Table Of Contents
- 1 Presenting Our Choices of GMC Sierra Best Headlamps to Light your Way
- 2 Why do you need to replace your headlights?
- 3 GMC Sierra Headlights: Comparison Table for GMC Sierra Headlights Curated Just for You:
- 4 Our choice, the Best Over-all for 2015 to 2017 GMC Sierra
- 5 Our next in line: Best Overall for 2007 to 2013 GMC Sierra
- 6 GMC Sierra Aftermarket Headlights Brands Overview
- 7 Our Other Choices for GMC Sierra Headlights Replacements
- 7.1 Best Overall for 1999 to 2006 GMC Sierra Headlights – AnzoUSA Projector Headlights U-Bar Black Clear
- 7.2 Best C Tube Bar Style 2007 to 2014 GMC Sierra Headlights – Akkon Black Projector Headlight
- 7.3 Best Easy to Install 2007 to 2014 GMC Sierra Clear Headlights – JSBOYAT Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 7.4 Best Modern Look: 2007 to 2013 GMC Sierra Headlights – BRYGHT Headlight Assembly Fit
- 7.5 Best Customer Service for 2007 to 2013 GMC Sierra Clear Headlights – OEDRO Headlight Assembly with Amber Reflectors Clear Lens Chrome Housing
- 7.6 Best Price for GMC Sierra Aftermarket Headlights – AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Black Housing Clear Lens
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions on GMC Sierra Headlights
- 9 Our Final Words on GMC Sierra Headlights
Presenting Our Choices of GMC Sierra Best Headlamps to Light your Way
Like other pickup truck headlights, GMC Sierra Headlights also suffer from weather effects and UV radiation. Headlights from 5 years or more ago would most definitely exhibit some discoloration due to exposure to the elements and UV rays. However, with a good portion of elbow grease and the application of harsh chemicals, a determined person can rub away the discoloration. Not to mention the need to invest most of your day to get the desired result. At the end of the day, though, even if you were successful in scrubbing the weather and yellow tarnish off your headlights, in a month or two, they will be back to the tarnished state you started with a month ago. Now why the effort? Because driving with these weathered headlights endangers not only yourself but every other living organism along the way. Weathered headlights diminish your ability to see clearly at night, and consequently, your ability to be seen by other motorists at night.
Why do you need to replace your headlights?
- Weathered Lenses – headlight lenses lose their coating over time due to exposure to the elements, weather, and UV radiation. This coating prevents the hard plastic from being discolored. As they are exposed, however, headlights lose the lens coating that prevents the discoloration of the hard plastic lenses. Another cause of fogginess is the moisture that creeps in their vent holes. An article in Forbes.com even stated that headlights, once weathered, can only provide up to 22% of the light they were intended to discharge when new.
- Burned Out Low or High Beams – you will notice this when you turn on your headlights, but no light comes out, or when light only comes out when you are on a high beam. The lack of light is an indication that the bulb filaments have deteriorated, which is what happens most of the time, or that you have deterioration on the lightbulb terminals themselves.
- Better Road Illumination – Changing your headlights provide better road illumination. The reason is that headlights, through time, become discolored due to exposure to various weather conditions. They also generate less light gradually across the years. Another thing that could happen is that your headlights could flicker as you use them daily. Changing them, thus, will keep you safe.
The choice may not be apparent for some people since replacing headlamp bulbs seems to be the more practical and economical way to proceed. Notably, one reason for diminished illumination is that headlight lenses fog up and turn yellow. In such an event, the best way is to find headlight replacements for your vehicle.
The following table presents an array of choices for replacing your GMC Sierra Headlight assemblies. Each has its characteristic that improves from the OEMs headlights that are for replacement.
GMC Sierra Headlights: Comparison Table for GMC Sierra Headlights Curated Just for You:
Our choice, the Best Over-all for 2015 to 2017 GMC Sierra
Akkon has established itself as one of the well-known aftermarket parts suppliers in the American Truck market to date. Their entry into the truck aftermarket headlights industry is not lacking market innovations. DRL LED lights border Akkon’s 2015 GMC Sierra aftermarket headlight. The main lamp is of a projector type manufacture which concentrates light on your path for better illumination. The Headlamp design effectively mixes the old tech with newer lighting technologies.
What we like
- LED DRLs add to the aesthetic value of the truck and modernize its profile.
- Customers have commended that the Headlight assemblies are easy to install, especially for DIYers who are also automotive enthusiasts.
- The Akkon 2017 GMC Sierra Headlamps Black Bezel fit the headlight receptacle of the GMC Sierra, with no modifications needed.
- Customers praise the fit and finish of the Akkon 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Headlights.
- The package comes with all the needed bulbs, which is a plus for reviewers as they do not have to buy or use their old headlight bulbs.
What We Do Not Like
- Needs to remove the bumper, shrouds, and other components before installing the 2015 GMC Sierra Headlights.
- Some reviewers have opined that it is best to ask someone to help you in installing the headlights.
- At least two customers noticed condensation in the 2015 GMC Sierra Headlights replacements.
Our next in line: Best Overall for 2007 to 2013 GMC Sierra
For an older truck, one way of upgrading its profile is to install a modern version of its headlights, especially when the original headlights have already seen the best of days. One of the best choices for a 2010 GMC Sierra Headlights is the Acanii LED DRL Tube Projector Headlights. They have incorporated DRL LEDs for you to be highly visible on the road and a projector-type lamp to add a modern vibe to the 2013 GMC Sierra Headlights replacements from Acanii.
What We Like:
- Not a few customers have commented that the headlight bulbs are upgradable to all LED lights.
- Some customers stated that the set upgrades and modernizes the look of the GMC Truck.
- These 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 headlights use the same wire harness as OEMs, making them practically plug-and-play.
What We Do Not like:
- There were mentions of the need to figure out how to connect the LED lights to the wiring harness.
- The bumper must be unscrewed and moved a bit on both sides to secure the bottom bracket of each headlight.
- At least one reviewer commented that one of his C-shaped LED lamps failed to turn on after seven months.
- Others were disappointed that there were no included lightbulbs in the package.
GMC Sierra Aftermarket Headlights Brands Overview
Akkon was founded in 2015 as an aftermarket automotive parts retailer focused on online retail. Since then, the company has been involved in activities to improve on and innovate on the automotive parts and accessories they sell online. The Research And Development Division of the company continues to work on and develop new products for OEM replacements. According to their website, Akkon has now shipped more than 1,000,000 orders across the country.
The Acanii brand was registered by EJay, LLC in mid-2018. The company sells various vehicle components that range from lightning systems to suspension components. Aside from these, the Acanii brand also sells bumpers, fenders, and automotive parts. There is not much other information on the internet regarding the brand. Its website also offers no information section or an “about us” section as of this writing.
AnzoUSA is an American company based in Southern California. The company has been designing, developing, and manufacturing its products for more than 30 years now. They have their Research and Development Group based in Chino, California. The company utilizes the latest in designing and manufacturing technology and design. Their products are SAE and DOT compliant, and their factory is both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certified.
JSBoyat is primarily a retailer of various automotive parts such as headlights. It has an established presence at Amazon.com where it mainly transacts its business. Other than that, there is not much information regarding JSBoyat.
Bryght automotive parts are sold by BIngbingmotor in the Amazon e-commerce platform. The company’s products are mostly headlights for various automotive makes and models. There is not much information regarding the brand nor Bingbingmotor on the internet. Just like JSBoyat, they have an established presence in Amazon.
OEDRO is a manufacturing concern that focuses on aftermarket products for Off-Road enthusiasts. Its product mix covers all domestic truck brands. The company also designs and manufactures auto floor mats, bed covers, running boards, and truck headlights.
OEDRO is owned by the Hong Kong-based Hong Kong Yintatech Network Co., Ltd.
Autosaver88 was registered in 2016 as a supplier of various lighting equipment for automobiles. According to its seller page, it is a fast-growing supplier of such equipment including, but not exclusive to automotive headlights. The company has logistics offices across the United States, from Seattle to New Jersey, allowing it to serve orders faster due to the proximity of its offices to the surrounding areas.
Our Other Choices for GMC Sierra Headlights Replacements
Best Overall for 1999 to 2006 GMC Sierra Headlights – AnzoUSA Projector Headlights U-Bar Black Clear
AnzoUSA is an American firm engaged in the aftermarket automotive industry for about 30 years already. The company has a design and manufacturing center in Southern California. The company primarily focuses on automotive lighting products. The company has its research and development center, which gives it absolute control over the quality of its products. AnzoUSA products are compliant with various government regulations and industry standards such as SAE and DOT. The headlights are reminiscent of the original headlights.
What We Like
- Customers who reviewed the product left comments attesting to the improved looks of their 2004 GMC Sierra Headlights, which upgraded the overall look of their trucks.
- The package already has headlight bulbs.
- Customers have also commended the easiness of installation for the 1999 GMC Sierra Headlights by AnzoUSA.
- Several reviewers have praised that the included wiring is clean and easy to install.
What We Do Not Like:
- Some reviews point out that the included bulbs are not good enough
- Customers have lamented the lack of instructional literature.
Best C Tube Bar Style 2007 to 2014 GMC Sierra Headlights – Akkon Black Projector Headlight
The C-Tube Bar is an LED light bar that runs around the perimeter of each headlight in a letter C fashion, thus its name. Our choice for the best C-Tube Bar Style for 2010 GMC Sierra Headlights is another entry from Akkon. The C-Tube bar design creates an illusion of encompassing the grille of the GMC Sierra as if framing the upper fascia of the GMC Sierra. The DRL LEDs also upgrade the look of the GMC Sierra. The Akkon GMC Sierra LED Headlights improve your visibility even in the daytime. There are mixed reviews in the installation of the 2010 GMC Sierra Headlights. Some customers in the forums attest to easy installation. However, there are also those reviewers who were a bit challenged when they installed their sets.
What We Like
- Reviewers commend that the Akkon Headlights are easy to install, despite reviews from some who found the need for professional installation.
- The installation process does not require modifications to the truck body. The Akkon GMC Sierra LED headlights to install like they are OEMs.
- Reviewers were also impressed by the compliments that have gone their way since replacing their headlights with the Akkon Black Projector Headlight model.
What We Do Not Like
- The ease of installation is relative since there is no provided installation guide. Some comments state that some people even found it not easy to install.
- Some customers were disappointed with their headlight C-light bars, failing to turn on less than a year after installation.
Best Easy to Install 2007 to 2014 GMC Sierra Clear Headlights – JSBOYAT Headlight Assembly Replacement
The JSBoyat GMC Sierra Headlights are SAE and DOT certified. They are both dust and waterproof. They do not deviate much from the design of the original headlights of the GMC Sierra. The JSBoyat 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Headlights also fit other trims of the Sierra and will do so as 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Headlights. The black housing of the headlight’s mimics smoked lenses without their dimming effects. Thus, you will enjoy the full brightness of your headlights. The JSBoyat headlights are plug-and-play replacements of the original headlights.
What we Like
- Installation of the headlights was cited as an easy affair, and many were pleased that no guessing or modifications on the wire harness was experienced.
- Customers have praised the JSBoyat 2008 GMC Sierra aftermarket headlights as they improved and upgraded the looks of their trucks.
- The original bulbs that came with the truck can be re-used after installation; it was also noted that LED bulbs will fit nicely in the headlights.
What We Do Not Like:
- There are no bulbs included in the package.
- Some reviewers observed moisture accumulation inside the headlights.
- Some reviewers cited condensation and moisture formations inside the lenses.
Best Modern Look: 2007 to 2013 GMC Sierra Headlights – BRYGHT Headlight Assembly Fit
Bryght by Bingbingmotor presents modern headlights look for the 2007 to 2013 GMC Sierra. The aftermarket headlights take inspiration from the GMC Sierra’s original headlight design and upgrade its looks. The headlights modernize the front fascia of an erstwhile old truck allowing it to keep up with the more modern aesthetics of its latest counterparts. Bryght Headlights can endure the weather and dusty environments due to their strict adherence to government regulations. There are mixed reactions in their installation; some commented that they did the headlights installation themselves, while some reviewers sought professional services for the installation.
What We Like
- Many customers are satisfied with the modern looks of the headlights attesting that the headlights improved the front profile of their trucks.
- The model uses the same wiring harness as OEMs, and there is no need for other modifications in installing the 2011 GMC Sierra headlights by Bryght.
- One customer recommended that the Headlight black coating renders a smoked lens effect without affecting the brightness of the headlamps.
What We Don’t Like
- Reviewers stated that there are no Headlight Bulbs in the package, but you can use your original bulbs again.
- There is an instance of a need to have them professionally installed.
Best Customer Service for 2007 to 2013 GMC Sierra Clear Headlights – OEDRO Headlight Assembly with Amber Reflectors Clear Lens Chrome Housing
The Oedro 2007 GMC Sierra Headlights Assembly reflects the dimensions of the OEM headlights, thus making them simple to install. Oedro’s approach tends to be close to the aesthetics and specifics of the OEM with subtle differences. Instead of being evolutionarily different, the Oedro approach has forged a path opposite its peers. On the other hand, the company is active in advancing its technology to surpass even the OEM. It seeks to improve on waterproofing, headlight ventilation, and the use of wear-resistant materials. It has also invested much in after sales and customer service, a highlight of its operations.
What We Like
- Reviews and comments left by customers have commended Oedro’s Customer Service Department. Customers took notice of the said department’s approach in dealing with and resolving issues with their clients.
- The company takes time to answer queries and goes the extra mile of expounding on their answers.
- Many customers have noted that the Oedro GMC Sierra aftermarket headlights are easy to install.
- The Oedro 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Headlights utilize the same wire harness as the OEMs.
What We Do Not Like
- There are no lightbulbs included in the package. However, OEM bulbs fit without modifications.
- Some reviewers noted moisture in the headlights after some time.
Best Price for GMC Sierra Aftermarket Headlights – AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Black Housing Clear Lens
The Autosaver88 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Headlights fit the Sierra 1500, 2500HD, and 3500HD versions of the said truck. The Autosaver88 GMC Sierra 2008 Headlights sport Black housing with clear lenses. The Autosaver88 headlight design elevates the look of your GMC Sierra.
This even if it has been on the road for about a decade already. The headlights fit like an OEM on your truck, and despite the classic looks, the design incorporates newer and current headlights technology innovations. Some of these are a “Micro-Prism” reflector that directs more light on the road and vents that let moisture and condensation escape without letting it in. The headlights modernize the look of the truck without deviating from the original.
What We Like
- The headlights reflect a modern and contemporary design with no amber lenses, providing a continuous wide front fascia.
- Customers found them very easy to install; thirty minutes was all it took a reviewer to install both headlights.
- Great Price, Best Price, or Reasonably Priced were common comments by reviewers of the GMC Sierra Headlights by Autosaver88.
- Reviewers also commended the looks of the headlights, which fit perfectly on their trucks.
What We Do Not Like
- No Bulbs included
- Some moisture creep in the headlights were noted, some commenters said to put silicone around the headlights before installation
- Some issues like cracks on the housing were noted in less than a year of use.
Frequently Asked Questions on GMC Sierra Headlights
What are Daytime Running Lights?
Daytime Running Lights, or DRLs, were first seen in countries where it is also dark during daytime. The first country to require them is Sweden, in 1977, that is more than 50 years ago. Daytime Running Lights were only required in the country in 1995, when automakers pushed for their inclusion as standard automobile features. In an article in Headlights.com, it is stated that according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) studies, DRLs or Daytime Running Lights did make a difference in traffic safety. There was an observed reduction of daytime crashes of light trucks and vans by 5.7%. The US Department of Health and Human Services have also attested to the additional safety DRLs provide.
Is it more practical to change my headlights instead of buffing them to remove discoloration?
Restoring plastic headlight lenses will seem to be more practical, but only in the short run, since you will have to repeat the process again after some time. The more practical way would be to replace them with GMC Sierra Aftermarket headlights which are also SAE and DOT compliant. Some new aftermarket headlights also have warranties for a year. Furthermore, buying new headlights will present to you several choices most of which will upgrade or modernize the look of your truck. For instance, you can opt to buy the latest headlights with the latest innovations. Take the 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Headlights for in
My 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 headlights have seen better days, are aftermarket headlights easy to install?
A lot of comments and remarks in the forums have attested to the DIY installs of their GMC Sierra Led Headlights. Some people have been ecstatic that they were able to install their headlights in less than 30 minutes. Some people however, preferred to have them installed by professionals in the industry. The 2006 GMC Sierra Headlights from AnzoUSA are easy to be installed, as per the reviewers and customers who have bought the headlights set.
Our Final Words on GMC Sierra Headlights
The GMC Sierra Pickup Truck is one of the more popular trucks in the market today. It is also the workhorse for companies in various industries. The Sierra has been a favorite amongst buyers for decades now since 1963. According to Thenewswheel.com, the truck also won the 2013 Initial Quality award by J.D. Power, an authority in anything automotive. The longevity and popularity of the GMC Sierra prompted a lot of aftermarket truck parts manufacturers to develop their own replacement products for the truck.
The GMC Sierra aftermarket headlights industry came up with many iterations and versions that incorporated various technologies. Thus, allowing old model Sierra trucks to have upgraded aesthetics and front fascia, modernizing the looks and giving new life to the trucks. Innovations such as smoked headlights GMC Sierra edition, LED headlights for GMC Sierra, and even a GMC Sierra Halo Headlight has flooded the market.
With all the choices in the market however, it is sometimes quite difficult to pinpoint or choose exactly what you want for your truck. A lot of factors do come in, like warranties, customer service, ease of installation, and especially, the aesthetics of the product.
The GMC Sierra Headlights products in this article are the best in the categories we have curated for you. Whether you are looking for the best in modern look, the ease of installation, or the best in customer service, we have it covered for you.
Our review has considered all of these to come up with a comprehensive list of GMC Sierra aftermarket headlights to narrow the field for you. In our comparison we present the pros and cons of each product based also on various forums. We hope to have helped you in choosing the right headlight for you and your truck. Happy trucking!