Every single combustion engine relies on spark plugs for smooth operation. Without it, your car’s engine might misfire or will not start at all. Considering the huge selection of 5.7 Hemi spark plugs on the market, choosing the best one is a difficult task. That is why we are here to help you!
On this page, you can find the best Dodge Ram spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer. We have reviewed the most popular products available on Amazon. Read this article to choose the most suitable option for your vehicle. You will also find a quick spark plug buying guide for beginners.
Recommended Spark Plugs For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
14 Best Replacement Parts Of 2020
Best Products Of All Categories Quick Reference Table
Best Iridium And Copper Spark Plugs Quick Reference Table
Best Platinum And Double Platinum Spark Plugs Quick Reference Table
Best Spark Plugs For 5.7 Hemi Dodge Ram: Iridium Products Review
Iridium spark plugs presented in this paragraph offer the highest quality you can get. They are harder than platinum and last for a longer period. As you might have guessed, these plugs are also the most expensive. We have picked the best iridium products from the most trustworthy manufacturers.
This set includes four premium plugs from Bosch manufactured in Germany. They are aimed at delivering top performance and long service life. The ultra-fine wires provide top-notch efficiency. Electrodes of these spark plugs are made of iridium, which makes the product extremely durable. Bosch 9673 is perfectly suitable for Dodge Ram 1500 so it would be a great purchase for you.
We easily installed these spark plugs instead of the original ones. They fitted just as well as the OE parts. Given the 7-year warranty, it is one of the best spark plugs for 5.7 HEMI.
- Highly durable double iridium electrodes
- Protected from corrosion
- Perfectly suitable for Dodge Ram 1500
- Comes with super fine wire for superior ignitability
- Does not require gapping
- It comes with a 7-year warranty
- There are many Bosch counterfeit spark plugs made in China, not in Germany
- The porcelain on these plugs comes off rather quickly
The whole replacement process took us less than 10 minutes. The products showed great performance and durability. We only wish the packaging was better.
- Manufactured in Japan with impeccable accuracy
- Iridium tip guarantees high fuel efficiency even on older vehicles
- Covered with unique trivalent metal plating for extra protection
- Protected with a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer
- Comes at an affordable price
- Very easy to install
- Sometimes they come cracked upon arrival due to poor packaging
- Covered with very delicate ceramic that is easy to break
We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of these Denso spark plugs. They are sturdier than their original counterparts. Great product!
- Built-in monolithic resistor to minimize electromagnetic noise interference
- Its highly durable iridium tip offers a long service life
- The high melting point of the electrode makes the product very sturdy
- It significantly improves ignitability of the vehicle
- Unique double-needle construction (Twin Tip technology)
- Covered with a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer
- It is pretty expensive
- Given the high price, we wish the warranty period was longer
It is a decent option with a good price/quality ratio. However, one of the spark plugs was cracked upon arrival. Autolite’s QA department leaves much to be desired.
- Comes with a V-trimmed ground electrode for enhanced ignitability
- Covered with a limited lifetime warranty
- Utilizes the unique platinum side wire technology from Autolite
- The ground wire is protected with platinum for increased efficiency
- Designed to fit Dodge Ram 1500 perfectly
- Highly durable Iridium-enhanced center electrode
- One of the spark plugs we bought was cracked upon arrival
- Sometimes it causes idling and misfire
Verdict on Iridium Spark Plugs
Best Spark Plugs For 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram: Copper Products Review
Spark plugs featured in this paragraph are mostly manufactured from copper. They are much less durable than platinum or iridium options. On the other hand, they are cheaper and provide the most power. Below, we have picked the most recommended spark plugs for Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi.
It is a very cheap yet efficient copper spark plug for Dodge Ram. Even though this plug is not specifically innovative, it is good enough for the price. It is a simple yet efficient product with a nickel tip. Despite the low cost, the construction quality of this plug is on top. Additionally, it is protected with anti-corrosion coating. These plugs should easily last for 25,000 miles (40,000 kilometers) or 2 years.
This is among the best spark plugs for 5.7l HEMI in terms of horsepower. It improves ignition, making the vehicle speed up faster.
- Copper core electrode with increased conductivity
- Unique SAC-9 resistor for enhanced suppression
- Coated shell for impeccable corrosion resistance
- Compatible with older Dodge trucks
- One of the cheapest spark plugs available on the market
- Covered with a two-year warranty.
- Subject to wear and tear
We did not have any problems with these spark plugs during the test. Nevertheless, they are too expensive to be good. You can find better options in this price segment.
- Utilizes the patented DiamondFIRE side wire to optimize fuel consumption
- Improves ignition
- Offers impressive durability for a copper spark plug
- Covered with a 5-year warranty
- Reduces emissions thanks to the advanced spark technology
- Well-protected from corrosion
- It is too expensive for a copper spark plug
- Less durable in comparison to iridium and most of the platinum counterparts
Suitable option for everyday use, but it is less efficient than any other iridium or platinum plug.
- Has metal plating for corrosion protection
- Comes at an affordable price
- Insulator has quilled ribs for protection against flashover
- Ceramic insulator offers effective heat transfer
- Copper core eliminates heat buildup
- It comes with a triple seal to avoid leakage
- The ceramic insulator is very easy to break
- Less durable than platinum and iridium plugs
Verdict on Copper Spark Plugs
Copper spark plugs are recommended for some of the older Dodge trucks. You can use them for your Ram 1500. Champion RE14MCC4 is easily the champion in this category. It is better than both of its two competitors are. With two years of warranty and a cheap price tag, it is one of the best Dodge Ram spark plugs recommended for use.
Best Spark Plugs For 5.7 L Hemi Dodge Ram: Platinum Products Review
Platinum spark plug minimizes the wear caused by high voltage sparks. Its center electrode has a platinum disc, welded to its tip area. Thanks to that, platinum products can last for over a hundred thousand miles. They are not as sturdy as iridium options but they come at a better price. Below, we have picked some of the best platinum spark plugs for Dodge Ram 1500.
Given the 5-year warranty, AP5325-4PK from Autolite is an awesome purchase for your Ram 1500. Consider buying it if you want to increase your car’s overall performance.
- Approved by the OE parts manufacturer
- Lowers emissions and fuel consumption
- Does not require to be lubricated with anti-seize
- Offers excellent durability under heavy use
- Platinum tip prevents gap erosion
- Covered with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer
- We could not find a single disadvantage!
Some of the best spark plugs for RAM 1500 HEMI. You should not be disappointed with them.
- This plug has a highly durable platinum tip
- Offers a long service life
- Pure copper core guarantees cooler temperature of the electrode
- Top-notch build quality
- Covered with a 24-month warranty
- It does not require anti-seizing
- It is very expensive
- Might need pre-gapping to fit the correct specification of the engine
Since this spark plug set is cheap and efficient, we can recommend it to any Dodge user. Its main disadvantage is the short warranty period.
- This plug has a highly durable platinum tip
- Comes with a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer
- Ready to use right out of the box
- Prolongs the engine’s life span
- Insulators from alumina powder enhance thermal conductivity
- Its center electrode is made of highly durable nickel-chrome alloy
- We wish the warranty period was longer
- Might start to cause cylinder misfire when used with older engines
An affordable option with a 1-year warranty. Given the low price, it is a good replacement part for your Dodge truck.
- Platinum tip boosts ignitability
- Reduces fuel consumption and requires less voltage to fire
- Covered with a one-year warranty
- Flawless flame reproduction is guaranteed by the trapezoid shape ground electrode
- Every spark plug has superior protection against corrosion and seizing
- It comes at an economical cost despite the high quality
- We had to gap it before installation
- Other platinum plugs offer better warranty
Verdict on Platinum Spark Plugs
All platinum spark plugs presented in this paragraph can improve your driving experience. A good Dodge Ram 1500 spark plugs replacement will not only keep the engine safe. It can also improve the ignition and maximize fuel economy.
While all of the above-listed spark plugs are good, we think that the option from Autolite is the best one. Unlike its counterparts, it comes with a 5-year warranty and perfectly suits Ram 1500. It is easily the best platinum spark plug for Dodge trucks!
Best Dodge Ram 1500 Spark Plugs: Double Platinum Products Review
Double platinum plugs offer even better efficiency and longevity than their single-plated counterparts. At the same time, they are less expensive than iridium products. We have listed the best Dodge Ram spark plugs recommended for 5.7L with double platinum construction.
This product is just awesome! Bosch did a great work producing these spark plugs. We were 100% satisfied with them.
- Offers a much better service life in comparison to copper counterparts
- Utilizes ultrafine wires to ensure impeccable performance
- Strengthened platinum firing pin thanks to 360° laser welding
- Comes with a five-year warranty from Bosch
- Provides a perfect fit just like the OE replacement parts
- Offers amazing value for the money
- These spark plugs have no disadvantages at all!
In general, this product is nearly as good as Bosch 8161. Nevertheless, the latter has a better warranty and a slightly sturdier design. If you can choose between those two, you should pick Bosch.
- Each plug has double platinum conductors to minimize wear
- V-trimmed electrodes combined with fine wire improve ignition
- Provides quick acceleration
- Preserves stable temperature under the highest loads
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- It provides a faster throttle response
- The warranty period is too short in comparison to its Bosch counterpart
It is a great product from Autolite with a 5-year warranty. It features platinum-to-platinum firing for better ignition. Thanks to the full copper core electrode, the plug can withstand even the highest temperatures.
Even though this is not the very best double platinum spark plug, it is still very good. We had to gap some of the plugs before installation. As for the rest, they are perfect.
- Minimized gap erosion thanks to high-quality platinum tips
- Optimizes the engine’s performance to prolong its life span
- Improves fuel economy
- Center electrode requires less voltage than copper plugs
- Suitable for use under heavy load
- The plug comes with a 5-year warranty
- We had to manually set the gap on some spark plugs before installation
Verdict On Double Platinum Spark Plugs
Bosch 8161 is hands down the best spark plug for 5.7 HEMI on the market. Designed and manufactured in Germany, it guarantees impeccable operation under high loads. Do note that both Autolite and Champion platinum plugs are also good. Nevertheless, they just cannot stand the competition with Bosch.
Dodge Ram 5.7L Spark Plugs FAQ
How Do I Know That it is Time to Change Plugs?
Here are the major signs of worn-out plugs. You should be able to notice them easily:
- Rattling and knocking noises. When the pistons are not working properly, you will hear unusual sounds from your engine. Most of the time, it happens due to misfiring. Old plugs might misfire at high speeds, which causes noises.
- You have difficulties starting your truck.If your Dodge cannot start properly, there is a huge chance that the spark plugs are malfunctioning.
- Slow acceleration.Malfunctioning plugs seriously reduce the acceleration of the truck. Is your Ram 1500 acts weird and does not accelerate as fast as it used to? Then you might need to replace the plugs.
- Increased fuel consumption.Worn out plugs are the common cause for poor fuel economy. It happens since your truck cannot receive the proper spark at the right time.
If you experiencing some of these symptoms, do not ignore them. Buy Dodge Ram spark plugs recommended for your model and replace them.
How Can I Find a Spark Plug Replacement for my Ram 1500?
There are many factors to consider when picking spark plugs. They include dimensions, heat range, projection and more. Fortunately, you can find suitable options immediately. Most of the trustworthy manufacturers offer parts finders on their websites. We have listed them below.
How Many Spark Plugs in a Hemi 5.7L Engine Do I Need?
The HEMI Magnum 5.7l engine has two valves per cylinder as well as two spark plugs per cylinder. Therefore, you will need 16 spark plugs for your vehicle in total.
What is the Difference between Different Ram 1500 Engines?
Modern Ram 1500 trucks come in four engine variants:
5.7L HEMI® V8 with eTorque
5.7L HEMI® V8
3.6L Pentastar® V6 with eTorque
3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine
Both 5.7L Hemi engines have the same type of spark plugs. As we have mentioned above, you will need 16 spark plugs (2 per cylinder).
The 3.6L and 3.0L engines require different spark plugs. The options listed on our page will not fit.
The same applies to Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 trucks. Only the models with 5.7L Hemi engines support spark plugs from our rating list.
What Types of Spark Plugs Are There?
Even though all spark plugs look similar, they can be very different. Certain products are more efficient than others. Expensive plugs offer better performance and durability.
The quality of a spark plug depends on the materials. Usually, they are made of copper. However, the premium products are manufactured from iridium or platinum.
There are four types of plugs available on the market. You can read more about each of them below:
- Copper/nickel spark plugs. This is the most popular type of spark plug. They have a solid copper core and nickel electrodes. These materials are softer in comparison to platinum or iridium. Therefore, such plugs are much less durable. These plugs are usually best for older, low-voltage vehicles. Because of copper’s high conductivity, some high-performance trucks require them for stable operation.
2. Platinum spark plugs. The sturdy platinum metal in the electrode of these plugs makes them last longer than their copper counterparts. Thanks to temperature resistance, platinum models tend to run hotter. It helps to prevent the buildup of deposits and fouling. These types of spark plugs are aimed at modern vehicles with an electronic ignition system.
3. Double platinum spark plugs. They are very similar to standard platinum plugs. However, they not only have a platinum center electrode. This type of plug also has platinum on the ground electrode. Thanks to that, double platinum options have a slightly longer life.
4. Iridium spark plugs. They are sturdier than platinum options, so they last for a longer period. Usually, iridium spark plugs last around 25% longer than their platinum counterparts. They have a very small center electrode. Therefore, iridium plugs require less voltage. This is the reason why most of the modern car manufacturers recommend using them.
You need to use the recommended spark plugs for Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi depending on the release year of your vehicle. If you are looking for the most durable option, then you need to pick iridium products.
Most car owners who are looking for the best value prefer platinum products. They combine good longevity and an affordable price.
How Often Do I Need to Change Plugs?
The recommended replacement interval depends on the type of plug. It ranges from 10,000 miles for the cheapest copper products to 150,000 for iridium options. Check the manual of your spark plugs to find it out for sure.
Can Spark Plugs Increase Vehicle’s Performance?
Yes. You should try to use recommended spark plugs for Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. The power output might rise to 5%! Do note that this only applies to older vehicles. Modern engines are already equipped with top-performance plugs, so you might not notice the difference. The biggest performance improvements in most of the cases are a better starting and smoother running engine.
What Type of Spark Plugs Offers the Best Performance?
Copper plugs provide more power than their expensive counterparts. Unfortunately, iridium and platinum are not as conductive as copper is. Expensive options are more likely to overheat under heavy load.
Are the More Expensive Spark Plugs Worth Their Cost?
Yes, they definitely worth the money. Premium plugs are extremely durable and efficient. However, it is up to you whether you should use them.
What is the Spark Plug Gap Specification for Dodge 1500?
How Do I Gap Spark Plugs?
You can decrease the gap on some plugs without any special tools. Just press the ground electrode to a hard surface as slow as you can. Do not push it too hard to avoid damaging the center electrode!
To increase the gap, you will need to buy a gap tool. You can get it in local car shops for several bucks. They are also available on Amazon.
Some companies offer plugs that are not designed to be gapped. Do not even try to re-gap these!
Should I Use Grease On Spark Plugs?
If you apply grease on the thread, the tightening of the spark plug increases when applying the same torque. This can cause damage to the part. Moreover, it might come loose due to vibrations. That is why most manufacturers do not recommend using thread lubricants.
Professional mechanics advise against using copper grease.
However, some car enthusiasts use dialectic grease for easier removal of the boot when replacing plugs.
Thanks to our guide, now you know how to make the right purchase. There is no need to waste many hours searching the market by yourself. Instead, just pick one of the options from your list. All of them will improve the performance of your truck.
Have you tried any of the products from our list? Share your experience in the comments below! We will be happy to hear your suggestions regarding the best plugs for Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Let us know if you think we have overlooked any good options in this article.