Table Of Contents
- 1 In a hurry?
- 2 Comparison of Camaro Car Covers
- 3 Best Two Camaro Car Covers
- 4 Our Review of other Camaro Car Covers
- 4.1 Best for UV Protection – Coverking Amor Fitted Car Cover
- 4.2 Best Durable Car Cover – Budge Indoor Car Cover
- 4.3 Best Protective Car Cover – Camaro Ultra-protective Car Cover
- 4.4 Best Indoor Car Cover – SR1 Grand Sport Ultraguard Satin Car Cover
- 4.5 Best Camaro Car Cover for 1967-1969 models – CoverMaster Camaro Stretchy Car Cover
- 5 Buyers Guide
- 6 How to Maintain your Camaro car Covers
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Conclusion
In this guide, we offer an in-depth Camaro car cover review. You’ll find a review of seven car covers for Chevy Camaro vehicles, a guide on how to maintain your car covers, a buyer’s guide to help you make a buying decision, and lastly, an FAQ section that answers some of your most pressing questions.
Good cars are expensive. And, maintaining a car comes with additional expenses. However, you can avoid further expenses by getting some protective gear for your car. You can start giving your car more protection by getting car cover.
Why car covers?
Bird droppings, sun, hail, and other contaminants can damage your vehicle’s paint job. According to CarandDriver, a good paint job costs between $1000 to $3500. You can save money by getting a suitable Chevy Camaro car cover.
That said, let’s get right into the review.
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our top two picks for you:
- Best Car Cover for Hail Protection: CAR1 Camaro Hail Protector Car Cover
- Best Budget Car Cover for 2011-2015 Chevy Camaro: Chevrolet 2013 Camaro Car Cover
Best Car Cover for Hail Protection – Camaro Hail Protector Car Cover
Protect your four-wheel ride from boisterous hailstorms with this super textile car cover. The hail protector is a great Chevy Camaro car cover system that features unique features such as alerts, forecasts, and a remote controlling kit that prevents hail storms from ruining your car exterior.
The hail protector has an aerodynamic build-up combined with an interlaced volume-driven system for air, which equips it with the agility to withstand extreme weather conditions. This makes the product among the best Camaro car covers money can buy. You can install the car cover with ease. It usually takes about 5-8 minutes to get your car protected from dirt, bird droppings, hail, etc.
- Hailstorm/ wind protector
- Easy installations
- Beautifully woven textile design
- Fits suitably in the garage
- Value for money
- MobileApp for live storm promptings
- Faulty equipment
- Cinch string being sewed into the fabric
- Easily blown off by strong winds
- poor customer service
- low-quality textile
- Tightening setup needs to be well fitted
- Stressful to put on and off.
Highly recommended for Chevy Camaro Coupes.
Best Budget Car Cover for 2011-2015 Chevy Camaro – Chevrolet 2013 Camaro Car Cover by General Motors
This is a suitable 2013 Camaro car cover for Convertibles. It fits the 2011-2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertibles, offering waterproof and breathable outdoor coverage. It is designed with a customized curvy stretch that fits the car’s contours perfectly. Weighing just eight pounds, the striped product is one of the best Camaro cars your money can buy. It was first released in May 2012.
- Nicely designed cover
- Good prices and guaranteed satisfaction
- First-rate quality and perfect fit
- Long-lasting covers
- Designed with front and rear elastic bands
- It is weatherproof with reflective polyester material and polyurethane coating.
- Watershed immediately it touches the cover.
- The product doesn’t have a cable lock
- Only made for convertibles
- Though it is of high quality, the high price is a turn off for most
mainly designed to Fit 2011 SS and 2013 convertible. Also, it is a suitable 2011 Camaro Convertible car cover.
Best for UV Protection – Coverking Amor Fitted Car Cover
This product is for distinct Chevy Camaro Models. It is a Polyester tailored piece of ingenuity suitable for heavy-duty outdoor and indoor protection. Coverking’s custom-made Armor provides excellent protection with its three-layered fabric material, creating a formidable cover against UV rays, water, dust, or animal waste and pollutants.
The product is a suitable 2016 Camaro car cover fabricated from breathable polyester textiles. It eliminates moisture beneath the cover, fitted with delicate fleece lining to ensure gentle encasement around the car’s exteriors. Coverking Camaro car covers are made to the distinct specs of your four-wheel drive, tailored with antenna and mirror pockets. It’s the best Camaro car cover of your specs. Also, if you’re in search of a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS car cover, Coverkings serves as a great fit for your car.
- Superior polyester Material
- In-house engineers and textile mill to design own stringent car cover fabrics
- Suitable outdoor/indoor Cover
- UV Tested breathable design, keeps condensation off.
- Truly Custom Fitted
- Delicately engineered for durability and aesthetics
- Rapid & Easy to install with quick installations manual
- Smooth material but lacks a more delicate and soft lining inside.
it’s recommended for 2016 Camaro models
Best Durable Car Cover – Budge Indoor Car Cover
This is another best Camaro car cover, an exotic stretchy car cover mostly for indoor use. It’s tailored with a fine inner liner, a breathable and anti-dust car cover. What makes the Budge brand stand out is its stretchy, thin and lightweight characteristic. The product is made for long-lasting storage and vehicles parked in the garage. Budge stretchy indoor cover is a suitable 2002 Camaro car cover due to its thick but lightweight fabric. It protects your car against indoor damages of all kinds.
The material is silky and soft to touch. It accentuates every contour of the vehicle, best custom-fitted. The non abrasive material doesn’t bruise your car. It’s manufactured for proper airflow. It ensures durability too. Its elasticated folds secure the cover in place. Fits other brands like Mustang, Honda Civic, Chevrolet Corvette, and Ford Thunderbird. It weighs 9.25 pounds.
- Delicate inner linings
- well fabricated
- indoor usage
- keeps away dust
- Nice value for money
- Good quality and interior storage
- Don’t expect protection against hurricanes
- Not best for outside use
- it is not water-proof
- Doesn’t cover the entire car firmly.
- Dust fragments were still seen underneath the cover
We recommend this Budge indoor stretch car cover for Chevrolet Camaro 1967 – 2003, and other vehicles with size 3, of 16.8.”
Best Protective Car Cover – Camaro Ultra-protective Car Cover
This is a black Camaro car cover with red Stripes, made of stretchy satin fabric. It is a vehicle-specific cover suitable for West Coast Camaro cars. The 2010 Camaro SS car cover is a luxurious product that snugly fits your ride, further accentuating its curves. Also, it’s a suitable Camaro Zl1 car cover.The product is made of breathable stuffy fabric to keep off dew and dust, with soft interior lining layers that protect the car’s delicate exterior.
It’s a newly designed, superior, and best Camaro car cover with few seams that stand out above other monotone covers. The custom-fitted stretchy material ensures there are no wrinkles or sags when your car is covered. The 7.88pounds weight product comes with a one-year warranty.
- Soft interior layer
- Fewer worries about scratches
- Perfectly packaged and easy installation
- Easily stretched over car antenna
- Not tight, doesn’t cover the whole Vehicle, mostly tires
- No pocket for mirrors and antennas
- stripes aren’t straight in some parts of the cover
Highly recommended for 6th generation Camaro vehicles, including the 2018 zl1 Camaro, but only suitable for indoor usage. Although the Ultra-protective car fits 2010-2014 Camaro vehicles, it has proven to be a much better car cover for 2010 Camaro models.
Best Indoor Car Cover – SR1 Grand Sport Ultraguard Satin Car Cover
This ultra-light satin chevy Camaro car cover is designed to ensure breathability and protection from moisture or indoor damage. The stretchy material allows for visibility of your car’s contours and also protects from dust and debris. It’s made with soft, durable satin, which ensures it doesn’t tear easily. It’s made of fewer hems, the fine inner lining that falls in place when you cover your car. Also, it is a suitable car cover for 2017 Camaro models
It is a machine washable silk material, though most people prefer washing it while it’s covering their car. The front labels make it easy to install. Start stretching from the front backward. The Camaro cover comes with a 1-year warranty. The Ultraguard Satin car cover also serves remarkably well as a 2015 Camaro car cover.
- fits easily
- Grand and sporty design
- storage bag
- looks attractive
- Not very thick
- It probably offers less protection from direct impacts
- Overdue delivery date in most orders
- falls a little below, leaves the bottom of the wheel bare
- not water-proof
Suitable for Camaro 2014-2019 models. Mostly for indoor use. To be more specific, it is highly recommended as a great 2015 Camaro car cover.
Best Camaro Car Cover for 1967-1969 models – CoverMaster Camaro Stretchy Car Cover
This Chevrolet Camaro car cover is insured with a durable layered ultra-soft fabric. It is one of the best Camaro car covers that gently snug the entire car, guarding its finish against domestic damages, pets, or scratches. Its seams are made of long-lasting overlapping, double stitches. It’s easily installable in under 30 seconds. There’s also an antenna patch, a storage pack, and a lifetime warranty on the product. Old models of Chevy vehicles still get protection with this 1967 Camaro car cover.
- Fits snugly
- Double sewn seams
- A year’s fabric warranty
- Indoor usage
- Not thick
It is a suitable 1969 Camaro car cover, with good fittings for older models made in 1967.
Making the right choice for your Camaro car cover is one thing, but knowing what factors to consider in making that choice can be challenging and daunting. Aside from this, how do you maintain your Camaro car cover? Do you just fold it up in your trunk till the next rainy day? This guide provides some tips which will save you huge expenses on car covers.
Our previous article on the best Camaro car covers outlines the benefits of having your vehicles protected against scratches, hailstorms, rain, bird droplets, and every other outdoor and indoor damage. Your car isn’t going to remain covered all season. You’ll need to grasp how to fold and keep the fragile textile from harmful chemicals and dangerous surfaces to extend its lifespan. But before we switch into that, let’s ascertain what you need to consider before placing an order for the best Camaro car cover you think is suitable for your vehicle.
This is the core function of every car cover. While dirt, dust, and debris may seem harmless, the long-term effects of their presence on vehicles’ surfaces act as sandpapers and can result in tiny scratches, which become visible over time.
While having a cover that prevents every ounce of water from touching your car’s exterior is pleasant, it is also demeriting. A watertight cover doesn’t allow moist evaporation from the surface, which is threatening to paintwork and can cause corrosion, rust, or mildew. Breathable covers allow quick evaporation of moisture and a best Camaro car cover against internal damages.
Extreme UV rays will damage not only your car’s paint job but also the upholstery, dashboard, and other delicate surfaces inside. Most car covers give resistance against these, but all protection isn’t equal. Covers made of reflective fabrics protect your car more from UV and fading. These reflective materials also keep the interiors cooler.
Both types of covers are suitable for your ride, but a custom-fit Camaro car cover is more expensive and would probably fit more than the other, especially if your ride is a special edition or vintage. Also, custom-fit covers are sewn to compliment your Camaro’s curves and come with pockets for the mirror and antenna. Other criteria to note before buying car covers are; the durability of the fabric used and the warranty/ return policy on the product.
Your Camaro car cover is synthetic, like every other fabric, and needs to be laundered and kept safe for continued performance and longevity. Here’s a couple of tips to set you in motion to give the cover water resistance maintenance it requires;
First, you have to wash the car cover. You either do this by hand or use a laundry machine. However, most car covers come with instructive techniques on how to go about them, be sure to check this out. If you’re washing by hand, you will need;
- Mild soap or detergent and water
- hose and buckets,
- sponge or soft rag, and
- drying line
- Stretch the cover over the car till all wrinkles disappear
- Fill up the bucket and add detergent
- Connect a hose to tap and spray the cover to eliminate all debris
- Dip rag or sponge in foamy water and scour the cover
- Spray with the hose again more than once to rinse off the suds
- Turn over the flip side of the cover and repeat the same procedures
- When done, take it off and hang it on a drying line
When washing your Camaro car cover by machine, the tools you’ll need are
- A mild soap or detergent,
- Sizable front-loading washing machine (a laundromat type)
How to: first, you need to check the underside tag to be sure if your Camaro car cover is a laundry-type
- Apply a suitable amount of soap or detergent in the washer and add a proportionate level of water
- Be sure the soap has dissolved properly, then put the cover inside the washer
- for good results, use the DELICATE or GENTLE option and run the usual wash-rinse cycle
- Get rid of all suds by going for another rinse cycle. This additional step is good for the water resistance of your car cover
- Allow drying totally. The best way for this is to leave the cover spread atop the vehicle
- Don’t use a machine to dry, except it is included in the instructions manual.
- If there’s stubborn dirt you need to rid off, just apply a spray stain before washing your car cover. For bird droplets, use a commercial stain remover or poop-off – specially made for this purpose. Optionally, you can add drops of vinegar to water and scour the affected surface gently before washing.
- For sap removal, rub ethanol or spirits on affected surfaces, then scrape with a rubber knife or use a paper towel to dab it until the sap softens.
Q: Is there a technique to use in folding my 2010 Chevrolet Camaro car cover?
Most people simply can’t just do it right when it comes to folding the covers. It’s not advisable to carefreely pull the cover off and shove it inside the bag. This can ruin the delicate stitches and result in the wearing off of the fabric. It can also result in a musty, greasy smell. Here’s a simple technique in folding your Camaro car cover;
- Be sure it’s properly dried to avoid fungus.
- Outline the four corners of the cover atop the car’s roof. Avoid folding on the floor, as sand particles can attach to it and cause abrasion on the car paint.
- Bring both front and back corners of the cover towards the middle
- Roll or fold it up to four times, then put it inside a bag
Q: How can I prevent my Camaro outdoor Car Cover from being blown Off by wind?
With the right Camaro car covers, you don’t need to fret over your car’s safety when there’s an extreme wind or hurricane. An elasticated car cover and buckle strap will do the trick. Cover Clamps for vehicles can also save your car cover from storms, so invest in them too. How to use Cover Clamps;
- Strap the cover’s clips at the back of the front wheels and the front of the back wheels. Fasten the bungee-cord sternly with one of the clips. Stretch same beneath the vehicle, and attach it with the clip at the other side
Q: How frequently can I wash my 2010 Camaro outdoor cover?
Answer: You should keep your car cover clean at all times, irrespective if you use it or not.
An ideal car cover is meant to guard your vehicle’s exterior from adverse circumstances. Be it for a 5th generation car like the 2002 Camaro or a more recent 2016 Camaro. Car covers need to be properly dealt with, just as you do your clothing. When handled properly, they’ll have more longevity and serve your car better. If you’re still indecisive about the best Camaro car cover for your ride, the best bet is to order the one rated for outdoor usage. This way, you will have the privilege of storing your ride safely anywhere you dim fit. Sadly, none of the products on our list serve as suitable 94 Camaro car cover or 1978 Camaro car cover. But, if you use newer models, go ahead and make your pick of one of the best Camaro car cover.