Table Of Contents
- 0.1 Top 3 Toyota 4Runner Running Boards
- 0.2 Best in General – Tyger Auto TG-AM2T20148 Star Armor Kit| Textured Black | Side Step Rails | Nerf Bars | Running Boards – FOR 2010-2022 TOYOTA 4RUNNER TRAIL EDITION; 2014-2022 4RUNNER SR5 / TRD PRO
- 0.3 Best Balance – EAG Steel Running Boards Side Step Rails | Nerf Bars | Side Armor – FOR 2010-2020 4RUNNER
- 0.4 Best Choice – APS Drop Steps Running Boards Rocker Slider – FOR TOYOTA 4RUNNER 2010-2016 TRAIL & 17-22 TRD OFF-ROAD & 2014-2022 SR5
- 0.5 Who Are the Top Manufacturers?
- 1 Review of Toyota 4Runner Running Boards
- 1.1 Tyger Auto TG-LD2T60148 Tyger Lander Drop Step Running Boards | Textured Black | Nerf Bars – FOR 2010-2022 TOYOTA 4RUNNER TRAIL EDITION; 2014-2022 SR5 / TRD PRO
- 1.2 APS iArmor 6.5in Nerf Bars Square Tube – FOR TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5 TRAIL 14-22
- 1.3 APS Off-Road 6.5in Side Armor Aluminum Running Boards (Nerf Bars Side Steps Side Bars) – FOR TOYOTA 4RUNNER 2010-2016 TRAIL & 17-22 TRD OFF-ROAD & 2014-2022 SR5
- 1.4 Tips and Tricks for Installing Running Boards
- 1.5 What To Consider When Selecting Running Boards?
- 1.6 Benefits of Having Running Boards
- 1.7 FAQs on 4Runner running boards
- 22.214.171.124 Q: How do 4Runner running boards work?
- 126.96.36.199 Q: What are 4Runner running boards made of?
- 188.8.131.52 Q: How easy are 4Runner running boards to install?
- 184.108.40.206 Q: What are the benefits of 4Runner running boards?
- 220.127.116.11 Q: Are 4Runner running boards safe?
- 18.104.22.168 Q: Where can I buy 4Runner running boards?
- 22.214.171.124 Q: How often do 4Runner running boards need to be replaced?
- 126.96.36.199 Q: How do I clean 4Runner running boards?
Are you in the market for 4runner running boards? If so, you’re in luck! This article will provide a comprehensive review of the best running boards for 4runners on the market today. We’ll take a look at some of the most popular brands and models, and help you decide which set of running boards is right for your vehicle. So, whether you’re looking for something simple and basic or something more luxurious, we’ve got you covered!
The Toyota 4Runner is a versatile and popular SUV, and it’s no surprise that many 4Runner owners are looking for ways to improve its appearance and functionality. Running boards are one of the most popular 4Runner accessories on the market, and for good reason. Not only do they provide a convenient step up into the vehicle, but they also add a touch of style. The 4Runner has been on sale for over 30 years now, and in that time there have been many different running board designs and styles. So, whether you’re looking for 4runner running boards that are simple and functional or something more flashy and stylish, there’s sure to be a set out there that’s perfect for you.
Top 3 Toyota 4Runner Running Boards
Best in General – Tyger Auto TG-AM2T20148 Star Armor Kit| Textured Black | Side Step Rails | Nerf Bars | Running Boards – FOR 2010-2022 TOYOTA 4RUNNER TRAIL EDITION; 2014-2022 4RUNNER SR5 / TRD PRO
These running boards are compatible with the following models:
- 2010-2022 Toyota Trail Edition
- 2014-2020 Toyota SR* / TRD Pro
The 4runner trail running boards are made of aluminum and are powder coated black to match the look of your Toyota. The running boards have a width of 12 inches and a depth of six inches. They are also Tyger Auto’s Star Armor running boards which have a textured black finish and sidestep rails. The running boards have a weight limit of 500 pounds. The running boards come with a five-year warranty from the date of purchase for US customers. The installation is very easy and require no drilling. These running boards include the Dual Grinder system which provides protection from underfloor impacts. These running boards are a great addition to your Toyota and make getting in and out much easier. The 2010 – 2022 4runner running boards are made with a one-piece design that is resistant to corrosion. The Tyger running boards are compatible to the quality of the OEM running boards for Toyota 4runner.
- Is a solid and heavy-duty product
- Makes roof access easier
- Excellent product and packing design
- Easy installation process
- Fitment may be an issue
- Product may be prone to rusting
Best Balance – EAG Steel Running Boards Side Step Rails | Nerf Bars | Side Armor – FOR 2010-2020 4RUNNER
If you are looking for running boards for a Toyota 4runner, these are the perfect option. The EAG steel running boards are made from heavy-duty alloy steel and are powder coated for a long-lasting finish. These running boards are compatible with 2010 – 2020 4Runner excluding the following models.
- 2010 – 1013 SR5
- 2010 – 2020 TRD ALL
- 2020 Nightshade
The EAG Steel running boards are equipped with welded end caps and an anti-slip surface for a safe and secure ride. Installation is easy and can be completed in less than one hour with minimal tools required using the mounting brackets provided with the product. UV protection ensures that these running boards will not fade or crack in the sun. The running boards weigh 102.07 pounds and measure at L: 68.11 x W: 10.63 x H: 11.02 inches.
- Well-built product
- Easy to assemble and install
- Sturdy and well-built to protect the vehicle
- Center bracket may not line up properly
- Disappointing customer service
Best Choice – APS Drop Steps Running Boards Rocker Slider – FOR TOYOTA 4RUNNER 2010-2016 TRAIL & 17-22 TRD OFF-ROAD & 2014-2022 SR5
These tough looking running boards are made from high quality aluminum and feature a matte black powder coat finish for long lasting durability. The rocker slider design provides a safe and easy way to enter and exit the vehicle. Supporting 300lbs per side, these running boards are perfect for anyone looking to add some extra functionality and style to their Toyota. These running boards are suitable for urban and off-road use. They can be easily installed with no drilling required. OEM quality and fitment make these running boards a perfect addition to any Toyota. The items weigh 47.9 pounds and come with all the mounting hardware.
- Gives the SUV an aggressive look
- Good customer responses from the company
- The Sturdy-looking running boards
- Easy to install with basic mechanic skills
- The bolts will snap if overtightened during the installation process
Who Are the Top Manufacturers?
Toyota 4runner running boards are made by several manufacturers. Some of the top companies that make 4runner running boards are Tyger Auto, APS, and EAG Steel. All three companies make high quality 4runner running boards that will last for many years. When selecting running boards for Toyota 4Runner, each of these companies offer several of the best 4runner running boards.
Tyger Auto is based in Southern California and has been in business since 2001. They are a manufacturer of automotive aftermarket products, including running boards, side steps, grill guards, and more. All of their products are made in the USA, and they offer a lifetime warranty on all of their running boards.
APS running boards are made by American Plastic Solutions, which is based in Florida. APS has been making running boards for over 20 years and offers a variety of different styles to choose from. APS running boards are made from high quality materials and come with a lifetime warranty on most occasions.
EAG Steel is an American manufacturer of running boards and side steps based in Los Angeles and Memphis. All of their running boards are made in the USA with high quality materials. EAG offers a variety of different running board styles for the Toyota 4Runner. EAG steel is a great choice for those looking for a high quality, American made running board.
When looking for running boards for your Toyota, it is important to select a high-quality product that will last. The three manufacturers listed above offer some of the best running boards on the market. Be sure to select a style that you like and that will fit your Toyota well.
Review of Toyota 4Runner Running Boards
Tyger Auto TG-LD2T60148 Tyger Lander Drop Step Running Boards | Textured Black | Nerf Bars – FOR 2010-2022 TOYOTA 4RUNNER TRAIL EDITION; 2014-2022 SR5 / TRD PRO
These running boards with a Drop Step Design which gives improved accessibility are easy to install with the provided brackets, bolts and instructions. They are made from high-strength aluminum alloy and feature a textured black powder coat finish. These running boards will provide years of trouble-free use and are backed by Tyger’s 5-year Warranty. They include the installation guide, brackets, bolts and washers. These can be seen as one of the best running boards for 4runner. The full body E-coating provides great corrosion protection, resistance, and durability. The Tyger auto running boards have the style of OEM Toyota 4runner running boards and they can be used as 2021 4runner running boards, 2020 4runner running boards, 2019 4runner running boards, 2018 Toyota 4runner running boards, 2016 4runner running boards and 2015 4runner running boards. These are a great replacement for Toyota 4runner OEM running boards.
- Sturdy and easy to install running boards
- Good product at a fair price
- Very functional and well-built product
- May hang too low on a stock 4Runner
- Used and returned products may be shipped
APS iArmor 6.5in Nerf Bars Square Tube – FOR TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5 TRAIL 14-22
These 5th gen 4runner running boards are made using heavy-duty aluminum construction and offer a unique no-drill installation process that makes it easy to add them to your vehicle. They also have a textured black powder coat finish that will look great with your vehicle’s existing color scheme. The weight limit is 300 pounds, so they are perfect for larger drivers or those who like to bring along a lot of gear when they hit the trails. These provide better fuel efficiency due to the fact that their all aluminum construction. These have a dual function of being running boards as well as nerf bars. They are great for anyone looking to improve the look of their vehicle while also gaining some functionality and protection. Rust resistance is another important factor to consider when looking for running boards and these have you covered with their corrosion-resistant powder coating.
- Made with nicely powder coated, light aluminum.
- Great fitting steps.
- Supports the weight limit mentioned
- Instructions may be misplaced
- Brackets are made from steel and may be prone to rusting
APS Off-Road 6.5in Side Armor Aluminum Running Boards (Nerf Bars Side Steps Side Bars) – FOR TOYOTA 4RUNNER 2010-2016 TRAIL & 17-22 TRD OFF-ROAD & 2014-2022 SR5
These easy to install 4runner running boards are made from high-quality T6061 aluminum and have a durable black powder coat finish. They come with all the necessary installation hardware, and there is no drilling required for installation. These running boards are also rust resistant, so you can be sure they will last for years to come. The 1-piece construction is very sturdy and can support up to 300 pounds. These are a great option for anyone looking for nerf bars that also function as running boards. Openings in the Grille help to keep the product clean. They can also serve as rock sliders due to their construction.
- Functional sidestep
- Adds a sporty look
- Very sturdy fitment
- Mounting hardware may rust
- May require professional installation
Tips and Tricks for Installing Running Boards
When installing Toyota 4runner running boards, there are a few things you can do to make the process go more smoothly. Here are some tips:
- Make sure you have all of the necessary installation hardware before you start. This will help to avoid any delays or trips to the hardware store later on.
- If possible, have a friend help you install the running boards. This will make the process go much more quickly and easily.
- Make sure the surface where you are installing the running boards is clean and free of dirt, dust, or debris. This will help to ensure a proper installation.
- Be careful not to overtighten the screws or bolts when installing the running boards. Doing so could cause damage to the vehicle or the running boards themselves. Follow the instructions carefully and use a torque wrench if necessary.
- If you are having trouble fitting the running boards, try heating them up with a heat gun. This will help to make the process easier and will also prevent any damage to the running boards.
Installing 4runner running boards is a great way to improve the look of your vehicle and add some extra protection. By following these tips and tricks, you can be sure that your installation will go smoothly and that your running boards will last for years to come.
What To Consider When Selecting Running Boards?
There are a few things to consider before purchasing 4runner running boards, such as your budget, the vehicle’s color and style, and your personal preferences. 4runner running boards can range in price from around $100 to over $1000, so it’s important to set a budget before you start shopping. Additionally, 4runner running boards are available in a variety of colors and styles to match or contrast with your vehicle. You’ll also want to choose 4runner running boards that fit your personal taste and style. Running boards are made from a variety of materials, including aluminum, stainless steel, and plastic. So whether you’re looking for a sleek and modern look or something more traditional, there’s sure to be a set of 4runner running boards that’s perfect for you. When shopping for 4runner running boards, it’s also important to keep in mind that not all running boards are created equal. There are a few things you’ll want to look for when choosing 4runner running boards, such as the strength and durability of the material, the ease of installation, and the size and shape of the running boards. You’ll also want to make sure that the running boards are compatible with your 4Runner. Some running boards are designed specifically for certain models or years of 4runners, so it’s important to check that the running boards you’re considering will fit your vehicle.
Benefits of Having Running Boards
There are many benefits of having running boards on your Toyota 4Runner SUV. First, they provide a safe and easy way to enter and exit your vehicle. This is especially helpful for children, the elderly, or anyone with mobility issues. Running boards also help protect your paint job from dirt and scratches. They can also make it easier to wash your 4Runner’s windshield and windows.
Another great benefit of running boards is that they make your 4Runner look even more stylish and sporty. If you’re looking to improve the appearance of your vehicle while also making it more functional, running boards are a great option.
Finally, running boards can provide extra stability when driving in difficult conditions such as rain or snow. This is especially important if you frequently drive in hazardous weather conditions.
FAQs on 4Runner running boards
Q: How do 4Runner running boards work?
A: 4Runner running boards are attached to the sides of the vehicle and can be used as a step to get into the car. They are typically made from metal or plastic and can be easily installed.
Q: What are 4Runner running boards made of?
A: 4Runner running boards are typically made of metal or plastic. They are designed to be durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
Q: How easy are 4Runner running boards to install?
A: 4Runner running boards are typically very easy to install. They can be attached in minutes and do not require any special tools or equipment.
Q: What are the benefits of 4Runner running boards?
A: 4Runner running boards provide several benefits. They can help to protect the sides of your vehicle from scratches and dents, and they also provide a step to help you get into your car. Additionally, 4Runner running boards can add a unique look to your vehicle.
Q: Are 4Runner running boards safe?
A: 4Runner running boards are typically very safe. They are made from durable materials and can withstand a lot of wear and tear. Additionally, they are attached to the sides of the vehicle and provide a step to help you get into your car.
Q: Where can I buy 4Runner running boards?
A: 4Runner running boards can be purchased at a variety of retailers, both online and in-store. They are typically very affordable and can be found at most auto parts stores. Additionally, 4Runner running boards can also be found at many online retailers.
Q: How often do 4Runner running boards need to be replaced?
A: 4Runner running boards typically do not need to be replaced very often. They are made from durable materials and can withstand a lot of wear and tear. However, if they are damaged or become worn down, they may need to be replaced.
Q: How do I clean 4Runner running boards?
A: 4Runner running boards can be cleaned with a simple household cleaner. You just need to spray the cleaner on the boards and then wipe them down with a clean cloth. Additionally, 4Runner running boards can also be cleaned with a pressure washer. Just make sur you use a low pressure setting and hold the nozzle at least 12 inches away from the boards.