Google has just launched the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for its Nexus devices and now, Xiaomi Mi3 too can enjoy the new firmware. This is thanks to the XDA developers that have developed the Android 5.0.2 update via CyanogenMod 12 ROM.
While the latest ROM containing the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop might be stable for use, it is still in its early build so there are some issues with it. In detail, there are bugs affecting the Mi3’s Bluetooth connectivity, NFC, camcorder and USB-OTG. Aside from that, everything else works fine for the Mi3.
If you are using the Xiaomi Mi3 and wish to update to the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS, look no further as we have the installation guide below. Just do keep in mind that you will proceed at your own risk. We won’t be held accountable for any damages or file lost that is caused by the updating process.
• Perform a backup of the Mi3 via CWM or TWRP
• Enable USB debugging mode that is found in Settings> Developer Options
• A minimum of 80% battery to avoid service disruption
• The Mi3 should be unlocked, bootloader unlocked and rooted
• CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 ROM and Google Apps package downloaded
1. Connect Mi3 to computer via USB and mount mass storage
2. Copy CM12 ROM zip into Mi3’s root folder found in the SD card
3. Power off the Mi3 and disconnect it from the PC
4. Enter Recovery Mode by holding down Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously
5. Perform full data wipe by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset
6. Then, Wipe Cache Partition and format system
7. Head to advanced and select Wipe Delvik Cache
8. Install Zip from SD Card listed at the main menu
9. Select the ROM file and proceed with installation
10. Repeat Steps 8 and 9 for the Google Apps Package
11. Reboot the Mi3 and it should be running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop when completed