Table Of Contents
- 0.1 Lighting the Dark with Toyota Tacoma Aftermarket Headlamps
- 0.2 Here are the two best for a start:
- 0.3 Comparison Table for Toyota Tacoma Aftermarket Headlamps
- 0.4 The Best 2012 to 2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlights
- 0.5 Best for Modern Upgrade of 2011 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights
- 0.6 Brands on Top List
- 1 Aftermarket Toyota Tacoma Custom Headlights You Should Not Miss
- 1.1 Our Choice for the model 2019 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights
- 1.2 Best Choice of Complete Headlights and Taillights Set for the Early Second-Generation Models
- 1.3 Our Choice for Best Upgrade to Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights
- 1.4 Best Aftermarket Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Headlights for 2016 to 2021 models
- 1.5 Our choice for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights.
- 1.6 The Best for Stealthy Smoke Lens 2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlights
- 2 Some tips to remember when buying aftermarket headlights
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 In Conclusion, The LED Headlights for Toyota Tacoma You do not want to Miss
Lighting the Dark with Toyota Tacoma Aftermarket Headlamps
In 1994, Toyota Motors introduced its compact pickup truck named Tacoma to the market. From the year 2005, however, Toyota redesigned and increased the overall dimensions of the Toyota Tacoma. This move allowed the reclassification of the Tacoma to a mid-size pickup truck. The increase in size has become one of the factors that Tacoma has gained favor with the market. It has become so popular that since 2005, and with sales rising every year, the model has sold more than 2.5 million examples. The Toyota Tacoma has earned a good reputation in various industries as a reliable partner in the business. The off-road community also accorded the Toyota Tacoma affection beyond the usual. The Toyota Tacoma, known for durability, reliability, and toughness, has helped it become one of the best-selling trucks in its class. This status has triggered a robust industry for Tacoma aftermarket parts which developed further through the years.
Many Toyota Tacoma aftermarket headlights were developed and designed to enhance or improve its looks and capabilities. There are now several manufacturers and retailers which offer a variety of Tacoma headlamps.
In this comparison, we have curated for you eight Toyota Tacoma Custom Headlights we deem to be the best in their category. They are from different manufacturers and resellers. The headlights in this review stand to improve the aesthetics of Tacoma, modernize its front fascia, and enhance its capabilities in the dark.
Here are the two best for a start:
The Best 2012 to 2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlights: AlphaRex® Luxx Series. 2012-2015 Tacoma LED Projector Headlights in Black for both Driver and Passenger
Best for Modern Upgrade of 2011 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights: MODIFY STREET Alpharex Pro Series Tacoma Projector Headlights in Black Cladding; Left and Right Assembly Replacement Headlights
Comparison Table for Toyota Tacoma Aftermarket Headlamps
The Best 2012 to 2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlights
The best for the Tacoma produced from 2012 to 2015, these LED Headlights, while enhancing the front fascia of the Toyota Tacoma, are compliant with SAE, DOT, and FMVSS specifications, as well as ISO-9000, ISO-9001, and ISO-9002 compliant. The headlights are also thoroughly inspected before shipping. The Luxx Series has one projector headlamp in the middle of the assembly that functions as a low beam and high beam lamp. A LED bar surrounds the projector lamp and runs around the perimeter of the headlights. The LED bar can act as a DRL and sequential turn signal. To help you have an easy installation experience, AlphaRex has included all the hardware needed, including the wire harness and the LED bulbs. The headlights can be adjusted manually, as they have both vertical and horizontal adjusters.
- Easy Installation in a truly plug-and-play process since the package already contains all the necessary hardware. The wire harness also ensured a proper wiring installation.
- The compliance with various regulatory specifications ensures that the product is within industry standards, providing a long time of service.
- The AlphaRex Luxx Series improves the front fascia of the 2015 Toyota Tacoma further, and the LED DRLs/Turn Signals help modernize an outdated look.
- There is no need to modify the Toyota Tacoma Body or the headlamp housing to install the AlphaRex Luxx Series Headlamps.
- The projector is far from the bulbs to prevent possible melting of the lenses.
- There is no installation instruction literature in the shipped package.
Best for Modern Upgrade of 2011 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights
Exclusively made as replacements for the 2005 to 2011 Toyota Tacoma Headlights, the AlphaRex Pro-Series marketed by Modify Street sets a modern transformation for the otherwise older generation Toyota Tacoma. The headlights, packaged as a pair, sports perimeter LED lights that also double as DRLs and Turn Signals. AlphaRex has also ensured that these headlights are compliant with various certifications and regulations from SAE, DOT, and ISO. For the consumers, certifications and strict compliance to government regulations are an indication that AlphaRex products submit to high-quality industry standards.
The headlamp accepts H7 type halogen bulbs. The lens is Polycarbonate Plastic, and the headlamp housing material is lightweight Polypropylene Plastic. The Pro Series is a plug-and-play aftermarket headlamp with ready connectors. It has adjusters for both low and high beams at the back of the headlamp assembly. Exhaust ports help regulate the inside temperature.
- The DRL lights bars add a modern touch to the 2005 to 2011 models of the Toyota Tacoma truck.
- Improves the front facia of the year 2005 to 2011 Toyota Tacoma.
- Excellent illumination with both high and low beams, the light pattern illuminates a wide area.
- The Pro Series 2011 Toyota Tacoma Headlights have adjustment levers for finetuning the light beams.
- AlphaRex customer service is excellent and can resolve issues quickly.
- Plug and play for model 2011 Toyota Tacoma headlights with stock DRLs.
- Owners of Toyota Tacoma variants with no stock DRL will need to purchase a converter.
- For those who are not automotive savvy, professional headlight installation is best.
Brands on Top List
AlphaRex designs and manufactures aftermarket automotive products. It has been in business for more than 20 years already. The company is in the business of designing and manufacturing aftermarket headlights for various makes. The company is a leader in innovating and adapting modern technology for even old vehicle models. The company makes sure that its products are high quality and fit like OEMs. This philosophy shows their commitment to standards set by prestigious organizations such as SAE, DOT, and ISO compliance. With the company headquarters in California, the company aims to keep abreast with the trends in its target market.
Modify Street is an aftermarket automotive accessory company operating since 2003. It is involved in designing and selling aftermarket products such as vehicle seats, lighting fixtures, and automobile spoilers. It also retails AlphaRex lighting products.
Aftermarket Toyota Tacoma Custom Headlights You Should Not Miss
Our Choice for the model 2019 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights
This Amerilite 2022 Toyota Tacoma Headlight product fits the latest iteration of the Tacoma, from the model year 2016 to the current year. The headlamps are suitable for most variants of the Tacoma from the said year models, but only for those having stock DRLs. The package comes with all the needed hardware for an easy installation process. Watching instructions videos online can help, however. The headlamps by Amerilite exceed the standards set by SAE & DOT. Made to fit like stock parts, their design patterns with the OEMs as standards. Amerilite exceeds standards with UV protection coating on all its headlamps, thus allowing longer-lasting products to serve the Tacoma owner. The design of the headlights consist of two main lamps, one for high beam and the outer lamp is for low beam. The turn signal, also LED, is on the inner part of the assembly.
- Plug and Play installation process, with the adapter and wire already included in the package.
- The headlights are as bright as the OEMs, bringing a new level of newness and freshness to the Toyota Tacoma.
- The packaging ensures safety to its contents.
- The model 2016 Toyota Tacoma Headlights by Amerilite are protected against harmful UV rays, providing long-lasting service to the truck owners.
- Switchback allows utilization of LEDs as DRLs or Signal Lights.
- The headlights come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, coupled with 90 days of limited warranty.
- The LED surround lights are not as bright as the OEM LEDs. Thus, visibility may be compromised.
- The Amerilite is compatible with Toyota Tacomas with stock LED DRLs only.
- The light adjuster can fail to work, likewise with the high and low beams.
Best Choice of Complete Headlights and Taillights Set for the Early Second-Generation Models
AKKON 2005 to 2011 Toyota Tacoma Headlights – Black Bezel Projector Headlights and LED Taillight Combo
Akkon is a company engaged in designing and manufacturing automotive lighting aftermarket products since 2015. The featured headlights and taillights combo from Akkon fits the Toyota Tacoma models that ushered a reclassification of the truck from a compact to a mid-size model. This combination tends to synchronize the design language of both your headlamps and taillamps. These Akkon Toyota Tacoma Halo Headlights are direct replacements of the OEM headlights and taillights. The round projector lamps separate the low and high beams. LED lights surrounding both lamps lend to that premium car feel.
- The headlamps fit as OEMs do. Truck owners need not modify the truck body or the Akkon headlamps for proper fit and product installation.
- The headlights and taillights combo in the package are within OEM standards.
- This package makes both the Tacoma Headlights and Taillights complement each other.
- There is a 90-day window for a limited warranty, starting from the date of product shipment.
- The packaging contains no lightbulbs.
- The package contains no installation literature. It is best to have the headlights and taillights installed by professionals.
- Some wiring needs to be done by professionals. It is not easy for those who are not electronics savvy.
- The headlamps can arrive with some damage to the lens.
Our Choice for Best Upgrade to Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights
AmeriLite for 2016-2022 Toyota Tacoma SR SR5 w/o LED DRL Tube Quad Projector Black Replacement Headlight Assembly Pair – Passenger and Driver Side.
Specially designed for the Toyota Tacoma SR and SR5 models, the Amerilite Tube Quad Projector Headlights fit these models because of their lack of stock LED DRLs. The halo LED lights do not function as Daylight Running Lights. They turn on only when the parking light is on. These 2020 Toyota Tacoma Headlights still deserve notice because they post an alternative to the stock look of the OEM headlights. Clear plastic envelopes the chrome-less housing of the headlights. Surrounding the two projector lights is a led bar light like a halo. The LED halo light does not function as a DRL but only for Parking and Driving lights. The LED amber signal light is on the inner portion of the headlight. The low beam and the high beam are in separate housings, with the low beam taking the outermost position. The backside of the headlight assembly is clean and uncluttered, with connectors already provided for easy headlight installation.
- This unit is for a vehicle without factory LED DRL function. The LED bar is running light only and does not have a switchback.
- The Amerilite headlights come with 30 days money-back guarantee and 90 days of limited warranty.
- Modifications are not necessary during headlight installation. The Amerilite 2019 Toyota Tacoma headlights fit like OEM.
- The LED component improves vehicle visibility, especially at night and during harsh weather conditions.
- The LED Bar of the Amerilite functions only as a Parking or Driving light and is not a DRL or a Daytime Running Light.
- Check replacement bulbs first, whether halogen or LED, for proper fit and assembly.
- The package does not contain bulbs.
- There is no installation literature included in the package.
Best Aftermarket Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Headlights for 2016 to 2021 models
VIPMotoZ [Switchback+Sequential Turn Signal] For 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD/Limited Pickup Truck LED DRL Headlamp Model Black Quad Projector Headlight Assembly
VIPMotoZ has been in the business of aftermarket automotive lighting since 2010 and has dedicated staff to handle customer inquiries. They also have a 30-day return policy. VIPMotoZ retails these LED DRL Headlamps with quad projector headlights. These headlights are compatible with and use the existing wiring harness of your truck. The DRL surrounds the low beam and the high beam lamps. The LED surround acts as a DRL and sequential turn signal as needed, going from white to amber. The turn signal is the upper portion of the LED light bar. The lower part stays on as a DRL.
Truck owners do not need to make modifications and rewirings to install the VIPMOTOZ 2017 Toyota Tacoma Headlights. The headlights are designed to be plug and play, easily bolt-on like OEMs, mountings, wirings, and all. They also have manual headlight adjusters at the back. To prevent deterioration of the lens, VIPMOTOZ applies three coatings to their lenses against road debris, UV rays, and harsh weather conditions.
- VIPMOTOZ headlights for the Tacoma install easily on EOM mounts. They also have wiring sockets that easily plug in OEM harnesses.
- They have helpful customer service.
- The headlights arrive with bulbs already, and there is no need to buy new ones.
- The high beam appears to be brighter than the stock high beam, allowing more visibility at night.
- The LED DRLs are a little dimmer than the OEMs, though not very significantly.
- These can be installed only on a Toyota Tacoma with stock DRL.
Our choice for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights.
The last model years of the second-generation Toyota Tacoma from 2012 saw a refresh of the Tacoma’s front fascia. This move by Toyota introduced new headlights, front bumper, and hood. Amerilite designed the C-Type Switchback headlight assembly as aftermarket replacements for model years 2012 to 2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlights. Designed to upgrade the looks of the 2012 Toyota Tacoma to its 2015 model year, the headlights incorporate LED lights. LED lights bring a modern interpretation of the OEM 2014 Toyota Tacoma headlights. Shaped like the letter C, the LED light bars serve as running lights and turn signals. The DRL LEDs help maintain visibility to oncoming traffic and pedestrians. A LED light strip around the perimeter surrounds the single projector lens that houses the single bulb for low and high beams. The upper LED is also a turn signal. The Amerilite replacement headlight is SAE and DOT compliant, thus ensuring the quality of the product.
- Fitment is exemplary for the 2012 to 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
- Replaceable bulbs, the headlights can fit H9 bulbs.
- Tacoma owners can adjust the throw of the beams with the proper tools. The Amerilite headlights come equipped with adjustment ports at the back.
- The product can arrive with some packaging damage.
The Best for Stealthy Smoke Lens 2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlights
Sometimes a smoke lens headlight can provide more character to the Toyota Tacoma. They lend a stealthy and premium vibe to an otherwise ordinary headlight. The Instyleparts smoke lens headlights install on OEM mounts. In this model, the single headlamp is flanked by a LED light DRL Strip, and the signal light is on a separate module, independent of the LED strip and headlights. These Instyleparts headlights have horizontal and vertical adjusters for precise redirection of light beams.
- Truck owners are happy with the easy installation job because there is no need for adjustments or modifications of the mounting.
- Connectors are already integrated with the assembly to provide an easy installation process.
- There are two adjusters for horizontal and vertical orientation that allow more control in directing the headlights.
- Installation of headlights is relatively easy, but the recommendation is to seek help from professional installers.
- The headlights are only installable in Toyota Tacomas from 2012 to 2015.
- The smoke lens can dim the headlights’ power; illumination of dark ways can be compromised.
- There are no installation instructions in the package.
- Truck owners should use their stock bulbs since the package does not include the said items.
Some tips to remember when buying aftermarket headlights
- Double-check on the description of the headlights to ensure compatibility.
- Read online reviews to help you reach a favorable decision.
- LED DRLs help you become more visible at night or in inclement weather. They consume less energy too than conventional bulbs.
- It is also advisable to buy headlights that are equally bright or even brighter than OEM.
- A product with a guarantee and a warranty can save you from unnecessary expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are DRLs on Toyota Tacoma Aftermarket Headlights?
A: Also known as Daytime Running Lights, DRLs turn on as you start the truck’s engine. DRLs serve to make your vehicle more visible during the daytime and in harsh conditions, especially to drivers in the opposing lane or to oncoming traffic. There are reports that DRLs helped reduce and mitigate head-on collisions and other accidents. DRLs are not new in the industry; Finland was the first to require motorists to install and use DRLs in 1972.
Q: Why do I need to replace my 2005 Toyota Tacoma Headlights?
A: Like other exposed components of a vehicle exposed to sunlight, UV rays, and inclement weather, headlights also lose their luster and transparency. A cloudy headlight will affect your driving at night or in harsh weather due to improper or dim illumination of the road ahead. Cleaning them with chemicals is all but a temporary solution since the discoloration will come back in about a month. There are many Toyota Tacoma Custom Headlights you can choose from, and an example is the AlphaRex® Luxx Series, an aftermarket replacement for the 2012 to 2015 Toyota Tacoma Headlights.
Q: Can I use my old bulbs on the new Toyota Tacoma Headlights?
A: If the new headlights you have purchased were designed to the specifications and standards of the OEMs, there is a big chance that you will be able to transfer your existing bulbs to the new headlights, except for the LEDs, which might not be compatible at all.
Q: What are LEDs?
A: LEDs, alternately known as Light Emitting Diodes, are semiconductor light sources that can last at least ten years. LEDs are lightweight, emit lesser heat, but shine brighter than other conventional or incandescent lightbulbs, making them ideal for automotive applications. They also consume much less power than the stock bulbs.
Q: Can I install the 2013 Toyota Tacoma Headlights myself?
A: Replacement headlights are relatively easy to install because they use the same mounts as the OEM headlights. Most aftermarket headlights also have wire harnesses of OEM standards, making them plug-and-play assemblies. There are also online video tutorials truck owners can use as guides in installing their aftermarket headlights. A word of caution is that a truck owner must check on the aftermarket headlights and truck model compatibility before purchase. Sometimes though, if you are not so inclined to DIY stuff, a professional installation is recommended.
In Conclusion, The LED Headlights for Toyota Tacoma You do not want to Miss
The Toyota Tacoma has had its fair share of aftermarket goods available for its owners. OEM replacement Toyota Tacoma headlights have become popular in the aftermarket parts industry. Many Toyota Tacoma units from the earlier years now need headlight replacements because cloudy headlights refurbishing is not enough to mitigate the deterioration.
Previously seen only in premium and luxury makes, aftermarket headlights manufacturers have also included LED technology to upgrade and modernize their products. Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights are now prevalent in the market because of the benefits of LED. LEDs can be applied as DRLs, Turn signals, and even as headlights. The AlphaRex 880751 Luxx-Series Tacoma LED Projector Headlights present a compelling reason to upgrade or modernize your truck. It is a well-designed headlights replacement incorporating the latest LED lighting technology. The Alpharex Luxx Series provides good lighting when needed, during nighttime, and in harsh weather conditions. Its incorporated DRLs assure the truck owner of high visibility from oncoming traffic and pedestrians. Made of high-grade plastics and engineered to meet or exceed OEM standards, these 2014 Toyota Tacoma LED headlights can serve you for a long time. These Alpharex headlights are compliant with the stringent requirements of various government agencies, such as SAE and DOT. Furthermore, they also boast ISO certifications.
Alpharex also has an aftermarket headlight replacement for the early versions of the Second-Generation Toyota Tacoma, released from 2005 to 2015. The Alpharex Pro-Series marketed by Modify Street fits the 2005 to 2011 Toyota Tacoma models. The 2011 Toyota Tacoma LED Headlights made by Alpharex have gone thru the same manufacturing process as the Alpharex Luxx Series. They are also compliant with the same set of regulations as the latter. The compliance assures a long service life and a well-illuminated road ahead.