Power Stop is a popular car part manufacturer that offers brake upgrades for most vehicles. Components from this brand are meant to provide impeccable quality at an affordable cost. The company produces a wide selection of brake kits for the front, rear, or all four wheels of a vehicle.
Given the abundance of products offered by this brand, we want to make sure they are worth their money. On this page, you will find in-depth Power Stop brake reviews. We have thoroughly tested the most popular products from this brand to find out are Power Stop brakes any good.
The Ultimate Power Stop Brakes Review
Top 12 Products of 2020
Best Products of All Categories Quick Reference Table
Best Product for Performance & Muscle Cars
Best Product for Everyday Use
Best Products for Trucks and 4x4's: Power Stop Brakes Reviews
Power Stop offers premium brake sets for truck owners. If you are looking for the best upgrade for your 4×4 vehicle, products from this manufacturer will not disappoint you. The sets include all the installation hardware and are ready to use right out of the box. Below, you can find our detailed Power Stop Z36 reviews.
This front brake kit is the perfect option for 4×4 vehicles. Recommended for hauling, Power Stop Z36 will increase the braking performance of your car. The pads provide incredible stopping power and are manufactured from a unique compound developed by the company. At the same time, you will not suffer decreased drivability. The set includes a pair of front brakes and the installation hardware.
To make this Powerstop Z36 review, we have been testing the product for several weeks. It demonstrated incredible performance! It is an awesome option for any truck driver.
- The pads are made of an exclusive compound to offer impeccable braking efficiency
- Brakes work great in harsh conditions
- Provides silent braking due to high-quality shims
- The rotors are slotted and drilled for maximum cooling
- Offers a decent price/quality ratio
- The rotors' anti-rust protection offers decent longevity
- The product has a hardware kit including a lubricant designed for ceramic brakes
- The pads produce a lot of brake dust
This set includes both rear and front brakes for trucks. It comes with red-colored calipers for increased rust resistance and prolonged service life. According to numerous Power Stop rotor reviews, they are completely identical to the OE parts. We tend to believe that since these brakes fir our Ford F-150 perfectly. Just like the other sets of the Z36 series, this product includes all the hardware needed for installation.
To conclude this Power Stop review, we think that this is a great product. It is perfectly suited for operation under harsh conditions.
- Designed to handle extra-heavy loads
- Includes brake pads made of proprietary ceramic compound strengthened with carbon fibers
- Generates less brake dust than the OE brakes
- Comes with drilled rotors that provide enhance cooling thus prolonging the service life
- Ready to use right out of the box
- The package includes brake lubricant and highly durable installation hardware
- Comes with calipers treated with an anti-rust coating
- The kit is a bit pricey
Yet another Z36 set, K2164-36 includes rear and front brakes for 4×4 vehicles. Manufactured of heavy-duty materials, they are very efficient. You will notice the improved braking performance as soon as you install these brakes. It is a great kit if you are planning to change every single brake without wasting too much money. As usual, it comes with advanced hardware made of stainless steel.
This is a cheaper kit, which includes both rear and front brakes. It is just as good as the previous product from our list but it lacks calipers. During our tests for this Power Stop brake pad review, we were completely satisfied with the product.
- Carbon-fiber pads ensure an outstanding braking performance
- Suitable for operation under extreme conditions thanks to the slotted rotors made of stainless steel
- Manufactured with silver zinc plating to ensure great looks and improved life span
- The Power Stop rotors are easy to clean thanks to the rounded slots
- These brakes are extremely quiet
- It comes at a great price/quality ratio, which makes it affordable for all drivers
- One of the rotors in the kit we received was coated poorly
Power Stop Brakes Reviews: Conclusion on the Z36 Series Brakes
Best Products for Performance & Muscle Cars: Powerstop Brake Pads Review
Looking for advanced brake upgrades aimed at muscle card and performance vehicles? Then read these Powerstop brake reviews of the Z26 series products! These kits will ensure a precise and safe stop under any circumstances. They are suitable for most of the popular muscle cars.
This brake pad kit is perfectly suited for muscle cars. These brakes are made to provide impeccable performance at high speeds. The product is meant for drivers who need shorter stops under the most challenging conditions. The brakes do not affect controllability in any way and are very quiet. Those who are looking for dust-free brake pads should consider buying this product!
We have thoroughly tested this product when making our Power Stop ceramic brake pads review. It is a very decent option for muscle cars indeed.
- The proprietary ceramic formula ensures top-notch performance and reduces the stopping distance
- Provides dust-free, clean braking performance
- Brakes dissipate heat due to the steel shims
- Brakes do not make a sound even when decelerating from high speed
- Includes an advanced hardware kit and a brake lubricant
- Unfortunately, they squeak on some vehicles
There is a pair of rear brakes for muscle cars and performance vehicles. The product guarantees good performance even under harsh conditions. The brakes do not make much noise and work well. At the same time, these pads are dust-free and easy to install. The package includes installation hardware, so you can use these pads right out of the box. When making this Power Stop brake pads review, we had strictly positive feelings about them.
These are decent rear brake pads for heavy use. We enjoyed this product when making this Powerstop brake pad review. However, some hardware was missing in our kit.
- Pads provide less dust than the OE counterparts
- Equipped with advanced shims for efficient heat dissipation
- These brake pads are nearly silent
- Provide high performance at the highest speeds
- It comes with a hardware kit, so you can use it as soon as you open the box
- Our kit was missing some hardware
Yet another set of decent rear pads, this product is a decent purchase for any driver. Pads are extremely efficient and easy to install thanks to the included hardware. These brakes are perfect for those who are striving to decrease the stopping distance. They do not make car handling worse and do not produce much noise. If you need a set of rear brakes free of dust with a good price/quality ratio, you can buy this option!
A cheap set of rear brake pads made to offer extreme performance. We have tested it to create this Power Stop brake review and had no problems.
- The pad is manufactured out of high-quality ceramic with the use of carbon
- Brakes pad fit perfectly for most of the supported vehicles
- The steel backing plate is engineered to maximize the braking performance
- Protected from corrosion with a unique coating
- Z26 Carbon-fiber brake pad set includes grease and a high-quality hardware kit
- These brake pads wore out rather quickly
Powerstop Brake Kit Reviews: Conclusion on the Z26 Series Brakes
Let us sum up our Z26 series Powerstop brake kit review. We liked them! These brakes provide impressive braking performance while being very quiet. They are indeed suitable for most muscle car owners. Despite the below-average price, the pads provide great quality and minimize the stopping distance. If you are looking for an everyday option for your muscle car, we recommend picking one of these products.
Best Products for Everyday Use: Power Stop Z23 Evolution Brake Kits Review
The Z23 series is aimed at drivers who are seeking the perfect balance between the drivability and stopping power. Below, you can find our Power Stop Evolution reviews of the most popular brake kits on the market. We have tested every single one of them to find out if they are worth it.
We decided to start our Power Stop Z23 pads review with this inexpensive set. In contrast to the previous kits listed in the rating list, this product is designed for average car drivers. Do note that it does not mean these brakes are bad. On the contrary, they offer premium quality at a good price. The pads are made with the help of the advanced proprietary technologies. Given the severe-duty braking power, this product is a great choice for everyday use.
High-quality yet inexpensive brake kit made for front wheels. One of the best options for undemanding drivers.
- Advanced ceramic pads strengthened with fiber for impeccable stopping power
- Produces a reduced amount of brake dust in comparison to the OE parts
- Rubberized shims minimize noise
- Includes premium rotors that offer an increased service life
- Rotors are protected with anti-corrosion plating made of zinc
- Contains a brake lubricant to prevent squeaking
- Ready to use
- The brake pads might start to make noise after excessive use
This is a great brake kit for the front wheels. It combines good performance with a low price. The durable stainless steel rotors guarantee prolonged service life. At the same time, pads provide a short stopping distance. The product is better than most of the OE options even though it is rather cheap. This kit can be used to improve the overall braking performance at a low price. To conclude this Power Stop brake kit review, it is inexpensive, effective and silent.
A great option for everyday use. Offers impeccable performance at an affordable price.
- Advanced ceramic pads strengthened with fiber for impeccable stopping power
- The pads produce less brake dust than the original counterparts
- Comes with premium rotors that offer an increased service life
- As you can see from our Powerstop rotors review, they are covered with anti-rust plating
- The package includes brake lubricant to prevent squeaking
- Easy to install thanks to the included hardware
- The included brake pads will not last for long
Evolution brake pads and rotors reviews are a joy to make! The kit has both rotors and ceramic pads. Thanks to the included hardware, the set can be used right out of the box. These brakes are suitable for everyday use in the city. They are very quiet and offer a short stopping distance. Nearly every Power Stop rotor review mentions that both rotors fit the vehicle perfectly. There will not be any problems with the installation! Considering all the above, you should consider buying this option.
A decent brake kit for the front wheels. Given the low price, it offers amazing value.
- Pads provide less dust than their OE counterparts
- Comes with rubberized shims for efficient heat dissipation
- Both brake pads and rotors fit perfectly for the supported cars
- The rotors are fully protected from rust with a zinc plating
- The package includes grease and a hardware kit
- Comes at a very low price
- We would like the included brake pads to last for a longer period
Powerstop Brakes Reviews: Conclusion on the Z23 Series Brakes
Every product out of Power Stop Evolution brake pads review is a decent choice for most car owners. These kits come at affordable prices and are much better than most of the OE spare parts. Just read our Power Sport brake kit review to find out whether a product suits your needs. If you are an undemanding driver who wants to get the best value for the money, you will be satisfied with any product of the Z23 series.
Best Products According to Users: Powerstop Reviews
If you are still not sure what kind of brake kit to buy, just pick one of the most popular ones. In this paragraph, we have tested the very best products according to Amazon users. Myriads of users have been satisfied with these options.
This is hands down the most popular Power Stop product on Amazon. Nearly every power stop brake pads and rotors review of this kit is positive. We have tested it and were fully satisfied too! The product offers amazing braking performance and fits our Toyota Tacoma pickup perfectly. It was very easy to install and the build quality has pleasantly surprised us.
These brakes work great and look great. One of the best stop brakes in the 2020 rating list!
- Pads are made from Power Top certified ceramic compound reinforced with carbon fibers
- The package includes pin bushings, lubricant and stainless steel hardware
- Suitable for crossovers, SUVs, trucks and daily-driven cars
- As stated in our Power Stop rotors review, they are made of very durable stainless steel
- Rotors are covered with silver zinc plating for increased longevity
- According to most Evolution brake pads reviews, they are very effective
- Both rotors are guaranteed to fit your vehicle
- The price is a bit too high
Nearly every single Power Stop pads review on this product’s page is positive. It is yet another Z23 kit for the front wheels. We have tested it to make a Powerstop Evolution review. These brakes turned out to be very good! This kit is slightly more expensive than the previous option, but it is worth it. One of our testers decided to keep it on his vehicle.
This is an incredibly good solution for the front wheels. If you do not mind overpaying for the quality, you should buy it.
- It can easily handle heavy loads
- The brake pads are made of proprietary ceramic compound reinforced with carbon fibers
- Generates less dust than most of the OE counterparts
- The drilled rotors provide enhanced cooling, ensuring a prolonged service life
- Can be used straight out of the box
- As stated in our Evolution brakes review, products of this series are silent
- The package comes with durable hardware and a tube of effective brake grease
- We only wish this brake kit was cheaper
This is a pair of front brakes suited for heavy load. They provide high-end performance under any circumstances. The product has some of the highest-rated Power Stop brake kit reviews. According to numerous users, the brakes do not make much noise and work well. At the same time, these pads are dust-free and easy to install. The package includes installation hardware, so you can use these pads right out of the box.
A high-end front brake kit for trucks and 4x4 vehicles. After our Powerstop brakes review, it is clear that this is a good purchase for people who value safety.
- Can withstand extra heavy loads
- Comes with ceramic brake pads strengthened with carbon fibers
- It is very easy to clean
- Comes with drilled rotors that provide enhance cooling thus prolonging the service life
- Ready to use right out of the box
- The package includes brake lubricant and installation hardware
- We could not find one of the brake pins in the package
- The price is rather high
Power Stop Brake Kits Review: Conclusion on the Most Popular Brakes
As you might have expected, the most popular products are worthy indeed. The more Power Stop brake rotor reviews, the better the overall quality. All three options offer outstanding braking performance without being overly expensive. Almost every Power Stop Evolution brake kit review acknowledges the pads are amazing. The Z36 option is also great for a powerful truck. Considering the above, you will be happy with any of these brake kits.
Car Braking System FAQ
Thanks to our Power Stop brake reviews, you should be able to pick a suitable product for your vehicle. However, there are many other things to discover about a braking system. If you have never changed brake pads before, we recommend learning car brake basics below.
How do brakes work?
Brakes are a crucial component of any vehicle. They absorb energy from a moving system to slow down or stop. There are two types of car brakes:
- Disc Brakes (used on front and rear wheels);
- Drums Brakes (used on rear wheels on older cars).
When you push the brake pedal, the vehicle’s cylinders power the brake pads. It is possible due to the brake fluid, which flows to the calipers under pressure. The pressure from the brake pads is applied to the vehicle’s rotors. They, in turn, provide the friction necessary to slow down the car.
As you can see from our Power Stop reviews, the company offers both front and rear brakes. If you opt for this manufacturer, you will find brake upgrade kits that suit your vehicle without a fuss.
What is a Brake Inspection?
A complex brake system exists behind every wheel of a vehicle. It consists of numerous parts, including the following:
- Brake pads;
- Parking brake cables;
- Wheel cylinders;
- Wheel bearings;
- Rotary shaft seals;
- Fluid hoses.
From time to time, make sure the whole system operates well. The best way to do it is to have the car inspected by a professional mechanic. On the other hand, you can check the brakes yourself. Do note this is a tiresome process so do it only if you have sufficient time.
How Often Do I need to have the Braking System Inspected?
Your car’s brakes must provide effective stopping power whenever you are driving. The only way to guarantee a precise and safe stop is to inspect the braking system regularly. Inspect the car at least once a year. If there are warning signs that the brakes are precarious, do not hesitate to check the vehicle right away.
Review the car’s manual. Often, they include brake inspection intervals recommended by the manufacturer. Follow them to ensure benign driving. Fortunately, the inspection is not costly. Therefore, never delay a brake inspection unless you wish to risk your wellbeing!
When is it time to Change Car Brakes?
Inspect your brakes if you are experiencing one of the below-listed issues:
- Strange noises. Usually, faulty brakes produce unusual screeching or whining sounds. If you are hearing a high-pitch noise during the braking, it is time to replace the brake pads.
- Brake indicator lights. If you see a warning light on your car’s dashboard, there might be an issue with your brakes.
- Unusual vibrations. Among other signs of faulty breaks are strange vibrations that occur when your press the brake pedal. If the steering wheel is shaking, you might need to resurface or replace your rotors.
- Soft brake pedal. You must inspect your brakes immediately if the brake pedal is not as stiff as it used to be and you can press it down to the floor. Your master cylinder might be malfunctioning, which is extremely dangerous.
- Hard brake pedal. If you need to press the brake pedal very hard to stop your car, it is not a good sign either. Usually, it means that your brake assist mechanism is not working anymore. You need to get it fixed.
- Leaking fluid.
- You will probably have to change the cylinder if the vehicle leaks brake fluid. Show your car to a professional mechanic to make sure all braking components are operating properly. Do not ignore leakages if they occur regularly!
- Tire rotation. If your vehicle skews to one side when you are using brakes, you might have a faulty brake hose or your caliper has stuck. In this situation, you should ask a mechanic to inspect the braking system.
All of these problems can result in a tragedy if not addressed on time. Do not ride your car until you fix them! Instead, check our Power Stop brakes and rotors review. Pick a suitable replacement option to avoid any possible problems!
How Can I Inspect My Vehicle’s Brakes Myself?
Most car manufacturers recommend inspecting disc brakes every 10,000 miles. However, you should check them whenever you have some of the above-listed issues. Nowadays, the majority of cars are using disc brakes on every single wheel. Nevertheless, some vehicles might still have drum discs on the rear wheels. No matter how old your car is, the checking process is always the same. Just follow our guide step-by-step to make sure your vehicle is fine!
Here are the steps to follow when inspecting car brakes:
- Jack up your car take one of the wheels off. Check one wheel at a time.
2. Inspect the rotor. It should be smooth to the touch. There is no need to remove it! Just check the visible part. Make sure there is no scoring, rust or uneven wear.
3. Inspect the caliper. Wait for the component cool off if you have driven your car recently! Grab the caliper and carefully shake it. The element should sit stiffly. If it is shaking, you probably need to tighten the bolts.
4. Inspect the brake pads. There should be an inspection hole in your caliper. You can take a look at the brake pads without removing any parts. The lining of the pads should be at least 1/4 of an inch in depth. If the linings have worn out completely and you can see the metal, you must replace the pads as soon as you can.
5. Place the wheel back and lower the vehicle. As soon as you finish checking the brakes, you can proceed to the next wheel.
As you can see, you can easily check your brakes. If there are any problems, read our Powerstop brake review. Choose a decent replacement part right now if you need it!
Power Stop Brakes FAQ
Are Power Stop Brakes Good?
Yes, they are. That is the reason why so many car owners respect this brand. The company makes great replacement parts! It has been on the market for over 25 years. The manufacturer uses high-quality materials and impeccable engineering solutions.
Power Stop makes everything possible to provide the best braking solutions for cars and trucks. The company conducts extensive testing to develop the best rotor and pad combinations. In the end, its customers receive some of the best options on the market. Car enthusiasts from automotive forums speak very high about this brand.
Given the affordable pricing, Power Stop brake kits offer amazing value. You will not be disappointed with its products! Just check our detailed Power Stop brake rotors review. These products offer incredible brake performance available to every car owner.
Who Makes Power Stop Brakes?
Every single component offered by the brand is designed in the United States. The best engineers utilize advanced technologies to ensure high braking performance. However, most of the parts are manufactured overseas. They are produced strictly to the specifications and blueprints of the company.
How do I make sure Power Stop brakes fit my vehicle?You can read the Powerstop brake rotors review to see the supported vehicles. However, there is a better way to pick a suitable option. Just visit the manufacturer’s official website! Follow these steps to pick the right brake kit for your car:
- Visit the Power Stop website;
- Find the EZ-BRAKE FINDER form on the main page;
- Select your vehicle’s year, make, model and sub-model;
- Select the type of brake kit you want (front, rear, or front & rear);
- Click the “Find Brakes” button.
How Should I lubricate Power Stop Brakes?
Most of the kits offered by the brand include the brake lubricant. Nearly every Power Stop brake rotor review mentions it. Do note that you only need to use a thin layer of it! Apply the lubricant on clips, caliper pins and edges of the mounting tabs. This way you will prevent brakes from making squeaking noises.
How Often Should I Change Power Stop Products?
In general, car brakes last for about 50 thousand miles. Check the Powerstop brake rotor review to learn a more accurate number.
The exact period depends on many factors, including the following:
- Your driving habits;
- Brake pad hardness;
- How much weight is carried by car;
- Brake pad materials;
- How often you drive your vehicle.
All of these factors affect the lifespan of your brakes. The expected service life is listed in the user’s manual.
What are the Best Alternatives to Power Stop?
You do not have to use Power Stop. There are other decent car brakes manufacturers, including the following:
ACDelco. This manufacturer produces rotors, drums, brake pads, calipers, and other components. Its products provide high performance at a decent price. Besides brakes, ACDelco sells a variety of the other aftermarket car parts.
Akebono. This Japanese company offers premium brake pads. Every single product of the company is made in the USA. These pads are environmentally friendly and extremely efficient. However, the price is higher in comparison to competitors.
Bosch. The German company provides some of the best aftermarket components for braking systems. It offers both brake pads and rotors of the highest quality. Every single product is balanced for smooth operation.
Wagner. This brand offers rotors and pads for cars, pickups, SUVs and CUVs. Its products are highly popular on Amazon. The company offers very good performance at a low price.
EBC Brakes. Worldwide known car part brand, it offers brake kits for most cars. There are many inexpensive EBC products with a good price/quality ratio.
All the above-listed brands offer decent brake replacement parts at an affordable price. If you cannot find a suitable Power Stop kit, just buy an alternative!
Do Power Stop Brakes Have a Warranty?
Yes, of course! All Power Stop brake kits have a 36-month or 36,000-mile warranty. You will be able to replace a malfunctioning item without any problems.
We hope that this article has helped you to find out are Powerstop brakes any good. Thanks to our reviews, you should be able to pick the most effective replacement kit for your vehicle. Make the right purchase and enjoy the unmatchable braking performance!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Additionally, we would like to hear what you think about Power Stop brake kits. Have you ever used brakes from this manufacturer before? Did you like them? Do not hesitate to share your experience!