If you are using the LG G2 D800, D801, D802, LS980, or VS980 variants, then you can already update your device to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop. However, the update is an unofficial one and it has to be done manually.
This is possible thanks XDA’s Rashed97, who have just released a custom ROM containing the Android 5.0 Lollipop. The lad made clear that there are some errors with the Android 5.0 Lollipop but he will be fixing them in the near future.
Then again, the issues are pretty minimalistic as it only consists of GPS and video recording features. For the LS/VS980 model however, there is an issue with the cellular network.
On the upside of things everything else is working fine. So if you wish to install the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop on your LG G2, you can do so by following the instructions below. Do note that we will not be held responsible for any damages or loss caused by the process. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Make sure a backup is created and the device is already rooted with CWM. We recommend doing so with NANDROID.
2. A minimum of 50% battery life to ensure no disruption when installation is taking place.
3. CM12 ROM ZIP downloaded for the G2.
4. Google Apps Package downloaded.
1. Transfer both the Custom ROM and Google Apps Package to your G2.
2. Boot device into recovery mode and wipe cache, data and system partition.
3. Flash the CM12 ROM.
4. Then, Flash the Google Apps Package.
5. The G2 should reboot and it will run on the Lollipop OS.