Table Of Contents
- 1 Tire Types for Chevy Cruz
- 2 Top 8 Best Tires for Chevy Cruze of 2021
- 3 1. Continental PureContact
- 4 2.Continental TrueContact
- 5 3. Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack
- 6 4. Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring
- 7 5. Falken Pro G4 A/S
- 8 6.Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season
- 9 7. Michelin Defender T + H
- 10 8. Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season plus
- 11 9. Bridgestone Blizzak WS90
- 12 10. Goodyear Assurance MaxLife
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Recommendations
The Chevy Cruz is one of the few cars that handle many drivers’ needs. It can be used to ferry both passengers and cargo. And for this reason that it is one of the most popular compact cars in the world. Every good car needs good tires, tires that can perform perfectly fine on both dry and wet surfaces. These tires must be durable and affordable. The reason for this is that no one wants to be replacing the tires on their cars every time and then.
Tire Types for Chevy Cruz
When you are trying to buy tires for your vehicle, there are several different types of tires you can choose from. Specific types of tires will depend on your intended use and style.
A. SNOW OR WINTER TIRES
Snow tires are mostly identified with a 3PMSF symbol. This symbol is always stuck on the sidewalls of the tire. These tires are made from a compound of flexible rubber. The function of this flexible rubber is to ensure excellent performance even in very cold and snowy weather conditions.
B. ALL-TERRAIN TIRES
This type of tire was made to withstand any type of road. They have been designed so tough that they can endure the difficulties that come with driving a car on the road. This type of tire can easily fling away rocks and debris found on the road. This is made possible they have been engineered for self-cleaning. For a comfortable ride, this type of tire is also designed to withstand rocks or uneven surfaces on the road. This happens when the car hits the trail. They also keep the vehicle safe while driving in wet weather conditions.
C. ALL-SEASON TIRES
These types of car tires were made for all kinds of weather conditions. They are used for providing traction for both winter and the summer. You can drive on wet and dry pavement or snowy paths with this type of tire. These tires are also built with an asymmetric tread pattern which helps in absorbing water on the road.
D. HIGH PERFORMANCE
The type of tire that enables itself to sink into the surface of the road when driving at a high speed and is a high-performance tire. It’s able to do this because it’s made from soft rubber. For enhanced stability, high-performance tires have a wider surface. They are designed with sticky rubber and a broader surface that help in stopping the car as quickly as possible. This is to keep you and other car owners safe.
Top 8 Best Tires for Chevy Cruze of 2021
1. Continental PureContact
[amazon bestseller=”Continental PureContact” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
In September 2012 the PureContact tire was launched by Continental tires. This is a premium all-season model that was engineered for owners of coupes, sedans, minivans, and crossovers. This tire was designed to provide high-performance for the whole year-round traction and handling. This model will provide you with a comfortable ride. The tire also increases fuel efficiency.
If you want to save your money over time, then get yourself this tire for your automobile. It is equipped with an all-season tread compound that combines with Continental’s Eco Plus technology. This technology uses other polymers in the tread. The function of all this is to give the tire enhanced treadwear. It also improves fuel efficiency for your car.
- This continental model has an outstanding dry, wet, and snow performance
- Also has excellent braking abilities
- Has a crisp steering response and feel when driving
- The ride comfort is among the best
- This model comes with a 70,000-mile warranty
- Snow traction of this model is not good
[amazon bestseller=”Continental TrueContact” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
The Continental TrueContact has been engineered for use on coupes, sedans, minivans, and smaller crossovers. This means that it can perfectly fit on the Chevy Cruz. All Continental’s newest tires use the latest technologies; this is done so that they can deliver consistent and longer-lasting performance.
The Continental TrueContact provides a leading treadwear, fuel efficiency, and traction on both dry and wet roads. This model is designed with an all-season tread compound. What makes this model more powerful is that it features Continental’s Tg-F Polymers and +Silane additives. On a more positive note, it is molded into an optimized symmetric tread pattern. The function of this is that it allows the tire to have continuous tread contact on both dry and wet surfaces.
- This Continental model is Innovative with all-round great design
- It can also perform very well in all seasons when installed on the car
- This model also provides good fuel economy for the car
- The TrueContact has a great tread warranty
- It’s a little bit expensive for its price
3. Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack
[amazon bestseller=”Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
There is no better tire than the newly-launched Turanza QuietTrack that mostly cares about comfort. Bridgestone did a great job on a Turanza QuietTra by reducing noise here. At highway speeds, the tire remains almost silent. So you don’t have to worry about your tires making noise on the road.
On both smaller and larger imperfections, the ride quality of this Bridgestone tire is excellent as well. The Turanza QuietTrack manages to provide the driver with very predictable handling despite the exceptional comfort levels. Even though the tire isn’t the most responsive around, it manages to achieve high levels of cornering grip, excellent traction, and strong braking.
- It’s one of the best in class
- The capability of handling for this model is excellent
- It has outstanding high-speed stability
- This model can also be used in wet conditions
4. Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring
[amazon bestseller=”B017XTNK1Q” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
To all drivers that want to save some money, the CS5 Ultra Touring is an outstanding tire that we recommend to you. The tire is offered at a much lower price than the tires from other competitors. This model is also equipped with some advanced technologies. When this tire is on the highway road, no one can know how much you spent cause of its high quality. The steering is very responsive and direct that the tire even communicates well with the owner. Even for some more enthusiastic drivers, the cornering grip of this tire is great. The traction is also excellent, and the braking distances are short as well.
- Handling ability is excellent
- It is very good for wet weather conditions
- Traction and grip is excellent
- Outstanding high-speed stability.
- Reports of wearing after being for a couple of thousand miles
5. Falken Pro G4 A/S
[amazon bestseller=”B00PFI9O86″ items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
In the Falken high-performance all-season tire lineup, the Pro G4 A/S is the newest addition. This exceptional Falken model is engineered to provide drivers of coupes and sedans with increased traction and handling. The tire also provides better treadwear. On the Pro G4 A/S, Falken used their reliable Dynamic Range Technology in its tread makeup. The function of this technology is to add a high-silica content tread compound along with an asymmetric tread pattern. These two add traction on dry and wet road surfaces. And this is a plus for this tire if you ask us.
- For all-season traction
- impressive handling and cornering stability
- The ride quality is outstanding
- The Treadlife of this model is also outstanding
- Winter traction of this model is not that good for its price
- produces a lot of noise on rough surfaces
6.Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season
[amazon bestseller=”Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
In its category, the Eagle Sport All-Season is one of the most pleasing tires. Even though the ride quality is very smooth, the responsiveness of this tire on a car is excellent. Even at the limit of your car, the tires will communicate with you very well. These will provide you with a truly satisfying experience. The cornering grip of this model is also very impressive. This tire might not be the best you can find like Goodyear’s own F1 Asymmetric All-Season, but it will satisfy the needs of your car. Moreover, the distances of this tire are very short. You will be impressed with the braking. Ultimately, high-speed stability is one of the best in the business and this is all thanks to the RaceWrap Construction Technology.
- Excellent responsiveness and steering feel
- It also has a high cornering grip on dry surfaces for an all-season
- This model is also equipped with very short braking distances on dry surfaces
- It also has exceptional directional stability on the highway
- Over smaller and larger imperfections on the road, it offers a comfortable ride
- is cheaper than other premium all-season tires
- Wet traction of the Eagle sport is a step behind the best premium high-performance all-season tires.
7. Michelin Defender T + H
[amazon bestseller=”Michelin Defender T + H” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
The Michelin Defender T + H was launched in 2017. The fact that this tire was built recently, of the original Defender; it features the latest tire technology that includes a new rubber tread compound and pattern. These technologies were engineered to provide enhanced treadwear and long-term durability. On the Defender T + H, Michelin utilizes a next-generation EverTread compound and asymmetric tread pattern. These are equipped with high amounts of silica. And the function of the Silica is to increase traction on wet pavement. The Silica does this while maintaining a consistent grip as the tire wears down.
- is dependable on dry and wet traction
- offers a comfortable and quiet ride quality
- The Treadlife of the tire is much better than the one for the predecessor
- will give you excellent value for your money
- is not the best in deep snow
8. Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season plus
[amazon bestseller=”Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season plus” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
In the lineup of touring all-season tires from Pirelli, the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus is the company’s newest addition. The Cinturato P7 All Season Plus is designed for drivers of coupes and sedans. This means that the P7 will provide your car with year-round traction. They will also provide you with higher fuel efficiency and longer tread life.
The Cinturato P7 All Season Plus is installed with a silica-based tread compound. The function of this compound is to increase treadwear. The Cinturato P7 All Season Plus also contains unique polymers. The use for these is to lower the rolling resistance of the tire. When resistance is lowered, there is better fuel efficiency in your vehicle. The Cinturato P7 All Season Plus has also equipped an optimized asymmetric 5-rib tread pattern and wider shoulder blocks. The function of these features is to increase traction and cornering grip. They do all this while also enhancing the stability of the tire.
- The tire provides an excellent dry and wet traction
- The cornering grip and stability is very good
- provide you with a comfortable ride
- quiet ride
- this P7 has an increased fuel efficiency
- The Treadlife is also long
- This model doesn’t handle well on ice or snowy weather conditions
9. Bridgestone Blizzak WS90
[amazon bestseller=”Bridgestone Blizzak WS90″ items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
The WS80 is the predecessor of the Blizzak WS90. This is a wildly-popular Bridgestone tire. And this means that we will immediately put it among the top tires of the class. So look no further if you want the best studless winter tire for your car. With this tire, snow becomes almost a non-problem. The traction of the Blizzak WS90 is excellent. You won’t have trouble accelerating your car on the Blizzak WS90. On a more positive note, in the class of the Blizzak WS90, the braking distances are the shortest, and the handling of the car feels safe and surefooted.
- It’s one of the best in class for car drifting
- The capability of handling is excellent
- It has outstanding high-speed stability
- They can be used in wet conditions
10. Goodyear Assurance MaxLife
[amazon bestseller=”Goodyear Assurance MaxLife” items=”1″ template=”vertical”]
The Assurance MaxLife tire is engineered with Goodyear’s new Wear Gauge design. This design helps the car driver to monitor the tread depth of the car tire. Inside the grooves of the tire, Goodyear decided to imprint the 2, 4, 6, and 8 numbers. The use of these numbers is to signify how much tread depth is left. The number 8 means that the tread depth of the tire is left with 8/32 inch, and the number 6 means 6/32 inch, etc. The lowest depth number is 2. This is so because at 2/32 the tire is still able to provide usable wet traction.
At first, you won’t be impressed by the Assurance MaxLife. And the reason for this will be that the tire feels dead on-center. The responsiveness will be hurt a lot.
- Excellent cornering grip for a long-lasting touring
- The dry traction and braking of this model is among the best in the category
- also easy to drive in wet conditions
- This Goodyear model very controllable at the limit
- Wet traction and braking of this model is also very solid
- The dead spot at the center of the tire hurts responsiveness and steering feel
- It is also uncomfortable when driven over larger bumps
Q. which models of tires of the Chevy Cruz come with a treadwear warranty?
A. A lot of them, even though some tires from the original car manufacturer don’t come with treadwear warranties, they don’t provide warranties because car dealers don’t work with tires, but cars only.
Q. How does it feel driving a Chevy Cruz on All-Terrain designed tires?
A. it feels great. All-terrain-designed tires have an excellent tread groove on the market. The purpose of this design is to reduce the hold they have on the surface. Their middle ribs are sturdy with a stiff rubbed. These features are for longevity and make the tire stronger.
We recommend all tires on our list for your Chevy in that order. They are all great for different kinds of surfaces. We have added the pros and cons to each tire so that you can know which tire can perfectly suit your area in which you will be driving your car.