iPhone 7 Plus: Don’t Play With Fire, Apple!
It was bad enough that Samsung had the whole exploding battery incident last year but it looks like Apple might be joining them as well after a new video released online showed the Apple iPhone 7 Plus catching fire.
In the video, you can see the smoke smoking first before the metal shell burst and more smoke came pouring out from the Apple iPhone 7 Plus. According to the owner, Brianna Olivas, she was not charging the smartphone and that the device just started smoking for no reason.
From the looks of it, it looks like the battery is at fault here as well but nobody knows what made the battery swell and caught fire. Since then, it has been reported that Apple in now in touch with the owners to work out the detail.
Let’s hope that this is just an isolated incident and that it won’t end up being another major recall like the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. You can check out the video on the owner’s twitter page here.