The LG G2 is confirmed to be getting the Android 5.0 Lollipop update in the coming months. On the hand, LG G2 D800, D801, D802, LS980, and VS980 users can jump straight to installing the Android 5.0 Lollipop now as it is already available thanks to XDA’s Rashed97.
The lad had created a custom ROM containing the latest Android OS and applying it to the LG G2 will update the device. On the downside of things, the ROM is still in its early bid so there are some issues that come with it.
While it may not be much, the GPS and video recording features are the only non-functioning features. In addition to that, the LS/VS980 G2 will have a faulty cellular network.
If you are a G2 user and don’t mind the issues for the sake of being among the first Lollipop users, then you can refer to the following installation guide.
1. Make sure a backup is created and the device is already rooted with CWM. We recommend doing so with NANDROID.
2. A minimum of 50% battery life to ensure no disruption when installation is taking place.
3. CM12 ROM ZIP downloaded for the G2.
4. Google Apps Package downloaded.
1. Transfer both the Custom ROM and Google Apps Package to your G2.
2. Boot device into recovery mode and wipe cache, data and system partition.
3. Flash the CM12 ROM.
4. Then, Flash the Google Apps Package.
5. The G2 should reboot and it will run on the Lollipop OS.