The Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS has been made available for Nexus 5, 6, 7, and 9 devices. Now, it’s time for Nexus 4 owners to enjoy the update on their device as well.
Please bear in mind that this installation is meant for the custom ROM of your Nexus 4 which is not an official ROM released by Google. These are the instructions to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Nexus 4 by Vocoderism:
1. Download and install TWRP and SuperSu.
2. Download the custom Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM by Vocoderism and Google Apps. Save them to root directory of your microSD.
3. Boot your phone into recovery mood by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up + Volume down at the same time until you see the loading screen.
4. Select “wipe” and “Factory reset” when the TWP UI loads or choose “Advanced Wipe” but make sure to select boxes next to Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data and System.
5. When the factory reset is successful, go back to main recovery menu, select “Install” and choose Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM by Vocoderism zip file.
6. Install the Google Apps when the OS is installed by selecting “Install” and choose Google Apple zip file.
7. Reboot your Nexus 4 until it boots into the custom Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM.
Side note: You can check whether your Nexus 4 ROM version is running by going to Settings > About Phone and check the Firmware version.