Table Of Contents
- 1 The Top 3 Grill Guards for the Tacoma
- 2 Best in General – Lund 47121213 Bull Bar with Integrated LED Light Bar, Black Steel – FOR 2016-2019 TOYOTA TACOMA
- 3 Best Balance – ARIES 2049 1-1/2-Inch Black Steel Grille Guard, No-Drill – FOR TOYOTA TACOMA
- 4 Best Choice – Hunter GT-806 Grille Guard – Powder Coated Black – FOR 1998-2004 TOYOTA TACOMA
- 5 Top companies for Tacoma Grill Guards
- 6 Toyota Tacoma Grill guards Product Review
- 7 Hunter GT-811 Grille Guard – Powder Coated Black – FOR 2005-2014 TOYOTA TACOMA
- 8 TAC Predator Bull Bar Fine Textured Black Modular Lighting Front Bumper Brush Grille Guard with LED Off-Road Lights – FOR 2005-2022 TOYOTA TACOMA PICKUP TRUCK
- 9 What are Grill Guards?
- 10 The Benefits of Installing a Grill Guard
- 11 The Different Types of Grill Guards
- 12 FAQs
- 12.0.1 Question: What is a grill guard and why do I need one?
- 12.0.2 Question: How do I choose the right grill guard for my vehicle?
- 12.0.3 Question: How do I install a grill guard?
- 12.0.4 Question: How much does a grill guard cost?
- 12.0.5 Question: Are grill guards safe?
- 12.0.6 Question: Where can I buy a grill guard?
- 12.0.7 Question: I already have a grill guard on my truck/SUV, can I use it on my car?
- 12.0.8 Question: Do I need to remove my grill guard when I wash my car?
- 12.0.9 Question: I just hit a deer with my car, will my grill guard protect it?
- 12.0.10 Question: Will a FJ cruiser grill guard fit a Tacoma?
- 12.0.11 Question: I live in a snowy area, should I get a grill guard?
- 12.0.12 Question: I’m not sure if a grill guard is the right option for my car, where can I find more information?
- 13 Conclusion
There are a few things that are important to every Tacoma owner. One of those things is protection. You want to make sure that you’re doing everything possible to protect your truck, and that includes installing a grill guard. There are many different grill guards available on the market, so it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. In this article, we will review some of the best grill guards for the Toyota Tacoma, as well as provide descriptions of some popular manufacturers. We hope this information helps you make an informed decision about which grill guard is best for you!
The Toyota Tacoma is a popular choice for a mid-size truck. It’s versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes, from hauling gear to taking the family on weekend adventures. It has been on sale since 1995 and is currently in its third generation. The Tacoma has a reputation for being reliable and durable, which is why many people choose it as their go-to truck. When it comes to protecting your Tacoma, you want to make sure you’re using the best possible products. The Tacoma can be fitted with many different types of accessories such as fog lamps, running boards, and of course, grill guards.
The Top 3 Grill Guards for the Tacoma
Now that you know what grill guards are and the benefits of installing one, it’s time to review some of the best options available for the Toyota Tacoma.
Best in General – Lund 47121213 Bull Bar with Integrated LED Light Bar, Black Steel – FOR 2016-2019 TOYOTA TACOMA
The Toyota Tacoma front Grill guard is made with precision cut 3.5″ black steel and has an integrated 20-inch LED light bar and a steel skid plate. The grill guard is designed to contour the lines of your vehicle for a sleek, modern look and has a black powder coat finish for durability. This front grill guard for Toyota Tacoma is covered by a 3-year limited warranty. This 2019 Toyota Tacoma grill guard allows easy installation and is a perfect fit for your truck.
- Looks great and good quality for the price
- The LED is Super Bright
- The LED light bar makes the truck look aggressive
- May have damage when delivered
- Will not work on the 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Best Balance – ARIES 2049 1-1/2-Inch Black Steel Grille Guard, No-Drill – FOR TOYOTA TACOMA
Made from tough, tubular steel with a black powder-coat finish and featuring an easy, no-drill installation process, the ARIES grille guard for Toyota Tacoma is a great way to give your truck some added protection and style. This 2019 Toyota Tacoma grill guard has a solid construction that will help deflect impact in the event of a collision. This Tacoma grill guard can also be used as a 2003 Toyota Tacoma grill guard. It adds an aggressive look to your truck and has a limited lifetime warranty. Corrosion resistance is ensured with a E-coat finish. It contains pre-drilled holes to mount auxiliary LED lights. This product is great for those who want to add some extra protection to their truck without compromising on style.
- The bush guard looks awesome
- Provides extra protection
- Holes are pre-drilled for lights
- Poor quality
- Difficult installation process
Best Choice – Hunter GT-806 Grille Guard – Powder Coated Black – FOR 1998-2004 TOYOTA TACOMA
This front grill guard for Toyota Tacoma has a black powder-coated finish to resist corrosion and a heavy-duty design that can stand up to any impacts. It’s easy to install with no drilling required, making it a perfect choice for those who want added protection without the hassle of installation. This 1998-2004 Toyota Tacoma grill guard has removeable light guards and is made of steel for superior strength. It’s also backed by a limited 5-year warranty, making it a wise investment for your truck.
- Great quality product
- Perfectly works as a 2001 Tacoma grill guard
- Parts are packed well for delivery
- No useable instructions
Top companies for Tacoma Grill Guards
There are several major manufacturers who produce grill guards for Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. Some of them are TAC, Lund, Aries and Hunter. All these brands offer different types of grill guards in terms of design, style and price. You can choose the best one that suits your needs and budget.
TAC is a manufacturer located in Southern California. They produce a wide variety of grill guards for many different makes and models of trucks, including the Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. Their products are known for their high-quality construction and aggressive style. TAC stands for “Truck Accessories Company”, and their grill guards definitely live up to that name. TAC was established as business in 1998 and has a solid reputation in the industry.
Lund is another well-known manufacturer of grill guards, located in Minnesota. Lund has been in business since 1938 and is a leading provider of aftermarket truck accessories. Their grill guards are known for their quality construction and stylish designs. Lund offers a wide variety of grill guards for many different makes and models of trucks, including the Toyota Tacoma. Lund makes accessories for different brands like Chevy, Ford, GMC, Jeep, Nissan and Toyota.
Aries is a manufacturer located in Arizona. They are known for their high-quality, off-road grill guards. They were founded as a company in 1997 and have been making grill guards for trucks ever since. Aries offers a wide variety of grill guards for many different makes and models of trucks, including the Toyota Tacoma. Their products are known for their ruggedness and durability.
Hunter is a manufacturer based in Utah. Hunter was founded in 1997 and is known for their high-quality, aftermarket grill guards. They offer a wide variety of grill guards for many different makes and models of trucks, including the Toyota Tacoma. Hunter is a family-owned business that takes pride in their products. They are known for their great customer service and quality products.
There are many different grill guards available on the market, but these are some of the top manufacturers. If you are looking for a grill guard for your Toyota Tacoma pickup truck, then these brands should be at the top of your list. All these brands offer high-quality products that will protect your truck and look great doing it. So, no matter what your budget or style preference is, you are sure to find the perfect grill guard for your truck.
Toyota Tacoma Grill guards Product Review
Hunter GT-811 Grille Guard – Powder Coated Black – FOR 2005-2014 TOYOTA TACOMA
The 2014 Toyota Tacoma grill guard has a durable black powder coat finish that will look great on your truck. This Tacoma grill guard is made of high-quality materials and is easy to install. The removeable headlight guards are included in this kit. This grill guard is a great way to protect your investment and keep your truck looking good. It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Pretty sturdy and well built
- Great customer service
- Easy to install
- Poor mounting instructions
TAC Predator Bull Bar Fine Textured Black Modular Lighting Front Bumper Brush Grille Guard with LED Off-Road Lights – FOR 2005-2022 TOYOTA TACOMA PICKUP TRUCK
This bull bar is made to fit the Toyota Tacoma Pickup Truck from 2005-2022 and is a great way to add some extra protection to your vehicle. It’s made of black, powder-coated steel for durability and has an integrated LED light bar that will help you see in the dark. This grill guard is easy to install and comes with all the necessary hardware with a 5 -year limited warranty. The installation process is simple and can be done in about an hour, without drilling. The LED light bar has 4050 lumens and is IP67 waterproof, making it a great choice for those who want to add some extra light to their truck. This bull bar can be used as a 2021 Toyota Tacoma grill guard, and it is a good purchase for the Tacoma.
- Worth the money and is a good product
- Very aggressive but stylish design
- Exactly what was advertised
- Product may arrive with some scratches
What are Grill Guards?
Grill guards first became famous in the 1950s when they were introduced as an aftermarket product for trucks. They are also known as bull bars, brush guards, and grille guards. Grill guards attach to the front of your truck and protect the grill, headlights, and hood from damage. They are made from a variety of materials such as steel, aluminum, or plastic. Grill guards come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it’s important to choose one that is the right fit for your truck. Grill guards normally cost from $200 to $600, depending on the make and model.
The Benefits of Installing a Grill Guard
There are many benefits to installing a grill guard on your Tacoma. Some of the most important benefits include:
- Protection from damage: One of the main reasons people install grill guards is to protect their truck from damage. A good grill guard will deflect objects such as branches and rocks, which can help keep your truck looking new for longer.
- Increased visibility: Grill guards also increase the visibility of your truck. This is especially important when driving at night or in bad weather conditions.
- Aesthetics: Grill guards can also improve the aesthetics of your truck. They come in a variety of shapes and styles, so you can choose one that best suits your taste.
The Different Types of Grill Guards
There are three main types of Tacoma grill guards:
- Full grill guards: As the name suggests, full grill guards cover the entire front of the truck. This includes the headlights, fog lights, and grille. Full grill guards offer the most protection but can also be the most expensive.
- Partial grill guards: Partial grill guards only cover part of the front of the truck. They normally only cover the grille and headlights. Partial grill guards are a good option if you’re looking for protection but don’t want to spend too much money.
- Brush guards: Brush guards are similar to partial grill guards, but they don’t have a solid frame. Instead, they have a series of bars that run across the front of the truck. Brush guards are a good option if you’re looking for protection but don’t want to block your view.
Question: What is a grill guard and why do I need one?
A grill guard is an aftermarket accessory that is installed on the front of your vehicle to protect the grille and headlights from damage. They are commonly used on trucks and SUVs but can be installed on any vehicle.
Question: How do I choose the right grill guard for my vehicle?
The best way to choose a grill guard is to first decide what material you want it to be made out of. Grill guards are typically made from steel, aluminum, or plastic. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so make sure to do your research before making a decision.
Question: How do I install a grill guard?
Installing a grill guard is a relatively simple process, but it will vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle. Most grill guards will come with installation instructions, so be sure to follow those carefully. If you’re not comfortable installing the grill guard yourself, you can always take it to a professional to have it installed for you.
Question: How much does a grill guard cost?
The price of a grill guard will vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle, as well as the material it’s made out of. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $200 for a quality grill guard.
Question: Are grill guards safe?
Grill guards are safe to use as long as they are installed correctly. However, it is always important to read the installation instructions carefully and follow them to a tee. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to consult with a professional before installing the grill guard.
Question: Where can I buy a grill guard?
Grill guards can be purchased at most automotive stores, as well as online.
Question: I already have a grill guard on my truck/SUV, can I use it on my car?
Grill guards are not typically interchangeable between vehicles, so it’s important to choose the right grill guard for your specific vehicle. However, some companies do make universal grill guards that can be used on multiple types of vehicles. Be sure to do your research before purchasing a grill guard to make sure it will work with your car.
Question: Do I need to remove my grill guard when I wash my car?
No, you do not need to remove your grill guard when you wash your car. However, it is always a good idea to give the grill guard a good clean every now and then. Be sure to use a soft cloth and mild soap when cleaning the grill guard. avoiding any harsh chemicals or solvents, as they could damage the grill guard.
Question: I just hit a deer with my car, will my grill guard protect it?
No, a grill guard will not protect your car from being damaged in a collision with an animal. It is always important to drive carefully and be aware of your surroundings when driving, especially at night. If you do hit an animal with your car, be sure to contact a tow truck or the police immediately.
Question: Will a FJ cruiser grill guard fit a Tacoma?
It is not typically recommended to use a grill guard made for one vehicle on another type of vehicle. However, some grill guards are made to be universal and can be fitted to multiple types of vehicles.
Question: I live in a snowy area, should I get a grill guard?
If you live in an area where snow and ice are common, it might be a good idea to invest in a grill guard. Grill guards can help protect your vehicle from being damaged in a collision with snow and ice. However, it is important to choose the right grill guard for your specific vehicle and climate.
Question: I’m not sure if a grill guard is the right option for my car, where can I find more information?
If you’re not sure if a grill guard is the right choice for your car, you can always consult with a professional. Automotive stores typically have staff that can help you choose the right grill guard for your vehicle. You can also find more information online by reading articles or watching videos about grill guards.
Installing a grill guard on your Toyota Tacoma is a great way to protect your vehicle from being damaged in a collision. Grill guards can also help keep your car clean by preventing snow and ice from building up on the front of your car. Be sure to do your research before purchasing a grill guard to make sure you’re getting the best product for your vehicle.