Table Of Contents
- 1 Honda Accord Brakes – Replacement Kit Choices Comparison Table
- 2 The Best Honda Accord Brakes and Acura TSX Brake Pad Replacements in Details
- 3 The Major Players in the Market for the Honda Accord and Acura TSX Brake Replacement Kits
- 4 Honda Accord And Acura TSX Brake Pads And Rotors Tips
- 4.1 Ceramic Accord Brake Pads Benefits
- 4.2 Honda Accord Rotors
- 4.3 #2 Best Value for Money – Detroit Axle – Front and Rear Drilled Rotors Ceramic Brake Pads Replacement Honda Accord 4 CYL Rear Disc Models
- 4.4 #3 The Best 2013 Honda Accord Brake Pads – R1 Concepts Front Rear Silver Zinc Cross Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors Kit + Ceramic Brake Pads CEC4011702
- 4.5 #4 Our Choice for Replacement Rear Brakes Brake Pads and Rotors – Callahan CCK02615  REAR Original Calipers +  OE Rotors +  Low Dust Ceramic Brake Pads
- 4.6 #5 Perfect Fit for 1999 to 2002 Honda Accord V6 Models – Detroit Axle – All (4) Front and Rear Drilled and Slotted Disc Brake Kit Rotors w/Ceramic Pads w/Hardware & Brake Kit Cleaner & Fluid Replacement
- 4.7 #6 Perfect for that OEM Look Honda Accord Brake Pads and Rotors – Detroit Axle – Front Rear DISC Brake Rotors + Ceramic Brake Pads Replacement for V6 3.0L 1998-2002 Honda Accord – 10pc Set
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions on Honda Brakes and Acura TSX Brake Pads Replacement Kits
- 6 To Conclude: Which Honda brake set is ideal for my car?
Stop before you break it! Honda Accord brakes or brakes of any car mark are sometimes the only things that can save you from any life-changing moment while driving. Any unusual things heard or felt emanating from the car’s brake system is not an issue we take for granted. It is always wise to have the system checked or replaced to eliminate worries while driving.
The Honda Accord is one of the most popular cars in our market, prompting aftermarket parts manufacturers in designing and marketing their own Honda Accord Brake Pads and Rotors replacements. The market has an abundance of manufacturers competing in this segment.
Motor vehicles such as the Honda Accord and Acura TSX are supposed to go and stop when we need them to stop. Stopping at our behest should not be compromised. While choosing OEM parts for worn Acura TSX Brake Pads and Rotors is a safe bet, there are other aftermarket manufacturers whose products also deliver at par or better performance than the OEM parts.
Read our reviews for the best Honda Accord and Acura TSX brake products below and find out the best fit for your car.
Honda Accord Brakes – Replacement Kit Choices Comparison Table
The Best Honda Accord Brakes and Acura TSX Brake Pad Replacements in Details
#1 The Best Overall Brake Rotors Kit – R1 Concepts eLine Front Rear Brake Rotors Kit + Ceramic Brake Pads
R1 eLine 2013 Honda Accord Replacement Kit
Here’s why we think the R1 Concepts eLine model number CEC4006402 bests the competition. Engineered as replacement parts for the 2011 Honda Accord brake pads and also the 2010 Acura TSX brake pads, the eLine series of Honda Brakes replacement parts of R1 Concepts are laden with technologies to ensure that they give the best performance compared to their competitors. Innovative improvements incorporated in the design of the brake kit include Zinc coating on the rotors, which helps prevent or minimize the build-up of rust or corrosion. These Honda Accord rotors have countersink holes that assist in heat and gas dissipation from the system. The countersink design prevents cracks from forming alongside the holes in high-performance maneuvers. Another innovative advantage of the eLine series is the “diamond” slot design. The slots cause better heat and gas dissipation than traditional slots of competitors owing to their edgy design. Other manufacturers have cylindrical grooves on the rotor surface. Diamond Slots also minimize glazing of the brake pads by scraping them, thus assuring you of continuous undiminished performance. The ventilation or heat dissipation fins are twice in number compared to other makes, allowing more metal surfaces to aid in heat exchange. The increased number of fins results in stronger Honda Brake Rotors with higher heat dissipation capabilities. The eLine has “diamond cut slots” for better heat and dust dissipation. The eLine Honda Accord brake rotors also come with crisscross surface patterns that ensure a proper fit for the brake pads, thus allowing better performance.
What We Like:
- Innovative – Vehicle braking system innovations went into the design of this product. At least three heat transfer and gas dispersing concepts are in its brake rotors. The brake disk surface is both slotted and drilled, with the ventilated edges. All these concepts allow heat and gas generated by friction to escape efficiently, thus cooling the brake system, helping prevent any accidents. The included brake pads are of ceramic material. Ceramic pads are better alternatives to asbestos since they do not produce an unhealthy volume of dust and brake noise.
- Countersink Edged Holes – The countersink-edged holes on the disc rotors prevent cracking and chips that diminish performance and brake pad life.
- Easy to Install – Many reviewers in various forums comment that the replacement kit is easy to install.
- Fitment – Comments also abound on how the product fits flawlessly with the stock parts. They wrote that it installs like it is a stock unit.
- Quiet Operation – Many reviewers also commended the R1 Concepts eLine for the Honda Accord brakes quietly. There are no noticeable brake grinding and brake squeals when braking.
- Improvements in Stopping – Reviews observed improvements when braking.
- Zinc Coated – The disc rotors are zinc coated, which helps prevent rust from forming. Surface rust reduces the performance and stopping distance of brakes.
What We Don’t Like:
- Package Problems – Some customers lamented that they received a product different from what they ordered. Some noted missing parts with their orders.
- Noise – Some reviewers did notice minimal noise generation by the products. However, many customers say that the R1 Concept eLine for Honda Accords is practically quiet.
- Limited Application – The R1 Concepts eLine Number CEC4006402 mounts only on Honda Accord Models from 2008 through 2014 models Honda Accord and Acura TSX.
What We Think:
The R1 Concepts eLine Model Number CEC4006402 is the best Honda Accord Brakes Replacement kit for the 2008 to 2014 Accord. The product design is with innovative concepts to provide superior products. The included technology is usually only seen in high-end sports cars. It is lamentable that this replacement kit is only available for the Honda Accord models stated above. Also worth mentioning is that the slots on the discs have sharp angles like a diamond cut that help dissipate gas and dust faster than cylindrical ones. The slot edges also act as scrapers to prevent the glazing of the surfaces of brake pads. Thus, ensuring optimum performance at all times.
The Major Players in the Market for the Honda Accord and Acura TSX Brake Replacement Kits
R1 Concepts has its headquarters in Cerritos, California, where it has been doing business for more than 15 years. The company has a significant catalog of products for all makes, domestic and foreign brands models from the 1930s to the present. The company has been a major player in the Honda and Acura aftermarket brake pads and rotors. It manufactures its own products.
Detroit Axle has been in the business for more than 30 years already. It has expanded its retail and distribution business of both brand new and remanufactured automotive parts worldwide. Its main office in Detroit serves as the central hub from which global shipments emanate. There is also a new distribution hub in Texas that will support the other parts of the country.
Callahan Brake Parts
Callahan Brake Parts has been involved in the manufacture of brake parts for 20 years already. The company sells various brake parts for most brands, both domestic and import. They are also at the forefront of technological advances in automotive brake parts and kits. Callahan is under the umbrella of Brake Business LLC of Illinois. Callahan Brake Parts has been making Acura TSX Brake Rotors and Honda Accord Brake parts replacement kits for 20 years already. Callahan uses remanufactured or refurbished stock Honda Brake Calipers that feature brand new components, ensuring proper fit and cheaper alternatives.
Honda Accord And Acura TSX Brake Pads And Rotors Tips
Ceramic Accord Brake Pads Benefits
Ceramic Brake Pads have become mainstream in the aftermarket auto industry. Compared to asbestos, they are less toxic. A Motorbiscuit article stated that Ceramic brake pads are also quieter, generate minimal brake dust, sustain a wider range of temperature, and wear longer. Ceramic brake pads are organic in nature, they absorb heat better and can handle temperature changes with ease. This makes them wear better and longer. Ceramics brake pads can also handle rotors that sport newer technology such as slots and holes.
Honda Accord Rotors
- Ventilated Rotors
Brake system maintenance, ventilated disc rotor shown
One of the most common rotor designs is the ventilated discs. These brake rotors are identified by the fins that run along their edges. They are hollow discs with fins that help in heat dissipation. They are the most common amongst automotive manufacturers to date. According to an article in MotorAuthority, Disc rotors in normal driving conditions, usually approach 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This hot temperature needs to be dissipated fast to keep the optimal performance of the rotors. To reduce heat faster, ventilation fins were invented to act as medium for faster heat dissipation and prevent hot spots. Allowing the rotors to cool faster can also make them last a lot longer. Sciencedirect.com, an online magazine, has written that heat dissipation improves by 70% with ventilated discs compared to a solid disc rotor.
- Slotted Rotors
Slotted rotors sport slots along the sides of the discs, the slots then course the generated heat and gases away providing a better cooling process. The slots on the disc surface also help in micro scraping the brake pads to maintain pristine contact between the two surfaces. They also help in dispersing liquids or water away from the discs, thus maintaining and improving performance in any weather condition.
- Drilled Rotors
Some rotors have holes drilled onto them to help in faster heat dissipation. They work in tandem with vents in the brake rotors in protecting the disc itself from high temperatures. They are known to provide faster cooling effects than slotted discs and solid discs because of the way they channel generated gases and brake dust. These gases flow from the surface of the rotors towards and ejected from the vents.
Some brake manufacturers produce rotors that sport a couple of or the three elements together, providing all benefits inherent to each design.
#2 Best Value for Money – Detroit Axle – Front and Rear Drilled Rotors Ceramic Brake Pads Replacement Honda Accord 4 CYL Rear Disc Models
Detroit Axle Brake Replacement Kit for 2001 Honda Accord 4Cyl variant
These OEM replacement kits for Honda Accords will fit on models from 2003 to 2007, except for those variants that have rear drum brakes. The ten piece kit includes Detroit Axle Brake Fluid and a can of Brake and Parts Cleaner. There are four sets of brake assembly replacement kits in the package and, as well as all the other items needed for the installation. Thus, eliminating trips to stores and further delays in installation. All the rotors in this package are cross-drilled, slotted, and ventilated. The brake pads are of ceramic manufacture, virtually eliminating brake dust and noise. Detroit Axle provides a warranty of 10 years on its products.
What We Like:
- Good Looks and Good performance – Many customers commented that the product improves the aesthetics of their cars and enhances performance.
- Ceramic Pads – certainly one of the advantages of the Detroit Axle Honda Brake Pads is that they are ceramic. Customers do find that their brakes make less dust with them.
- Easy to Install – These replacement brake parts are easy to install, and all materials are included in the package already.
- Excellent Price for the Quality of Goods – Many Customers have been grateful that the Detroit Axle brake replacement kits are of excellent quality considering their competitive price.
- Warranty – Detroit axle products have a ten-year warranty, both an attestation to their products, as well as a welcome advantage for customers.
What We Don’t Like:
- Noise – Some customers found them too noisy to their liking and generate grinding noises.
- Limited Application – These Honda Accord brake pads replacement can only be installed on Honda Accords from 2003 to 2007.
What We Think:
Brake pads are one of the most abused parts of the suspension assembly of a vehicle. Having a ten-year warranty is a welcome advantage for customers. With slotted, drilled, and ventilated disc rotors, the Detroit Axle 2007 Honda Accord Brake Pads, and Motors is indeed an excellent choice for stock parts replacement.
#3 The Best 2013 Honda Accord Brake Pads – R1 Concepts Front Rear Silver Zinc Cross Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors Kit + Ceramic Brake Pads CEC4011702
R1 eLine brake replacement kit 2014 Honda Accord or Acura TSX
This Brake Assembly Kit fits the 2013 to 2017 Honda Accord. They are of the same construct as the R1 Concepts units mentioned earlier in the article. The design of the brake disks takes advantage of various heat and gas dissipation techniques to prolong the performance of the products. Incorporated in the rotors are Ventilation Fins, drill holes, and Diamond Cut grooves or slots. All these technologies work together to provide the best performance for customers. Brake Pads are made of Ceramic, significantly reducing dust and noise. The R1 Concepts eLine range of brake rotors come in three colors: black, gold, and silver.
What We Like:
- Easy to Install – Per customer reviews, the R1 Concepts eLine installs easily without modifications. It is also a good fit on all stock components of the brake system of the Honda Accord.
- Innovations – as with the other R1 Concepts model in this comparison, this model also abounds with brake concepts that help better braking performance, such as the Diamond Cut slots, countersink edge holes, and ventilated discs.
- Minimal dust – Reviews indicate that there is minimal dust build-up on the car. Thanks to the ceramic brake pads included in the package.
- Stops when needed – The performance of the Honda Accord Brake Pads and Rotors replacement kit is commended by reviewers. Perfect for daily use cars.
- Good Packaging – Customers were impressed that of the packaging. Orders have arrived with no damages on the replacement kit parts.
What We Don’t Like:
- Brake Dust – Even with the ceramic brake pad, at least one customer has observed an increase in brake dust on his Honda.
- Noise – there were also reports of evident noise when applying the brakes.
- Rotor Warping – some customers have reported that after some use, the disc rotors have warping issues.
What We Think:
This R1 Concepts eLine for the 2013 to 2017 Honda Accord is a solid contender in this category. With the same design concept as the eLine Model CEC4006402, you can be assured of topnotch performance from the replacement kit. Its performance has no issues, and it generates minimal dust particles, owing to its ceramic brake pads. There are minimal but tolerable caveats though. However, the warping issue must be addressed.
#4 Our Choice for Replacement Rear Brakes Brake Pads and Rotors – Callahan CCK02615  REAR Original Calipers +  OE Rotors +  Low Dust Ceramic Brake Pads
Callahan Brake Pads and Rotors with Original Calipers
Undoubtedly the best 2004 Acura TSX brake pads and rotors replacement kit, the Callahan EBYCK00851 Ventilated rotors have a clean surface reminiscent of the stock rotors. Heat dissipation is only thru the ventilation fins sandwiched between rotor surfaces. Ceramic is the material used in manufacturing the included brake pads, allowing minimal production of dust particles when under braking stress. The Callahan replacement kit comes with a 12-month warranty. The replacement kit fits 2003 to 2007 Honda Accords Sedan or Coupe, except the Hybrid Variants. On the Acura side, it is installable only in 2004 to 2007 model years.
What We Like:
- Ventilated Disc Rotors – Excellent for everyday driving, the ventilated rotors of the Callahan are at par with those of stock Honda brakes.
- Fits Good – Customers attest to the quality of the replacement kit, which is at par with stock brake systems. The kit installs well like stock parts on the Honda Accord brake assemblies without any encountered issues.
- Customer Service – Customer Service is one of the reasons many customers have lauded the company. They say that issues have prompt resolutions.
- Value for money – Callahan uses refurbished Original Honda Brake Calipers. The calipers are re-inspected, and their components are all replaced with brand new parts. Thus, ensuring excellent performance at par with stock brake systems.
What We Don’t Like:
- Rust – there is at least one reviewer who experienced oxidation on the rotors.
- Missing Parts – Some customers noticed that their packages did not come with complete parts, prompting some to run to the nearest automotive parts stores for them to finish assembly.
- Limited Fitments – The Callaway Honda Brakes replacement kit can only fit on Honda Accord units from 2003 through 2007 and for the Acura TRX models from 2004 through 2007.
What We Think:
If you have a Honda Accord from 2003 to 2007, the Callahan brake kit is your best bet for replacing stock and worn systems. They are a good fit on the OEM brake mounting of Honda Accords from 2003 to 2007. The ventilated disc rotors have smooth surfaces, just like stocks. Perfect for those who want their drives as simple as possible.
#5 Perfect Fit for 1999 to 2002 Honda Accord V6 Models – Detroit Axle – All (4) Front and Rear Drilled and Slotted Disc Brake Kit Rotors w/Ceramic Pads w/Hardware & Brake Kit Cleaner & Fluid Replacement
Detroit Axle Slotted, Drilled and Vented Rotors for the 1999 Honda v6
As with other brands in this article, Detroit Axle disk rotors arrive coated with zinc. The metal element helps in preventing the formation of rust or corrosion on surfaces with coating. The ventilated rotors are also slotted and drilled. All these help in heat dissipation as well as gas expulsion. The included brake pads are ceramic, minimizing dust and heat production during braking. The package fits the Honda Accord models from 1999 through 2002. As with other Detroit Axle brake replacement kits, they also have a 10-year warranty.
What We Like:
- Zinc Coating – the Zinc coating on the disc rotor prevents rust and corrosion from forming on coated surfaces. The rotors are ventilated discs, slotted, and drilled holes that help maintain the coolness of the brake system.
- Perfect fit – Installing the replacement kits is easy, as attested by reviewers. They easily fit into the OEM mountings or stock Honda brake assemblies.
- Performs Well – A reviewer complimented the brake replacement kit for good performance overall. Detroit Axle Honda Brakes kit stops the car when needed.
- Freebies – the replacement kit by Detroit Axle includes a brake and parts cleaner and brake fluid. You do not need to buy anything anymore for proper installation.
- Warranty – Detroit Brake replacement kits come with ten-year warranties.
What We Don’t Like:
- Limited Compatibility – the Replacement Brake Kits by Detroit Axle install only on Honda Accords with V6 engines from 1998 to 2002.
What We Think:
Stopping a car with a V6 engine employs different dynamics than one with a 4-cylinder engine. The first is that the car engine is heavier, and the second is that the car has more power at its disposal. With these in mind, the Detroit Axle replacement kit for Honda Accord Brake Pads and rotors is a perfect choice. The aftermarket kit fits well, has a zinc coating, performs well, and has a ten-year warranty to boot.
#6 Perfect for that OEM Look Honda Accord Brake Pads and Rotors – Detroit Axle – Front Rear DISC Brake Rotors + Ceramic Brake Pads Replacement for V6 3.0L 1998-2002 Honda Accord – 10pc Set
Detroit Axle Clean Discs for the 1998 Honda Accord V6 model only
The Detroit Axle series brake kit replaces the front and rear brake assemblies of the 1998 to 2002 Honda Accord V6 variant. The rotors are solid, very much like the stock Honda Accord brake rotors. With no slots nor holes, the rotors have a crisscross design pattern to help the included ceramic brake pads sit well. The Ceramic Brake Pads generate minimal dust and heat. This brake replacement kit is for the V6 variant of the Honda Accord only. These rotors have a zinc coating to minimize rust or corrosion.
What We Like:
- Easy to Install – The replacement brake kit is easy to install even for DIYers and fits the stock or OEM mounts of the Honda Accord very well.
- Smooth Braking – Customers have praised the replacement kit for the smooth braking experience. Glitches have not occurred after installation.
- Clean Rotor Surface – The brake rotors only have clean surfaces. They do not have drill holes nor slots. The design is as close to the stock rotors as possible, except for crisscross patterns that help sit the brake pads.
- Zinc coating – helps in preventing the occurrence of oxidation on the discs.
- Warranty – The Honda Accord Brake pads replacement and the disc rotors have a ten-year warranty.
What We Don’t Like:
- Rust – one customer reported that the rotors became rusted after some time.
- Model Limitations – This product only fits on Honda Accords with V6 engines from 1998 to 2002.
What We Think:
This model compares well with Detroit Axle’s other products for the same type of vehicle. Their only difference is that this model does not have drilled rotors and slotted discs. We reckon that the design appeals to the more conservative set who prefer the looks of stock parts on their replacement kits. You will get the same Detroit Axle braking performance with this model, with a ten-year warranty tagging along.
Frequently Asked Questions on Honda Brakes and Acura TSX Brake Pads Replacement Kits
Q: What are the different types of Rotors?
This disc has all three types of rotor technology. (Photo by jae park from Pexels)
There are at least three types of automotive brake rotors. These are the following:
- Ventilated Rotors have ventilation fins sandwiched between the discs. The fins act as cooling fins to aid cool the rotors by dissipating heat generated by brake forces. The ventilated discs have plain or clean surfaces.
- Slotted Rotors have diagonal slots etched on both faces of a rotor. These slots help in moving heat away from both the disc and the pads. They also scrape the brake pad, thus minimizing glazing and increase braking power.
- Drilled rotors have holes drilled into them for gas and heat dissipation, especially with asbestos pads.
- Hybrid Rotors employ all designs in the rotors. They can be combinations of slotted and ventilated rotors.
Nowadays, most manufacturers design their rotors with all three concepts. Here is a YouTube video from Engineering Explained detailing their differences.
Q: What is the advantage of Ceramic Honda Brake Pads Over Asbestos Brake Pads?
Brake pads come in ceramic and asbestos models. However, with environmental and health concerns, the asbestos-type brake pads have generated lots of dust and gas that help in heating the brake assembly. Referencing an article at Bridgestonetires.com, Ceramic brake pads generate minimal dust and gas, and have better temperature management. Thus, diminishing the need for slotted or drilled rotors except for high-performance vehicles. In an article at The Asbestos Institute.com, it was reported that majority of vehicle manufacturers have not used asbestos containing brake pads since the 1990s. Legislations were also introduced that hastened the adoption of ceramic brake pads in the industry.
Q: What are the usual problems associated with Brake Rotors?
Brake rotors are one of the most abused parts of an automobile. One of the most common problems of brake rotors is warping, which means that the surface of the rotors has become uneven due to the pressures of the brake pads. With this condition, the affected rotors will cause your steering wheel to wobble under heavy braking. Wobbling may, in return, affect the other components of the car and cause more damage.
Q: Why are my brakes noisy?
There are a lot of possible causes why your brakes have become noisy overtime. Here are possible causes for the condition:
- Your brake hardware components have become worn-out.
- There are impurities or foreign objects on the brake rotors such as rust, moisture, or even brake dust.
- Riding the brakes for too long or too hard sometimes causes glazing on the surfaces of the brake pads that generate noise such as squeaks.
- Very thin or worn out pads.
Q: Can I pair Brand New and Used Brake Pads?
An absolute no. It is a must that the Brake Pads you install on the vehicle are of the same material and thickness or otherwise, the unmatched pads will not give the optimal performance of a brand new pair. Uneven wear can affect the various other components of the brake system as the calipers and the brake pistons.
To Conclude: Which Honda brake set is ideal for my car?
In this article, we have covered six sets of Brake system replacement kits. All designed for the respective year models of vehicles that shall fit them.
The R1 Concepts eLine series for the Honda Accord and Acura TSX covers most bases to deliver exceptional performance in braking prowess. The hardware included in the package boasts technological advances such as ventilated disc brakes, slotted or grooved surface rotors, and drilled countersink holes. R1 Concepts combined these features with a Zinc coating on the rotors as a precaution against rust or corrosion. The benefits of all these techs combined help in brake dust generation mitigation, heat reduction, and longevity of the brake rotor. The included Ceramic Brake Pads also contribute to the brake system being able to cope with the demands of street and emergency high-stress driving conditions. Ceramic brake pads generate less dust and heat but maintain their gripping power in various braking conditions and weather.
Detroit Axle manufactures brake replacement kits for Honda Accord models from 1998 through 2007. The Accord V6 has a heavier front end than the 4-cylinder version, and this means that it needs Honda Accord rotors and brake pads replacement kits that can handle the different dynamics of the car.
Detroit Axle has a replacement kit for the V6 Honda Accord brake pads OEM. This kit boasts ceramic brake pads designed to counter the additional weight of the V6 engine and adjust to the altered weight distribution of the car.
The Callahan kit is the only one that includes brake calipers in the package. The replacement kit is for those who need to replace their brake calipers. Though the brake calipers are refurbished or remanufactured, they are of Honda origin. Callahan replaced the movable components with brand new parts.
With all that said, whatever variant or year model Honda Accord or Acura TSX you may own, we have the exact product you need to improve the driving dynamics of your Honda or Acura.