If you are an LG G2 user, you are in for a treat. XDA developer’s Rashed97 has created a custom ROM, which contains the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop and is made just for the LG G2. In other words, you can skip waiting for the update and jump straight to applying the Lollipop OS on your device.
Rashed97 added that the ROM is still in its early build but the errors are minimal. The lad confirmed that the malfunctioning functions are only with the video recording features, GPS and cellular network that affect the LS/VS980 variants of the G2. Of course, there will be updates coming in the future to fix the issue.
With that being said, if you wish to update your LG G2, you can follow the instructions below. Do note that the custom ROM is only compatible with the G2 D800, D801, D802, LS980, and VS980 variants.
1. Make sure a backup is created and the device is already rooted with CWM. We recommend doing so with NANDROID.
2. A minimum of 50% battery life to ensure no disruption when installation is taking place.
3. CM12 ROM ZIP downloaded for the G2.
4. Google Apps Package downloaded.
1. Transfer both the Custom ROM and Google Apps Package to your G2.
2. Boot device into recovery mode and wipe cache, data and system partition.
3. Flash the CM12 ROM.
4. Then, Flash the Google Apps Package.
5. The G2 should reboot and it will run on the Lollipop OS.