It is all joyful in the jailbreak universe even when Apple launched the iOS 8.2. This is because the iPhone users can still apply the Taig jailbreak on their device without any issues, thus eliminating the need to worry about not getting to enjoy the Cydia tweaks.
Just hours after the iOS 8.2 launching, Taig sent out a small time update to ensure that the iOS 8 jailbreak is compatible with the latest iPhone firmware. For those that have yet to jailbreak their device, you can do so with the aid of a guide below.
Unfortunately, installing Taig requires a Windows-operated PC with iTunes pre-installed. However, the process is a rather simple one and it can be completed in less than an hour’s time.
1. Download Taig to your PC
2. Perform manual backup of the iPhone
3. Ensure that there is 80% battery left to avoid any interruptions while installing
4. Disable Find My iPhone services, TouchID and Passcode
5. Set the iPhone in Airplane mode
1. Connect the iPhone to your PC.
2. Run Taig as admin and it should spot the connected iPhone automatically.
3. At the list of options which will populate the screen, uncheck the second box as it will install Taig App Store that only runs in Chinese. Keep the first box checked as it is the Cydia Store.
4. Click on the big green button and the installation will commence.
5. When completed, you will be greeted by a huge smiling emoticon.
6. The iPhone should then reboot and you will see the Cydia app being made available.