The LG G2 is one of the greatest devices from 2013 and even today, there are still many G2 users around. Unfortunately however, LG will not be releasing the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop update to the smartphone but users don’t have to feel down about it.
This is because G2 users can still obtain the Android 5.0 Lollipop and it is now available at XDA. The Lollipop OS is packed inside a custom ROM that has been developed by Rashed97 and it is specifically for the G2 D800, D801, D802, LS980 and VS980 variants.
On the downside of things, the custom ROM is still in its early built so there are a couple of issues with it. Then again, Rashed97 has already promised to roll out the necessary updates and they will free the Android 5.0 Lollipop from any problems.
So, if you are an LG G2 user who fancy getting the ultimate Android 5.0 Lollipop experience, you can now head over to XDA for the custom ROM. Once the ROM, together with Google Apps Package, is downloaded, you can refer to the installation instruction below.
1. Make sure a backup is created and the device is already rooted with CWM. We recommend doing so with NANDROID.
2. A minimum of 50% battery life to ensure no disruption when installation is taking place.
3. CM12 ROM ZIP downloaded for the G2.
4. Google Apps Package downloaded.
1. Transfer both the Custom ROM and Google Apps Package to your G2.
2. Boot device into recovery mode and wipe cache, data and system partition.
3. Flash the CM12 ROM.
4. Then, Flash the Google Apps Package.
5. The G2 should reboot and it will run on the Lollipop OS.