LG has confirmed that the G2 will be receiving the Android 5.0 Lollipop before the start of February. Then again, LG G2 D800, D801, D802, LS980, and VS980 users can already skip the wait as they can now update their device manually thanks to Rashed97.
The developer from XDA had just completed the production of a custom ROM containing the Android 5.0 Lollipop and G2 users can apply the update in less than an hour’s time.
Of course, the custom ROM is still in its early build so there are bound to be some issues with it. Rashed97 has made it known that features like GPS, and are malfunctioning. On the upside of things, and update will be pushed out in the future to address the issues.
So if you are using the LG G2 and wish to update your device to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop, you can check out our installation guide below. However, do note that we will not be held accountable for any damages or loss of data caused by the updating process.
1. Make sure a backup is created and the device is already rooted with CWM. We recommend doing so with NANDROID.
2. A minimum of 50% battery life to ensure no disruption when installation is taking place.
3. CM12 ROM ZIP downloaded for the G2.
4. Google Apps Package downloaded.
1. Transfer both the Custom ROM and Google Apps Package to your G2.
2. Boot device into recovery mode and wipe cache, data and system partition.
3. Flash the CM12 ROM.
4. Then, Flash the Google Apps Package.
5. The G2 should reboot and it will run on the Lollipop OS.