposes.
After fitting these accessories on their Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), drivers can expect many years of service. This is because these Jeep side steps are made of die-cast, high strength aluminum alloy. This material is strong and light at the same time. In addition to that, these side steps are covered with a matte-black, PTFE-coated, anodized military-spec powder coat. This material prevents moisture from penetrating into the aluminum and keeps corrosion at bay.
These running boards have some unique characteristics which guarantee their longevity and make them easy to use. They have a step width of 6.5 inches. As such, passengers of all shoe sizes can utilize them comfortably. These running boards feature some precision stainless steel pivot pins which deliver assured stability at all times. In addition to that, they have self-lubricating bushings which require little to no maintenance to ensure all-weather performance. Notably, each unit weighs 41.9 pounds and has a weight capacity of 600 pounds.
Motorists will notice that each component on these running boards is weatherproof so that drivers can feel confident when driving in the rain, snow, sleet, dirt, dust or asphalt. Furthermore, the electric motors, wiring harness and drive system all fulfill Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) requirements. Moreover, these side boards have pinch-proof, pressure sensitive technology which deters theft. Drivers can install these side steps on the 2018 to 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 4 door model.
- These running boards are strong and durable thanks to their aluminum construction.
- They are protected from corrosion using a powder coat.
- Their operation is automatic.
- Passengers will feel comfortable on the 6.5 inch wide step area.
- The build components of these side steps are all weatherproof.
- They fulfill OEM requirements for an easy installation process.
- The instructions for installation are unclear.
IDEAL OEM OPTION – Jeep Grand Cherokee Chrome Side Steps
Jeep Grand Cherokee Chrome Running Boards
Jeep Grand Cherokee Chrome Running Boards On Car
Designed to deliver a model-specific appearance, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Chrome running boards are an excellent fit for your Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV). They are made of strengthened aluminum so as to deliver robust consistency and light weight at the same time. These Jeep side steps have an attractive chrome finish which protects from corrosion and enhances the aesthetic appearance of your vehicle. Their step pads have substantial traction and are 4 inches wide for comfortable usage. The unit has Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) proportions so it can be installed through a bolt-on procedure. As such, fitment takes only a few minutes with some regular tools. Motorists can install these side steps on the 2011 to 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- They are attractive.
- These side steps will resist rusting and deliver years of service.
- They have OEM dimensions resulting in an easy installation process.
- Their step pads have ample traction.
- They are not electrically motorized.
AMP Research Brand Logo
The AMP Research company was founded in 1980 and manufactures technologically creative aftermarket parts for pickup trucks and Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV). By embracing challenges as processes towards stellar engineering, they are able to deliver high quality products such as the AMP Research 75132-01A PowerStep Electric Running Boards. On October 4th 2013, AMP Research was acquired by Truck Hero Incorporated.
Mopar Brand Logo
Established in 1937, Mopar is a parts, customer care and servicing company. They also provide OEM parts for automobile brands such as Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge and other Stellantis marques. One of their most well known products is the Jeep Grand Cherokee Chrome Side Steps.
n-Fab Brand Logo
Founded on 1st January 2000, the n-FAB company specializes in manufacturing aftermarket parts that have a tubular design including pre-runners and nerf bars. The firm focuses on foreign as well as domestic automotive brands such as Jeep. One of their most popular products is the n-FAB J1980T Full Length Nerf Bars. On December 1 2015, n-FAB was acquired by Truck Hero Incorporated.
APS Auto Parts Specialist Inc Brand Logo
The Auto Parts Specialist Inc (APS) company was created in 2008 to manufacture automotive aftermarket parts. Some examples of their products include grilles, fender flares, truck armor, hitches and nerf bars. The APS engineers ensure that each component reflects a high quality and superior durability at a pocket-friendly price. A notable product from this company is the APS Drop Down Tubular Nerf Bars.
Hooke Road Brand Logo
Created in 1997, the Hooke Road company manufactures aftermarket accessories which deliver high quality at a pocket-friendly price. They deliver items such as LED lights, front grilles, bumpers, racks and side steps. After installing their products, your vehicle look different from the rest. One of their most well known items is the Hooke Road Gladiator Nerf Rails.
Tyger Auto Brand Logo
With operations beginning in 2013, the Tyger Auto company was founded by a combination of Canadian and United States enthusiasts of aftermarket parts. They create automobile parts such as tonneau covers, fender flares, bumper guards and nerf bars. The engineers ensure that each product reflects a high level of quality, capability, operability and stylish design. A well known product from Tyger Auto is the Tyger Auto TG-JA2J2359B Star Armor Kit.
oEdRo Brand Logo
The oEdRo company was established in 2016 to produce and supply premium automobile parts to drivers of brands such as Ford F-Series, Chevy Silverado, Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Rams. They manufacture floor mats, running boards and nerf bars. One of their most popular products is the oEdRo 6 Inch Running Boards.
AGGRESSIVE DESIGN – n-FAB J1980T Full Length Nerf Bars
n-FAB Nerf Bars
n-FAB Nerf Bars On Car
Drivers seeking an aggressive appearance on their vehicles can invest in the n-FAB Nerf Bars. They have a trendy design which features some hoop steps that deliver ample space for your feet when boarding or alighting from your vehicle. These hoop steps are further attached to a 3-inch heavy gauge round bar. The entire unit fits close to your vehicle on both sides. In this way, these side steps furnish your vehicle with a modern, clean appearance.
Drivers can expect these Jeep side steps to last for decades because they are made using Heavy-Duty alloy steel. The components of these side steps are all 100% welded together to create a 1-piece assembly that characterizes durability, rigidity and robust performance.
For comfort during usage, there are some metallic, dimpled step plates in the hoop steps. Passengers can experience a comfortable stepping area which maximizes traction in any type of weather. In addition to that, these side steps will last for decades thanks to a textured matte-black powder coat that’s applied through a unique 3-step procedure. Drivers can implement a direct bolt-on procedure to install these nerf bars on the 2020 to 2021 Jeep Wrangler Gladiator JT 4 Door all beds models.
- Their aggressive design enhances the overall appearance of your vehicle.
- These nerf bars are made of strengthened alloy steel.
- They have tractioned hoop steps which enhance the entry or exit from your vehicle.
- Motorists will find that these side steps are made using a 100% welded process for maximum rigidity.
- A matte-black powder coat protects them from corrosion.
- After just a few months of use, these nerf bars are likely to fade.
- Their hoop steps are too narrow.
MOST ROBUST – APS Drop Down Tubular Nerf Bars
APS Drop Down Nerf Bars
APS Drop Down Nerf Bars On Car
Motorists who enjoy driving off the beaten track can invest in the APS Drop Down Nerf Bars. Made of Heavy-Duty alloy steel, these side steps are strong enough to provide easy entry or exit from your Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and protect it when driving off-road. They have a tubular design which provides a robust guard when driving rock crawling or mudding.
To ensure that they last for a long time, these Jeep side steps are covered with a matte-black powder coat. It prevents moisture from penetrating into the steel section of the accessories. In addition to that, their 6 inch step pads are textured to ensure slip-proof operation. These nerf bars weigh 51.9 pounds and have a weight capacity ranging in the hundreds of pounds.
After purchase, these accessories are delivered in a package that contains a pair of running boards, steel mounting brackets and all other associated hardware. As a result, drivers can fit them using a simple, bolt-on installation. Motorists can install these nerf bars on the 2007 to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4-Door models. Notably, it is necessary to remove the factory-fitted running boards first before installation.
- They are made of strong alloy steel.
- Their tubular design maximizes strength and rigidity.
- A matte-black powder coat protects these nerf steps from corrosion.
- Their step pads have a width of 6 inches.
- These nerf bars are light but strong at the same time.
- Buyers may have to drill extra holes to ensure the correct fit.
FIT FOR ROCK CRAWLING – Hooke Road Gladiator Nerf Rails
Hooke Road Gladiator Nerf Bars
Hooke Road Gladiator Nerf Bars On Car
The Jeep Wrangler is perfect for extreme off-road driving and the Hooke Road Gladiator Nerf Bars are ideal for such excursions. They have an extra chunky design which maximizes strength and rigidity. These units are made of Heavy Duty 2.0 inch tubular alloy steel. They are also covered generously with a textured matte-black powder coat applied through a premium E-coating process that guarantees 5 years of protection from corrosion. Upon delivery, these Jeep side steps come equipped with some mounting hardware and installation instructions. Drivers can install them on the 2020 to 2022 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport, Sport S, Overland, Rubicon or Rubicon Launch pickup truck models. Fitting them on the target vehicle takes only a few minutes because they are applied through a bolt-on process. Despite weighing only 87.8 pounds, these nerf rails can support hundreds of pounds in weight.
- They have a rugged appearance which enhances the aesthetics of your vehicle.
- These nerf sliders are made of Heavy Duty alloy steel for enhanced strength.
- The nerf bars are protected from corrosion using a textured matte-black powder coat.
- Installation is achieved through a bolt-on process.
- Their inner surface is not protected from rusting.
- Drivers can receive them with damaged packaging.
- Buyers can receive these nerf bars with missing installation components.
TOP STEP PAD TRACTION – Tyger Auto TG-JA2J2359B Star Armor Kit
Tyger Auto Star Armor Kit
Tyger Auto Star Armor Kit On Car
When using the Tyger Auto Star Armor Kit, your passengers always experience comfort and stability. That’s because these running boards have step pads which are developed using laser-cutting technology to create stars which create ample traction in all types of weather. As such, the units deliver maximum stability during usage at all times.
A unique feature of these Jeep side steps is that they utilize a dual-girder system which facilitates wheel-to-wheel protection during extreme off-road driving exploits such as mudding or rock crawling. This system protects your vehicle’s rocker panel area and underside. Moreover, it prevents the automobile from getting stuck on obstacles when exploring off-road trails.
Each side step weighs only 96.8 pounds and can support 500 pounds of weight. This is due to the Heavy-Duty alloy steel construction. More specifically, each nerf bar has a diameter of 2 inches and is made of 0.120inch wall thickness tubes. Moreover, each nerf bar is made of a one-piece design which maximizes rigidity. To boost resilience, each unit is covered with a matte-black powder coat. This facility keeps moisture out and prevents rusting. Upon delivery, these nerf rails arrive with some installation instructions along with all the equipment that’s required for bolt-on installation. Drivers can fit these accessories on the 2020 to 2022 Jeep Gladiator JT 4 Door model.
- Their step pads are developed through a laser-cutting process for ample traction.
- These nerf bars have a one-piece design which maximizes rigidity.
- In addition to vehicle access, they also protect the underside of your automobile using a dual girder system.
- Each side step has a weight capacity of 500 pounds.
- A matte-black powder coat protects the nerf rails from corrosion.
- They are not electrically extendable.
TWO STAIR DESIGN – oEdRo 6 Inch Running Boards
oEdRo Side Steps
oEdRo Side Steps On Car
Capable of delivering enhanced utility, the oEdRo side steps have a unique two-stair design. By using these nerf bars, drivers can facilitate easy entry and exit from lifted vehicle. In addition to that, these running boards also deliver convenient access to the rooftop through an extra stair in the middle section of each unit. As such, these step boards are an ideal addition to your Jeep Wrangler.
These accessories are made of carbon steel for guaranteed strength and rigidity. They are further covered with a fine, textured, matte-black powder coat. As such, these accessories are protected from rusting or corrosion. A notable feature of these nerf bars is that they have drop down, laser-cut step pads which ensure a firm grip for slip-proof usage in all types of weather.
Drivers can fee confident enough to use these Jeep side steps for off-road driving because these accessories have welded sections for assured strength. Each unit weighs 63.9 pounds and can support 550 pounds without bending at all. Thanks to their OEM design, these nerf rails can be fitted to your SUV using a bolt-on installation method. Buyers can install them on the 2007 to 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door vehicle.
- Their two-stair design enables easy access into the vehicle as well as its roof top.
- These nerf bars are manufactured using carbon steel for strength and rigid operation.
- A textured powder coat protects them from corrosion.
- They have laser cut step pads that deliver assured traction during usage.
- Each side bar can support 550 pounds of weight.
- After 6 months of use, they will begin rusting.
- Their step pads are too close to the vehicle.
IDEAL OEM OPTION – Mopar Side Steps
Mopar Running Boards
Mopar Running Boards On Car
Featuring an OEM design, the Mopar running boards are a great addition to your vehicle. They are made of a combination of aluminum and alloy steel. As such, they are strong and rust-resistant at the same time. These Jeep side steps are black in color so they can comfortably complement your vehicle’s exterior color. Designed for Sports Utlity Vehicles (SUVs), they facilitate eaiser entry or exit for the automobile. Notably, their step pads are textured for extra traction. Moreover, each running board weighs only 50 pounds and can support many times its weight. Drivers can install them on the 2007 to 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 door models.
- Their OEM appearance promotes your vehicle’s aesthetic.
- These side steps are made of alloy steel and aluminum for light weight and strength.
- The black exterior color complement’s your automobile’s outward appearance.
- Their step pads are textured.
- These step bars can arrive while already scratched up.
Fitting some running boards to your lifted vehicle makes it easier for passengers to enter or exit. The side steps provide a lowered stair which can be used to reduce the striding distance when boarding or alighting from an automobile. By facilitating easier access, the driver enhances the passengers’ comfort.
Jeep Wranglers are ideal for engaging in off-road driving activities. Some examples of these are mudding and rock crawling. Nerf bars protect the undercarriage and sides of your vehicle from impact during such excursions.
Adding some side steps to your Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) dramatically increases its aesthetic appeal. These accessories make your vehicle look more aggressive. In doing so, your automobile is more attractive to passengers and even other road users.
The extendable side steps offer the most convenience and passenger comfort. When the doors are opened, these running boards extend automatically so that passengers can step on them and enter or exit the vehicle. Once the doors are shut, these side steps retract back underneath the automobile. Throughout these processes, extendable side steps are illuminated by some low-profile LED lights. Doing so promotes safety during use.
The stationary nerf bars stay in place at all times. They perform the dual function of providing an extra step for passengers and protecting the vehicle’s undercarriage. Stationary side steps often have a tubular design and are manufactured using robust materials. This is so that they can maintain their rigidity during extreme off-road driving activities.
A driver should always seek nerf bars that are manufactured using Heavy-Duty materials. Some examples of such include carbon steel, strengthened aluminum and alloy steel. These materials retain their rigidity and consistency when driving on unpaved roads.
For the best experience, nerf bars should fit perfectly and match your vehicle’s appearance. Ensuring that they meet Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) dimensions is a sure way of guaranteeing perfect fitment and smooth installation. As such, motorists should always seek side steps which achieve OEM qualities.
To ensure safety during usage, running boards should be illuminated at all times. Low-profile LED illumination systems can facilitate this objective. They light up when the step bars are extending or retracting so as to help the users enter or exit the vehicle safely.
- After a long day of off-road driving, drivers can clean their nerf bars by spraying them with a high pressure water hose. After that, they can use a solution of automobile wash and water to scrub the panels clean. Modern side step components are waterproof so there’s no risk of rusting. Finally, these accessories can be rinsed and dried by wiping with a microfiber cloth.
- Always drive with your running boards retracted so as to make the driving procedure easier and safer for you as well as other road users.
- When buying side steps for your automobile select those that are made of robust materials because they will last longer. Some examples of these include strengthened aluminum, alloy steel and carbon steel.
- Running boards which are covered with a matte-black powder coat are ideal because they are protected from corrosion.
- Make sure that there are no passengers riding on your running boards while driving so as to abide by automobile law. .edu.
A: Running boards are ideal for driving on paved roads such as those around the city. On the other hand, nerf bars are ideal for off-road driving on dirt trails, rocks and mud.
A: For most nerf bars, the appropriate step pad size is 6 inches wide.
A: Yes. All the components in extendable running boards are weatherproof and water resistant.
A: Majority of premium side steps can support 500 pounds of weight on each side.
A: No. According to automobile law, motorists should never allow passengers to ride on side steps while driving.
The AMP Research PowerStep Electric Side Steps running boards prove to be the best option. They extend automatically when the doors are opened. Moreover, they retract when the doors are shut with no external effort. These step bars are also illuminated with LED lights for easy viewing during use. Seeing as these running boards are made of high strength aluminum and powder coated, they are guaranteed to last for a long time. Drivers searching for an OEM appearance can invest in the Jeep Grand Cherokee Chrome running boards. These nerf bars have a tubular design and are coated in chrome for protection against rust. Their proportions allow for a bolt-on installation. Moreover, they are light and strong at the same time. Drivers should always retract their electronic running boards. In addition to that, they should never let passengers ride on the side steps while driving.