There is no better way to start 2015 for LG G2 users than through updating their device to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop. The OS has been made available for the LG G2 D800, D801, D802, LS980, and VS980 variants, thanks to XDA developer Rashed97.
Then again, it is also worth noting that the custom ROM containing the Android 5.0 Lollipop is still in its early build and there are errors with it. Rashed97 was courteous enough to share that the GPS and video recording features are problematic. Also, the LS/VS980 version of the G2 is suffering from faulty cellular network. Aside from that, everything else works like wonders for the LG G2.
With that being said, LG G2 users can skip the wait for an official update and start installing the Android 5.0 Lollipop on their device now. If you are a G2 user, you can check out our installation guide below.
1. Make sure a backup is created and the device is already rooted with CWM. We recommend doing so with NANDROID.
2. A minimum of 50% battery life to ensure no disruption when installation is taking place.
3. CM12 ROM ZIP downloaded for the G2.
4. Google Apps Package downloaded.
1. Transfer both the Custom ROM and Google Apps Package to your G2.
2. Boot device into recovery mode and wipe cache, data and system partition.
3. Flash the CM12 ROM.
4. Then, Flash the Google Apps Package.
5. The G2 should reboot and it will run on the Lollipop OS.