Table Of Contents
- 1 Jeep YJ Bumper Adds Aesthetic Appeal And Off-road Capability To Your Vehicle
- 2 In A Hurry?
- 3 Jeep Wrangler TJ Bumper Table
- 4 Top 2 bumpers For Jeep YJ And TJ Models
- 5 Jeep TJ Bumper Top Brands
- 6 Best Front Bumper For Jeep TJ Reviews And Recommendations
- 6.1 MOST ACCESSORIES – Best Combo Deal with D-Rings & Receiver Hitches – Hooke Road Wrangler TJ Bumper Combo Front + Rear Bumpers
- 6.2 MOST HEAVY-DUTY – Best Front Winch Bumper – Body Armor 4×4 TJ-19531 Steel Front Winch Bumper
- 6.3 MOST ATTRACTIVE – Best LED Front Bumper – EAG LED Front Bumper
- 6.4 MINIMALIST DESIGN – Best Stubby Bumper – EAG Front Bumper
- 6.5 IDEAL FOR ROCK CRAWLING – Best Rock Crawler – WARN FULL WIDTH FRONT BUMPER 61853
- 6.6 IDEAL CLASSIC STYLE – Fit For Restored Models – Smittybilt 76750D Classic Rear Bumper
- 7 Jeep YJ Bumper Benefits
- 8 Jeep TJ Stinger Bumper Types
- 9 Jeep TJ Rear Bumper Key Features
- 9.1 TJ Jeep Rear Bumper Alloy Steel Material
- 9.2 Rear Bumper Jeep TJ Matte-Black Powder Coat
- 9.3 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rear Bumper OEM Fitment
- 9.4 Jeep TJ Front Bumper Tips
- 9.5 Jeep TJ Bumper FAQs
- 9.6 Q: Jeep TJ Front Bumper Can Be Used On The Road While Loose?
- 9.7 Q: Jeep TJ Rear Bumper Best Features Include?
- 9.8 Q: TJ Jeep Rear Bumper Best Product Is?
- 9.9 Q: Jeep TJ Winch Bumper Most Ideal Winch Weight Capacity Is?
- 9.10 Q: Jeep Wrangler TJ Bumper Can Be Cleaned In Which Way To Stay Black?
- 10 Best Front Bumper For Jeep TJ Conclusion
Jeep YJ Bumper Adds Aesthetic Appeal And Off-road Capability To Your Vehicle
The Jeep Wrangler TJ and YJ models are modern classics. The YJ variant was produced from 1987 to 1996 while the TJ variant was manufactured from 1996 to 1999. Both models exhibited the classic Jeep upright radiator and fender overhangs. They also navigated some of the roughest terrain in the world with no difficulty whatsoever. To keep your Jeep Wrangler TJ or YJ in premium condition, accessorize it with a multi-functional front bumper. Even better, the vehicle can be enhanced with a front and back bumper set. How can you select the most ideal Jeep Wrangler TJ front bumper for your Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV)? We have examined and revealed the most outstanding products while bringing forward the best choices for you below.
Drivers that are in a hurry can visit the links below to view the top options available today. We only review the most excellent products.
- BEST OVERALL – Best Over All Front and Rear Bumper Combo – OEDRO Full Width Front and Rear Bumper Combo
- FITTED WITH TIRE LOCK – Best Rear Bumper With Secure Lock Tire Carrier – EAG Steel EZ Grip Rear Bumper
CAR MODEL & YEAR
1987 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ & LJ 2-door models
1987 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ models
1997 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ models
Jeep Wrangler TJ and YJ models
987 to 2006 Wrangler Jeep TJ and YJ models
1987 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ and YJ models
1997 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ vehicle models
1976 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ/YJ/LJ models
BEST OVERALL – Best Over All Front and Rear Bumper Combo – OEDRO Full Width Front and Rear Bumper Combo
OEDRO Full Width Front And Rear Bumper Set
OEDRO Full Width Front And Rear Bumper Set On Car
The OEDRO full width front and rear bumper set provides comprehensive protection for the anterior and posterior sections of your vehicle. The front bumper in this set exhibits a chute design. As a result, it provides slots for lights which can be added to provide extra illumination at night or in dim driving conditions. These slots are fully adjustable over a range of 16 inches to 22 inches. In addition to that, the front bumper has some pre-drilled winch holes. They enable the easy installation of a winch with no cutting or drilling required.
After fitting this Jeep TJ front and rear bumper combo, a driver will enjoy convenience because the front bumper is equipped with a license plate bracket. Both the front and rear bumpers have detachable decor sections which the owner can adjust to enhance the overall appearance of their vehicle. The Jeep TJ front winch bumper in this set is factory-fitted with D-ring mounts which are welded on the inside and the outside. They deliver reliable performance and easy recovery during off-road driving.
Each component in this bumper set is manufactured using 5/32″ steel sheets which can absorb impact and comfortably resist extreme weather. Moreover, the whole set is covered with a pre-treated matte-black powder coat that keeps moisture out and prevents rusting as described in this forum. Therefore, drivers can be sure that the combo will last for decades. This set is shipped while containing one front and one rear bumper, four D-rings, two screw sets and comprehensive installation instructions. Motorists can fit this bumper set on all models of the 1987 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ, YJ & LJ 2-door with no drilling involved.
- Drivers receive a complete set containing front and rear bumpers along with installation equipment.
- Its chute design of the front bumper creates room for additional lights.
- The front bumper contains a license plate holder and pre-drilled winch holes.
- Owners will find factory-fitted, welded D-ring mounts.
- Each component is made of 5/32″ steel for robust performance.
- A matte-black powder coat protects each bumper from corrosion.
- Upon delivery, the set contains all the parts that are needed for successful installation.
- Some of the bolts in the set are difficult to manipulate.
FITTED WITH TIRE LOCK – Best Rear Bumper With Secure Lock Tire Carrier – EAG Steel EZ Grip Rear Bumper
EAG Steel Rear Bumper
EAG Steel Rear Bumper On Car
The EAG steel rear bumper is every driver’s solution for protection and utility. This rear bumper is made of 5/32″ steel sheet which facilitates strength and resilience. In addition to that, it is also equipped with a swing-out, fully adjustable tire carrier which can securely hold oversized tires. As such, a spare tire can be carried along for extreme off-road exploits.
To facilitate easy entry into your vehicle’s trunk, this Jeep Wrangler TJ rear bumper also has an EZ Grip latch handle. This feature is designed to be user-friendly and open or close as easily as a car door. Upon fitment, it is fully secure and cannot pop open even during dynamic driving.
This best Jeep TJ rear bumper with tire carrier also has some robust D-ring mounts which facilitate towing or recovery in off-road conditions. These features are welded on the inside and the outside to guarantee maximum stability. Even better, this Jeep YJ rear bumper with tire carrier comes with a pair of 4.75 ton D-Ring shackles along with black isolators. For effective recovery, the bumper also has a built-in class III 2 inch hitch receiver equipped with a safety chain loop. The entire Jeep TJ rear bumper with tire carrier is covered with a matte-black powder coat to ensure that it never rusts or corrodes. Drivers can install this Jeep Wrangler TJ rear bumper with tire carrier on the 1987 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ model by following this installation video.
- This Jeep TJ rear bumper with hitch features a steel construction which guarantees strength and durability.
- The Jeep TJ bumper with tire carrier has a swing method of operation.
- It has a secure EZ Grip latch handle which helps with opening the trunk door on your Jeep.
- Drivers will find a pair of 4.75 ton D-Ring shackles on the best Jeep YJ rear bumper with tire carrier.
- There’s a class III 2 inch hitch receiver on the bumper for towing purposes.
- Each section of this bumper set is covered with a matte black coating which prevents corrosion.
- The process of installing this Jeep TJ tire carrier bumper is straightforward.
- The latch pin is weak.
- This Jeep TJ rear bumper tire carrier consistently makes squeaking noises when driving off-road.
OEDRO Brand Logo
Established in 2016, OEDRO is one of the foremost companies dealing in the manufacture of high quality aftermarket products. This company is officially owned by HONGKONG YINTATECH NETWORK CO., LIMITED. They supply customized products for models such as Ford F-Series, Chevrolet Silverado, Dodge Rams and Jeep Wranglers. The brand focuses on providing high quality, well-designed products that are reasonably priced and delivered through dedicated customer service. One of their most popular products is the OEDRO Full Width Front and Rear Bumper Combo.
EAG Bumpers Brand Logo
A group of automobile enhancement enthusiasts established EAG Bumpers in 2010. The company manufactures Heavy-Duty bumpers for a wide variety of Jeep models including the Wrangler, Comanche, Gladiator and Cherokee. Their products come in a wide range of shapes and sizes as depicted in this top selling model, the EAG Steel EZ Grip Rear Bumper.
Hooke Road Brand Logo
Founded in 1997, the Hooke Road company focuses on manufacturing aftermarket products which exhibit a high quality construction at affordable prices. They produce a wide variety of goods for the Jeep Wrangler including side steps, front grille, racks, LED lights and front bumpers. At this company, the main objective is to deliver products which make your Jeep stand out from the crowd. A best selling item from this brand is the Hooke Road Wrangler TJ Bumper Combo Front + Rear Bumpers.
Body Armor 4×4 Brand Logo
The Body Armor 4×4 company was created in 2010 by Gary Tolar, a fan of weekend off-roading with the Jeep Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV). From the beginning, the founder sought to create front bumpers that looked great and offered maximum utility at the same time. Today, the company manufactures a wide range of Jeep accessories including racks, exterior armor, tents, interior storage solutions, suspension systems and front bumpers such as the Body Armor 4×4 TJ-19531 Steel Front Winch Bumper.
Warn Industries Brand Logo
Founded in 1948 at Seattle, USA, Warn Industries manufactures automotive aftermarket parts. The company performs consistent innovation and has 127 U.S. patents. They deliver high quality parts through a customer-centric services. One of their most successful items is the WARN FULL WIDTH FRONT BUMPER 61853.
Smittybilt Automotive Group Brand Logo
The Smittybilt Automotive Group, Inc was created in 2002 after the amalgamation of Smittybilt, Inc and the Trailmaster Suspension company. In its new form, the manufacturer went on to produce aftermatket vehicle accessories such as tailgate guards, roll bars, grille guards and Heavy-Duty bumpers. With a focus on style and functionality, the company manufactures popular products such as the Smittybilt Classic rear bumper.
MOST ACCESSORIES – Best Combo Deal with D-Rings & Receiver Hitches – Hooke Road Wrangler TJ Bumper Combo Front + Rear Bumpers
Hooke Road Wrangler TJ Bumper Combo
Hooke Road Wrangler TJ Bumper Combo On Car
The Hooke Road Wrangler TJ Bumper Combo is an effective solution for protecting the front and back of your Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV). The set contains some front and rear bumpers. It also contains a 2 inch long receiver hitch with strengthened D-ring mounts along with the associated rings. Each part is made of 5/32″ alloy steel for strength and resilience. Moreover, some sections of this Jeep TJ front bumper with receiver hitch are coated in chrome for an attractive appearance.
Every component in the set is covered with two layers of textured black powder coat. As such, drivers can be sure that this set of bumpers will last for a long time. Moreover, the front bumper comes with a pair of LED accent lights This accessory also has a built-in winch plate that can support up to 12,000 pounds for effortless recovery during off-road driving. Drivers can install this set of bumpers on the 1997 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ model.
- This set contains front and rear bumpers for complete coverage.
- The front bumper contains some strengthened D-ring mounts and a 2 inch receiver hitch.
- Each component is manufactured using 5/32″ alloy steel which is strong and dependable.
- Two stages of textured black powder coat ensure that these bumpers are rust-resistant.
- Drivers receive a pair of LED accent lights.
- The bumpers can arrive while damaged.
Body Armor TJ-19531 Front Bumper
Body Armor TJ-19531 Front Bumper On Car
This Body Armor TJ-19531 front bumper is a Heavy-Duty anterior accessory. It is made of 5 millimeter thick alloy steel which can protect your Jeep from frontal impacts. It also contains a ¼ inch plate designed to hold a winch which comes in handy for recovery in case of accidents during dynamic off-road exploration. The bumper weighs 75 pounds but can support a winch that is capable of hauling thousands of pounds in weight.
This TJ Jeep front bumper is reinforced to resist punishing trails, mud, water and snow. For enhanced off-road utility, it is also equipped with a center hoop that contains a set of welded light tabs. Seeing as this Jeep TJ tube bumper also has a skid plate, drivers can engage in rock-crawling with complete confidence. Notably, its bumper wings are tapped upwards to maximize the approach angle while driving off the beaten path. Most importantly, every component of this bumper is covered with a black powder coat which keeps corrosion at bay. Drivers can install this bumper on the Jeep Wrangler TJ and YJ models.
- It has a Heavy-Duty construction.
- The bumper has a ¼ inch winch plate.
- This accessory is reinforced to resist impact while driving off-road.
- Motorists will find that this bumper has a skid plate which assists with rock crawling.
- Thanks to its design, this bumper’s wings are tapped upward to maximize the approach angle during rock crawling.
- Every part of this accessory is covered with a matte black powder coat for protection from rust.
- It is necessary to cut up this bumper so as to install aftermarket sway bars.
- The bumper can get damaged during shipping.
EAG LED Fitted Front Bumper
EAG LED Fitted Front Bumper On Car
Drivers desiring an eye-catching front bumper should look no further than the EAG LED fitted front bumper. This accessory is equipped with factory-fitted ABS metallic gray light surrounds. They are installed using a direct bolt-on installation method so as to operate without rattling.
The main highlight of this front bumper is that it is equipped with a pair of powerful 12 watt Light Emitting Diode (LED) lights. It also has a 120 watt LED bar which provides a wide angle of view at night or in dim light conditions. As a result, this bumper enables a driver to explore off-road trails at any time of the day or night.
This aggressive, high-tech Jeep TJ front bumper with winch mount is manufactured using advanced methods including laser-cutting, robotic assembly and welding as well as Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machining. It is made using resilient 5/32″ steel sheet along with 2 3/8″ x .120 wall steel tubing. Finally, it is covered using a matte-black powder coat.
For enhanced utility, this Jeep TJ front bumper with lights is equipped with high strength, welded D-ring shackles which have a weight capacity of 4.75 tons each. They prove supremely useful for recovering it from challenging off-road situations. This bumper weighs only 99.4 pounds and is equipped with a purpose-built plate that can support a 12,000 pound winch. Furthermore, this front bumper also has black isolators. Drivers can install this avant garde front bumper on the 1987 to 2006 Wrangler Jeep TJ and YJ models.
- This front bumper has vivid 12 watt LED lights and a 120 watt LED bar for maximum illumination.
- The bumper is manufactured using a robust 5/32″ steel sheet along with 2 3/8″ x .120 wall steel tubing.
- Motorists will find that the bumper is manufactured using the process of laser-cutting, robotic assembly, welding as well as CNC machining.
- It is made of steel sheet and wall steel tubing resulting in long lasting services.
- A matte-black coating protects this bumper from corrosion.
- It is fitted with a winch plate that has a 12,000 pound weight capacity.
- Drivers will find that it has welded D-rings that have a capacity of 4.75 tons each.
- It can arrive with nuts and washers missing which make installation challenging.
- This front bumper does not come with any installation instructions.
- The matte-black powder coat is prone to chipping and peeling.
EAG Stubby Front Bumper
EAG Stubby Front Bumper On Car
The EAG Stubby front bumper has a compact design. It offers a minimalist option for drivers seeking an accessory for off-road driving. Despite its small dimensions, this front bumper packs an off-road punch. It has a winch plate capable of supporting a 12,000 pound winch. This Jeep TJ stubby front bumper also has a pair of 4.75 ton high strength D-ring shackles along with welded D-ring mounts. In addition to that, it has some black isolators.
This frony Jeep TJ stubby winch bumper is manufactured using 5/32″ steel sheet combined with 2″ x .120 wall steel tubing. As a result, it weighs only 67.4 pounds but exhibits substantial weight capacity. The bumper is designed for easy installation through a simple bolt-on procedure. As a matter of fact, this Jeep TJ front bumper kit fits right over the original front section of the chassis. As such, this Heavy-Duty stubby front bumper is an ideal accessory for upgrading your Jeep. Drivers can install it on the 1987 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ and YJ models.
- It has a minimalist design which improves the angle of approach when driving off-road.
- Its winch plate has a weight capacity of 12,000 pounds.
- In addition to this Jeep Wrangler TJ stubby front bumper, drivers receive a set of 4.75 ton high strength D-ring shackles and welded D-ring mounts.
- The front bumper is made of a combination featuring steel sheet and wall steel tubing.
- This Jeep TJ front bumper with Stinger can be fitted on your vehicle using a bolt-on installation procedure.
- Its sway bar clamp notch is not large enough and needs grinding during installation.
Warn Front Bumper
Warn Front Bumper On Car
A driver that’s interested in transforming their classic Jeep into a rock crawling machine can equip it with the Warn front bumper. It has tapered ends which facilitate high clearance and increased angles of approach. The bumper is manufactured using laser-cut, robotically welded and CNC formed steel. As a result, the final product is robust enough to protect your automobile during serious rock crawling. Moreover, it can support additional accessories such as a winch which is capable of a thousand pound weight capacity.
For ultimate off-road convenience, this Jeep TJ Warn front bumper is equipped with welded eyelets that can comfortably accommodate D-shackles. Moreover, each component of this front bumper is covered with a matte-black powder coat which keeps moisture at bay and prevents the onset of corrosion. In addition to that, this front bumper is enhanced with pre-drilled holes that are fit for auxiliary lights. Motorists can install this front bumper on the 1997 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ vehicle models.
- It is developed for rock crawling.
- This front bumper is manufactured using high-tech methods including laser cutting, robotic welding and CNC steel formation.
- The unit is strong enough to support a high performance winch.
- Drivers can experience off-road freedom thanks to the welded eyelets on this front bumper that are designed to hold D-shackles.
- This front bumper is covered with a matte-black powder coat.
- It does not have a hitch.
- This front bumper does not have any tow hooks.
Smittybilt Classic Rear Bumper
Smittybilt Classic Rear Bumper On Car
The Smittybilt Classic rear bumper is fit for motorists who want to restore their Jeeps for rock crawling and off-road driving. This rear accessory delivers protection from posterior impacts. For convenience, it is fitted with a Class III rear hitch in case towing becomes necessary.
Weighing only 44 pounds, this Jeep TJ Smittybilt rear bumper is covered with a textured matte-black powder coat which provides protection from rusting, corrosion or damage by debris. Seeing as this bumper is manufactured using cold rolled steel, it is bound to last for decades. In addition to that, it has some D-Ring mounts for easy recovery from sticky circumstances during off-road driving.
During the installation process, the bumper does not require any drilling whatsoever. That’s because it is manufactured for direct bolt-on fitment. For enhanced utility, this rear bumper can be equipped with a swing away tire carrier. Motorists can install this rear bumper in the 1976 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ/YJ/LJ models.
- This rear bumper provides a classic appearance to your vehicle.
- Thanks to its cold-rolled steel construction, it can withstand heavy impacts and extreme off-road driving.
- The bumper is covered with a matte-black powder coat for complete weather resistance.
- Driver utility is maximized with some factory-fitted D-Ring mounts.
- Installation does not involve any drilling whatsoever.
- The installation instructions are not clear.
- Its mounting holes are drilled in an uneven way.
Safeguard Your Radiator
The front bumper protects your Jeep’s radiator section when off-road driving. This part is important for cooling your automobile. As such, the front bumper performs an important task by protecting the radiator from puncture, shock, impact and physical damage.
Holds Off-roading Accessories
Modern front bumpers are designed to contain a collection of features which make off-road driving more enjoyable and safe. Some examples of these features include D-Rings, hooks, winch plates and LED lights. As such, the ability to explore the outdoors with additional visual and protective accessories is ideal.
The Jeep Wrangler is meant to look aggressive and capable. Adding an aftermarket Jeep TJ stinger front bumper improves its aesthetics by increasing the visual appeal. By improving the vehicle’s appearance, a front bumper also increases the resale value of your vehicle.
The full-width front bumper covers the entire front of your Jeep’s front section from the left wheel to the right one. It is an expansive accessory which delivers ample protection from anterior impacts. Due to its large dimensions, the full width front bumper is often equipped with off-roading gear such as D-Rings, a winch plate, fog lights, an LED light bar and hooks. As a result of its characteristics and capabilities, it is the most ideal type of front bumper to seek for your Jeep Wrangler.
This type of front bumper only covers a small part of the front section. It has compressed dimensions and features a wide angle of approach. Due to its compact nature, the stubby front bumper exhibits outstanding effectiveness during off-road exploits such as rock crawling. However, its limited surface area prevents this type of bumper from hosting numerous off-road utility gear such as hooks, a winch or LED lights.
Alloy Steel Material
When searching for a front bumper for your Jeep Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), it is essential to ensure that it is made of alloy steel. This metal is made by combining carbon and iron to create an alloy which exhibits a tensile strength that ranges from 758 to 1882 MPa (Megapascals). As a result, it is robust enough to withstand external impacts and protect your vehicle’s anterior section from getting crushed.
Matte-black Powder Coat
After purchasing a front bumper for their vehicle, a driver expects it to last for decades. To achieve this, they must ensure that this accessory is covered in a matte-black coating. This is a black pigment that prevents moisture, dust, dirt and debris from coming into contact with the metallic part of the front bumper. Applied through a powder coating process, matte-black cover is an important feature to look out for when buying a front bumper for your Jeep.
To guarantee great services throughout the lifetime of your Jeep, the aftermarket bumper must fit flawlessly. In this case, it should fulfill Original Equipment Fitment (OEM) requirements for your vehicle model. Those models which achieve this can be installed easily and fit perfectly.
- A front bumper for your Jeep must fulfill protective and utility functionalities. Therefore, the most ideal models should include a skid plate, winch mount plate and recovery hooks. With such a model on your automobile, it is possible to recover your vehicle in case of an accident during off-road driving.
- When selecting a rear bumper for your Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), ensure that it has achieved a Class III hitch point level. At this level, your Jeep Wrangler YJ or TJ can tow 2,000 pounds comfortably.
- To ensure maximum value for your money, strive to purchase bumper combo packages which combine front and rear bumpers for your automobile.
- Always clean your bumpers after a session of off-road driving. Doing so prevents dirt, debris or moisture from seeping into the metallic parts of your bumpers to cause corrosion.
- While buying these accessories for your Jeep, make sure that they have achieved the bumper standard in your state. More importantly, they should achieve the correct Jeep TJ rear bumper bolt size which is Grade 5 or Grade 8.
A: No. It is illegal to drive with a loose bumper. Always make sure that your vehicle’s bumper is firmly fitted and in good condition.
A: The ideal Jeep bumpers should have appropriately placed recovery spots, tow hitches, a winch plate, tire carrier, skid plate, Jeep TJ bumper end caps and hooks. These features help to recover or maneuver your vehicle when driving off the beaten track as described in Jeep TJ rear bumper with tire carrier reviews.
A: There are many Jeep TJ stinger winch bumper models offering a variety of characteristics. That said, the best ones are provided in the form of combo packages which deliver the best value for your money.
A: The best type of winch for your vehicle is one which can support up to 12,500 pounds of weight.
A: A driver can clean their Jeep bumper and keep it black by cleaning it with a PH-neutral, water-based, fragrance-free cleaning fluid. After that, some protectant should be applied upon the bumper to prevent damage by Ultraviolet (UV) rays.
The best Jeep bumper is the OEDRO full width front and rear bumper set. It delivers protection for both the front and rear of your Jeep YJ or TJ. The front section contains some pre-drilled winch holes and has a license plate bracket. Moreover, it has some stock welded D-Ring mounts. Each part of the bumper set is made of impact and weather-resistant steel sheets. The set comes with all the parts that are necessary for successful installation. Drivers who are searching for a posterior bumper can select the EAG steel rear bumper. It has a tire mount and a user-friendly EZ Grip latch handle. Some D-Ring mounts and a class III 2 inch hitch increase its utility. Always drive with a firmly fixed bumper on your vehicle and ensure that your aftermarket accessories fulfill the bumper standard in your state.