LG users may have moved on with the LG G4 being the latest model running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but that doesn’t mean that the two year old LG G2 is forgotten. The device comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, but guess what, it can be upgraded to the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Before you begin with the installation, please make sure that all data have been backed up because the Lollipop OS will clear the internal storage of the phone. Make sure that your LG G2 is of the D802 international model if you don’t want to lose your phone.
Follow the steps below to install the 5.0 Lollipop:
1. Download the LG USB drivers and install it.
2. Download the LG Flash Tool 2014 that aids in device flashing. Get all the files out of the zip file into your PC.
3. Next, download Android 5.0.2 KDZ firmware file for LG G2 and into your PC.
4. Go to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging.
5. Now, turn off your phone. Hold down the volume up button and simultaneously plug your phone to your PC via USB. The phone is now in download mode.
6. Choose LGFlashTool2014.exe file and open it. Make sure to select CDMA and DIAG. Then, select D80230d_00.KDZ Lollipop ROM from the KDZ file option menu.
7. Click the CSE Flash and click START which will initiate the flashing procedure. While choosing the Normal flash process would not erase your data, CSE Flash will. It is preferable to choose the latter, so make sure you backup your data.