Table Of Contents
- 1 FORD RANGER BED COVER COMPARISON TABLE
- 2 Buying Guide for Picking the Best Ford Ranger Bed Cover
- 3 Best 3 Ford Ranger Bed Covers
- 3.1 Overall Best Ford Ranger Bed Cover for 2017-2021 models: PowertraxPRO XR Retractable
- 3.2 Best Budget Ford Ranger Bed Cover for 2019-2021 models: Gator Recoil Retractable Truck Bed Cover
- 3.3 Best Ford Ranger Tonneau Cover for 1994 – 2011 models: BAK Folding Truck Tonneau Cover
- 4 Ford Ranger Bed Cover Conclusion
Without bed covers, your car trunk is left bare and your cargo is at risk of exposure to torrents of rain, wind, sunlight, and other climatic factors. If you’re searching for a strong, protective, and durable Ford Ranger bed cover, look no further. These Ford Ranger bed covers provide a reliable shield for your cargo while also securing the bedding of your pickups.
Why you should bother?
Your truck bed is the most abused part of the vehicle, where heavy chunks of loads are hauled into. Most of the loads are abrasive and can cause damages to the smooth bed design. A Ford Ranger Truck Bed cover will secure the trunk, even when there is no cargo inside. They work best when you have installed bed liners inside the truck.
Imagine hauling bags of cement in your truck and catching up with a downpour. Since it’s expedient to have your cargo covered, this post lists six Ford Ranger bed covers suitable for your vehicle.
FORD RANGER BED COVER COMPARISON TABLE
Overall Best Ford Ranger Bed Cover for 2017-2021 models
Fits 2017-2021 Ford F-250/350
This product gives you full control and performance over your Ford Ranger truck.
Best Budget Ford Ranger Bed Cover for 2019-2021 models
Fits 2019 – 2021 Ford Ranger 5′ 1″ Bed (61″)
The ford ranger tonneau cover is stylish and great for keeping cargo out sight if you want to keep items out of sight, it doesn’t really ward off natural elements.
Best Ford Ranger Tonneau Cover for 1994 – 2011 models: BAK Folding Truck Tonneau Cover
Fits 1994 – 2011 Ford Ranger 7′ Bed (84″)
Great product. Recommendation for older Ford makes, but when used as a 2011 Ford Ranger bed cover, corners of bed liner need a little trimming off, so it can fit well
Buying Guide for Picking the Best Ford Ranger Bed Cover
Making the perfect choice of a bed cover is one thing, but knowing what factors to consider in making that choice can be challenging and daunting. Aside from this, how do you maintain your Ford Ranger Tonneau Cover? Do you just leave it strapped on your trunk all-weather, or do you frequently take it off for cleaning?
This guide provides some tips which you can adopt to maintain your Ford Ranger back cover for more durability. In my previous article on types of Ford Ranger bed covers, I did outline the gains of having your vehicle trunk and cargo protected against scratches, hailstorms, rain, bird droplets, and every other outdoor or indoor damage. Your truck bed isn’t going to stay covered all season. You need to know how to unstrap the stuff and safely keep the same, especially when you’re not hauling cargoes about.
But before we switch into that, let’s discuss what you need to consider before placing an order for the Ford ranger hard tonneau cover you think is suitable for your truck.
Ford Ranger covers come in many varieties, most of which make use of different types of materials. These include vinyl, fiberglass, alloy, and others. This gives you options of going for one with a rack system for easy haulage or one with kayaks embedded in it.
These Ford Tonneau covers give different levels of security to your truck bed. Hence, a canvass tonneau cover won’t perform similarly to vinyl or polymer. In all, it is advisable to purchase a snappy, retractable bed cover for your Ford Ranger.
The best bed cover is one with high resistance to rain, UV, winds, and any other corrosive element. Soft tonneau covers won’t do that magic. Hence, you should look out for stock, durable cover materials.
Always go for a truck cover you can use with other accessories like truck anchors to firmly secure the stake hole of the bed. Also, tie-down anchors will secure your cargo in one place all through the drive. Usually, low-profile tonneau covers with bull rings will do the magic for you. Avoid Ford Ranger Bed covers that block the openings of holes in the truck railings. Avoid stuff that will crack a trace of pressure from oversized cargo when covered.
These are mostly the ‘easily wear and tear’ materials that don’t augur durability. Go for something with moveable parts. These will require occasional oiling. Mostly, these are the retractable bed covers. These sort of Ford Ranger truck bed covers have the least maintenance culture to worry your head over.
Extreme heat and other natural elements can have subtle but destructive effects on some vinyl bed covers. These types dare not be exposed to UV rays or heat from the sun. Hence, it is pertinent to choose wisely.
Best 3 Ford Ranger Bed Covers
The ford ranger bed hardcover has a low profile make, mar up of a first-layer that serves as flush and the bed cover. The latter enhances its overall outlook, providing a stable, firm coverage that keeps the bedding moist free.
Other notable features include:
- Freight management paired with a Rail system to handle whatever load is put on the trunk.
- It is electrically controlled: with the key-fob remote, the bed cover rolls in and out by merely pressing a button.
- It’s fitted with a magnetic brake that can lock it at any point it rolls to.
- It has high versatility, making it fit with most T-slot accessories like Rhino.
- Durability: The retractable ranger cover is a powder fabricated product that can support tons of squarely distributed loads.
- The product has a premium 3year warranty on it.
- It gives truck beds a nice storage look
- Cover can be locked at any rail point to secure cargo
- Rapid responsive customer care
- Instructions disorderly and ambiguous, difficult to follow
- Drilling to mount a bracket is difficult when the vehicle ranger has a bedrug installed
- No superb craftsmanship
- Some holes are too tight for screws and sloppily drilled
This product gives you full control and performance over your Ford Ranger truck.
The product is a retractable Tonneau cover, ford Rangers, and other models are compatible with it. It has a low-profile design, aiding the stylistic make of the truck. It is an easy installation bed cover, doesn’t require drilling. It takes roughly half an hour to strap the rails into place, then adjusts the cover appropriately. Its unique locking allows you to carry different cargo sizes anytime.
Other Features are
- Its resilient alloy slats make the ranger tonneau cover resistant to Ultraviolet rays and Scratches
- Matte Black coated texture that gives unique protection for your cargo
- Versatility to haul any cargo size, with its scroll and lock-in feature
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty
- An appealing design and relatively affordable
- It weighs lighter than most bed covers
- It can easily be put on and off at will
- Not really designed for Ford models specified by the makers.
- Covers are not completely water-resistant due to the faulty fitting
- Mostly works on vehicles with bed liner
- It is not a suitable 2020 Ford Ranger bed cover
The ford ranger tonneau cover is stylish and great for keeping cargo out sight if you want to keep items out of sight. It doesn’t ward off natural elements. Our Review of other Ford Ranger Bed Covers
The BAK is a foldable tonneau cover for Ford Ranger reinforced with fiberglass polymer. This custom design gives it a solid alloy core within and a tough but lightweight look outside. It flips right to the extreme back, giving ample space for more cargo. It features a unique hinging support. This product keeps the bed of your Ford Ranger hard-covered and secured against all harsh weather conditions. You get the ease of mind when your cargo is dry all the way.
- Its panel is strapped to an auto latching support. You can easily open The by adjusting the strings on each side to free the latches and roll the covers.
- Its Fiberglass (FRP) design makes it highly resistant to damage.
- It can be installed with a socket and spanner, which calls for no much drilling
- The cover is fitted with struts, which enables safe driving while your back is open
- Though not waterproof, it provides extra protection and seems more resilient
- Every part of the cover fits nicely
- Easy usability and can deal with highway drives while the tonneau is up!
- Hardware bag poorly arranged, not aligned with the instructions
- Top rails that connect the cab and bed nearly has no space to affix rubber tube with fingers.
- Installation requires two persons: one to apply pressure atop the side rails while another tightens the clamps.
Great recommendation for older Ford makes, but when used as a 2011 Ford Ranger bed cover, corners of bed liner need a little trimming off, so it can fit well.
Ford Ranger Bed Cover Conclusion
In any case, the best Ford bed cover should be one that can be folded up easily and also fits the truck back perfectly. This is to ensure the cargoes are safe and secured while you’re concentrating on the road.
To give you the best value, we have done our research to give you the most durable, protective, and reliable Ford Ranger bed covers. So, give your floor bed the right protection with the product most suitable for your car, and your taste. Also, ensure you go through the buyer’s guide to make the best buying decision.