The LG G2 is not the latest device from LG since it was released two years ago. Yet, it has been a popular handset due to its powerful hardware and affordable price.
It is said that the Android 5.0 Lollipop will be made available to the LG G2, but the moment has not yet happened. Nonetheless, thanks to XDA developers for coming out with the custom version of the Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM.
If you’re ready to equip your LG G2 with Android 5.0 Lollipop, just follow the steps below:
1. Perform a backup to your phone and make sure it is already rooted with CWM. We recommend doing so with NANDROID.
2. Your device should have at least 50% of battery life to ensure no disruption when installation is taking place.
3. Download the CM12 ROM ZIP.
4. Next, download the Google Apps Package.
1. Transfer the Custom ROM and Google Apps Package into your G2.
2. Boot your device into recovery mode and wipe cache, data and system partition.
3. Flash the CM12 ROM.
4. Then, Flash the Google Apps Package.
5. Finally, your device should reboot and it will run on the Lollipop OS.
The update can be done to other LG G2 variants, including the D800, D801, LS980 and VS980.